Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

07 October 2021


Fazio, Jennie, julierawe, kirkwood, Rain

Meeting minutes

<LisaSeemanKest> agenda

Updates from the subgroups, community, actions <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Timelines_and_actions>

Lisa asked Jennie about the draft for TPAC

Jennie is working on Google slides will be ready for review for Monday or Tuesday

Raine no confirmed date for the session. week on 18th breakout session - Content usaable and Coga sessions Joint sessions the following week except some will scheduled will be outside that week as so many presentations

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning

Lisa - as soon as we have dates - put in the calendar section and linked to detailed items on wiki page. Please can people put things in their calendars.

Rain - Personalisation not yet scheduled - Janina working on it .

<Rain> Direct link to the schedule overview table: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/TPAC_2021_initial_planning#Schedule_overview

Lisa mentioned positive working environments and may wish to attend to check for overlaps.

Lisa also mentioned Jason's groups related to research - may be interesed in our research. Also Silver careful to collect the questions we want to ask. An opportunity to sit with the group as points have been raised in coga

Do they prefer one long testable statement or each declaration to be its own testable statement - looking at the approach.

Lisa wants to know all questions that need to be raised

Lisa asked about the guardianship document - not moved forward - John Kirkwood confirmed this

<Rain> +1 to pictures for each persona

Lisa wondered about images for all the personas?

We have made them from AI generated images

Lisa said that she has sent an image to the group - can you note what not to do regarding images etc. This is for Jennie, Rain and John

Julie said she could send calendar invites to the three TPAC meetings. All happy for this to happen

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TeSP612Z9Zf7Srojdbq0te615CE0g5wB6puCBVLXziw/edit#

<kirkwood> also on subgroup homepage as well

Jennie said she liked the idea of images but concerned about timescales - lower priority for image subgroup so can complete work already working on.

Rain mentioned they had a volunteer for sharing materials from community group - images subgroup could possibly be completed by the community group

Rain mentioned that calendar links only seem to be accessible to some people and she has offered to see where the problem lies.

Invited experts do not see people's contact details. This may be the problem.

Jennie confirmed that when invited experts pull up the list of coga experts etc they no longer see information about the members.

Lisa also mentioned that someone did not like an article on mental health and web accessibility and will add where to put reviews on research - at least tell the community group

<Rain> Link to the post on the community group: https://www.w3.org/community/coga-community/2021/10/06/call-for-participation-literature-review-on-mental-health-and-web-design/

Rain has posted on the community group a post that explains how to creat a review via the form.

Lisa is going to check this so she can clear up the query.

Lisa will follow up on Monday with Rachael on Monday.

Rain confirmed that it went out yesterday and that Rachael is dealing with it all at the moment but is stepping back from the group. List to discuss on Monday

Lisa - still need people to do literary reviews in mental health - please send introductions

David said he has put his reviews in the form but not managed to do more.

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/work-statement.php

Lisa said recruiting is beginning - now active - but this is old and we have moved ahead. Some bits need updating - top two thirds needed to be updating - added recruits and may form sub groups - mental health, image etc.

Lisa also added a timeline and deliverables - must not over promise - so have to be careful with statements. Update for content usable, community feedback, mental health end of 2022 for completion. early is ok late is not.

Lisa read out the rest of the contents of her changes on the document

<LisaSeemanKest> The following presents a rough timeline of the work:

<LisaSeemanKest> Update to making content useable for people with learning and cognitive disabilities to include:

<LisaSeemanKest> mental health

<LisaSeemanKest> community feedback

<LisaSeemanKest> Illustrative examples to support understanding

<LisaSeemanKest> Expected completion: End of 2022

<LisaSeemanKest> Research such as a research module/ literary review and/or issues papers. Note that these may be in the form of wiki pages.

<LisaSeemanKest> Expected completion of next publication (mental health): Q1 2022

<LisaSeemanKest> Working Group Notes to support understanding and interpretation of other deliverables as the need arises.

<LisaSeemanKest> The following presents a rough timeline of the work: Update to making content useable for people with learning and cognitive disabilities to include: mental health community feedback Illustrative examples to support understanding Expected completion: End of 2022 Research such as a research module

Julie asked if the update is about the 2.0 version

Lisa replied that it may need to go to 2023.

Julie wanted to confirm whether 1.1 or 2.0 2023 then the research module as something that comes out in 2022

Lisa suggested that we need to finish mental health before we can start the update of content usable so made it easier by putting it all on wiki pages.

Lisa would like us to update the research module but wiki gives us a way out if this is not possible.

Julie asked if top priority is the mental health report

Lisa said that this is a work statement not a priority page - there is a summary and spreadsheet available

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YH4YETBmAdhfL9p8FK5ATUiXDGibeJh66psQCSUAvLQ/edit#gid=788316971

Julie suggested that is still sounded as if mental health is a priority and then falls into the second bullet point

<LisaSeemanKest> p1 resolutions: 1 ) review method and recruit , 2) review mental health 3) community engagement with external research. See https://www.w3.org/2021/01/28-coga-minutes.html

<LisaSeemanKest> review of p1 at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YH4YETBmAdhfL9p8FK5ATUiXDGibeJh66psQCSUAvLQ/edit#gid=0

Julie asked if the Silver Clear Words group - should be mentioned.

Lisa said it was not mentioned under the timeline as Silver has it in their timeline but we have the coordination group in place.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7-BSm9IFWN9tszIf24oVnFRpq-4n27CKCiXXxMqaYs/edit#heading=h.g764ncqdatrx

<LisaSeemanKest> WCAG 3 Coordination. The WCAG 3 Coordination Subgroup is working on turning user stories and other guidance in Making content usable for people with cognitive and learning disabilities into the Silver format and through the wcag 3/ silver process.

Rain searching for the document does not provide the subgroup so she has turned it into a header to make it a link

<Rain> Direct link to section with Silver referenced: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7-BSm9IFWN9tszIf24oVnFRpq-4n27CKCiXXxMqaYs/edit?pli=1#heading=h.b09a8zrlq0tg

Lisa requested whether we want to re-review it in a week - or give it another two days to review...

Lisa asked if we could do the comments on the list and if no more comments than ask for CFC on the list

<Rain> +1

Julie asked if the work statement may be a place to include how to work here.

Lisa said perhaps this needs to be put somewhere else - maybe make a link to send people to the wiki page at the bottom.

<LisaSeemanKest> Our work includes Making content usable for people with cognitive and learning disabilities. This document is for people who make web content (web pages) and web applications.

<LisaSeemanKest> Find out more about what we are doing and how to work with us at our wiki

Lisa has put the link at the top not the bottom

<LisaSeemanKest> next itm

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

There is a form to register for TPAC - need to say we are attending otherwise may not be able to reach certain pages.

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Julia will include the need to register in her calendar invites

Lisa regarding planning - next week need to work on presentations etc Rain and Lisa are putting together a slide deck, also Rachael - use as an introduction to what we do.

Lisa said there is a panel with a script

<julierawe> I'd be happy to help with the deck

Rain will be following up with the discussion - set up a time

Lisa suggested Monday 9am East Coast - Rain and David confirmed

<Rain> Link to the script for the Panel: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S_Cos5pKb9g6Cts8D_2pesvbkhsG4kuIP5KDBvpiptI/edit#heading=h.bra3ew6ofcyi

Julie has said she could help with the slide deck

John Kirkwood also joining the meeting with slides.

Lisa asked about time for discussing Jennie's slides

Jennie would appreciate that time to review - time to book extra meeting hard - but Tues am before AG call OK - John K and Lisa confirmed OK

Julie and Lisa to move their meeting to fit with Jennie's review of slides

Lisa to send out Zoom invite to Jennie, John K etc for review of slides. Rain cannot meet then and will follow up.

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

Lisa mentioned that the review for personalisation is not urgent

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Actions_Requests

Lisa said not one from EO but reasonably ontop of this - awaiting feedback.

Rain said that we gave them alot of feedback.

EA to go on personalisation TPAC call related to symbols and listen in to review - set up action items - to carry on conversation.

Lisa wrapped up and said all questions will be discussed at TPAC.

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).