Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

14 Oct 2021


stevelee, Albert, Jennie_, cweidner, julierawe, kirkwood, Rain, Fazio, Rachael, krisannekinney


<scribe> scribe: Albert

Action: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

Lisa: First, planning page. TPAC this week. The other things urgently mental health sub group but can wait after TPAC

<cweidner> +1

<Rain> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Lisa: 1st thing, regular group items. mental health silver task force are all cancelled for next 2 weeks
... May want to attend sessions in TPAC, join, network

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Lisa: Other meetings for sub groups and COGA will be cancelled during TPAC

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1UIQu4RqklIlFjEuDPh3bZgMaeqexsRW32ite37AOhoA/edit#slide=id.gf082ec77ba_0_0

Lisa: If anyone wants to join in and help Jennie for slides, come in and join us 1 hour after
... Next item Panel Rain is organizing

<Rain> Panel talking points: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S_Cos5pKb9g6Cts8D_2pesvbkhsG4kuIP5KDBvpiptI/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> the deck https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YeqvkeE6xbh8yAAUvliA6v4MqbLsj28dFxzRcMyGTz0/edit#slide=id.p

Rain: We probably adjust the timing in the document. Will introduce content usable
... Once we introduce briefly, we do quick talk on objectives. panelists share quick anecdotes on what those objectives mean
... Then, spend deep dive in 3 of the objectives.
... Correcting - we only do 2 objectives
... will be doing today making the slides look nice; then send to Julie for content review; then John and Lisa will help review
... If anyone wants to help in, let me know
... We might skip 3 personas to go in depth in other things

Lisa: I think if it's okay, when it comes to week after, i will adapt the slide deck for joint session because it's important and Rain feels overwhelemed atm
... Jennie your presentation. We are meeting 1 hour after this coga meeting ends

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Lisa: 1:1 meeting for 2nd week is not for everyone. Typically, we have list of all things we want to cover. In general, how can we work together

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning_overview

Lisa: we have wiki page set up for scheduling, etc

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Schedule_overview

Lisa: 2nd week, working together any specific things they want to work together
... there is table Rain did most of the work. This is just the schedule for joint meetings with us. Our panels I put in bald
... 2nd week as i said is the group meeting
... if there is 3 events, there is 3 lines in the table.
... i put in bald in table for our ones
... just be aware the time zones
... how to work with coga we have 2 sessions
... one on wednesday
... wednesday for america but early morning for me

Rain: now everything that has bald is something specific to coga.
... also link on top of the table view for particiation information and full tpac schedule

<EA> Sorry RQTF possibly needs to be in full?

Lisa: 2nd week meetings with other groups
... one is positive workign environment
... that's when we talk about what w3c all groups can do to make meetings better

<Rain> RQTF is a COGA and RQTF joint meeting

Lisa: one i think most important is the 2nd week personalization one
... because they are really enabling us
... we really do need to get to know them
... that's one we should really try to make

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Lisa: next item agenda is TPAC sessions
... don't have to worry about clash with sub gruop meetings because we are cancelling them
... more we can attend and get to know them, ask questions i think the better
... social events which are really should be quiet fun
... for face to face, they are always really fun
... we shall see

<LisaSeemanKest> https://web-eur.cvent.com/event/2b77fe3d-2536-467d-b71b-969b2e6419b5/websitePage:efc4b117-4ea4-4be5-97b4-c521ce3a06db

Lisa: i put url in the irc channel but it's also on our agenda page. TPAC planning page.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Schedule_overview

Lisa: If you lose a link, email me
... does everyone know what's going on for TPAC?

John: Yes

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

David: RQTF they are very interested in talking to us about applications of how we think mental health can be success criteria
... came up in APA
... might be good idea to join and talk with them during TPAC

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Rain: our joint session with mobile will happen later after the TPAC

Lisa: next thing is mental health sub group
... we have not getting good attendance in the sub group
... right now, we are trying to work on literary review. feel free to add to that
... the other big thing is recruiting
... that could be a very good task to identify who to recruit and help with literary review
... we need help with recruiting and if you can't do literary, you could help with that. Albert is going to take it over for the work. John is already doing as well. Put Albert and John in the action item for this work
... also TPAC is a good place to recruit

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups/Mental_Health

Lisa: let's go to the mental health sub group page. everyone plz review articles
... if anyone finds it difficult to use the form for filling out the literary review, you can just join mental health sub group call and can talk about it through call

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Schedule_overview

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Schedule_overview

Rain: I've been updating the schedule immediately as things come up

<Jennie_> *I hear an echo on Rain's microphone. Does anyone else?

Rain: this will be up to date resource

Lisa, Rain answering questions from Steve for understanding the schedule

time zones, and everything can be confusing sometimes

Julie: do ppl have to register for individual events?

Steve: no, you just register for the whole event

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/register/tpac2021virtual/form

Julie: Once fill TPAC form, you get email
... it's a 2nd registration step

Michael: login to do calendar and join the sessions

<stevelee> https://web-eur.cvent.com/hub/events

E.A., Steve, Lisa, Michael, Rain: talking about how to register for the TPAC correctly. 1st. fill out the form using the link above. Then, you should get an email with url (2 step). once you click the link,

<Rain> For anyone who, like me, was trying to scour your email to find that email that would have the follow up link, the subject line is "Welcome to TPAC 2021"

<Rain> And the From address is "w3t-tpregister@w3.org"

<Rain> There is also a nicely obscured "help" link in the email, which goes to: https://www.w3.org/2021/10/TPAC/Overview.html#helpdesk

Jennie: if we are going to share presentation slide, do we need to submit the slide to somebody?

Michael: assuming there should be a feature to share screen. but not aware of guidance they provided

Lisa: i think we are going to need some guidance

Michael: we can pass the questions to the team via system

Lisa: We need to be all on coga channel during TPAC in case we get stuck.

<Jennie_> *Thanks Rain!

Lisa: we got 2 minutes; Michael wants to talk about work statements?

Michael: nothing critical.

Lisa: thank you everyone. We will be chatting next week. If it's not working, then we keep this coga channel open if you are confused, stuck, etc. If still stuck, email Lisa, Rain, Michael, etc. We will help you

<Rain> +1 to helping you get unstuck

<Rain> COGA + Silver Help meeting notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/166ekX0FeYIrkyJ6WdOvktpUxq2lc6b8_eo1iy_wayxU/edit#

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/10/14 15:53:12 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: stevelee, Albert, Jennie_, cweidner, julierawe, kirkwood, Rain, Fazio, Rachael
Present: stevelee, Albert, Jennie_, cweidner, julierawe, kirkwood, Rain, Fazio, Rachael, krisannekinney
Found Scribe: Albert
Inferring ScribeNick: Albert

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 14 Oct 2021
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]