Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

07 July 2021


amy_c, becky, Fazio_, Gottfried, IanPouncey, janina, JF, Jonny_James, JonnyJames, Joshue, Lionel, Lionel_Wolberger, MichaelC, mike_beganyi, NeilS, paul_grenier

Meeting minutes

Agenda Review & Announcements

<janina> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/video-examples

Janina: We have a video page now. This is a permanent link.
… This includes the presentation by Niklas Schildhauer on 03/10/21.
… Feel free to announce it to everybody who might be interested.
… There is an active CfC on Media Hints. Please respond.

JF: There are popup buttons.

Janina: French?

Michael: Will try to find it. Must be a dangling French piece of text.

Janina: Videos of last year's TPAC are there as well.
… Our video repo will grow.

TPAC Planning https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2021

janina: Please send me your meeting requests (who + why). We need to pull it into this page.
… There is a diverity and inclusion fund to assist people for participation on TPAC.
… E.g. if somebody needs interpretation services.

FAST Survey https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jun/0009.html

janina: Survey closes tonight.

Lionel_Wolberger: It takes some time - so plan for it.

MichaelC: We appreciate your time. We will benefit from it.

janina: This is driving WCAG 3 and our work in APA.

Task Force Updates

janina: We do not have the Immersive Media User Requirements ready.
… Will still take a while.

JF: Comleted red line edit review of explainer doc, semantic content.
… Still working on the second and third doc on structure.
… Explainer is on a note track.
… Working on reformating. Will deal with note track language.

Lionel_Wolberger: Made progress on docs. Formulating our TPAC plans.

janina: Looking for comments from AT, in particular SRs.
… Probably will have meeting(s) on this at TPAC.

New Charters Review https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

MichaelC: There are no new charters.

A11y Review Comment Tracker https://w3c.github.io/horizontal-issue-tracker/?repo=w3c/a11y-review

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6040

MichaelC: CSS Counter Styles
… We looked at this issue last week, asked research to take a look.
… Issue has been closed, assuming the commenter (Lisa) has been satisfied.
… We need to sign off or hold it open.

IanPouncey: I think we were happy with it.

IanPouncey: Changing counter styles is quite limited anyway.

janina: Any objection to closing this issue?

<JF> +1 to closing


new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MichaelC: None

Permissions Policy Response https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2021Jul/0001.html

Becky: Issue with permissions.
… Marcos clarified the issue in his message.
… What would be the next steps?

Becky: Should we ask the authors to put this into their spec?

janina: I don't think we need to ask for that. We should not bother people too much. We should just thank them for clarification.

janina: any objection?


CSS Update & Comment Feedback (Amy) https://github.com/w3c/css-a11y/issues

amy_c: What do you expect me to do with TPAC planning?

janina: Nothing specific. Tradition is to cue issues up to be discussed in a joint meeting.
… What dangling issues do we have?
… Niklas' presentation: Proposes new media queries.
… We might ask Niklas to join this discussion.

amy_c: Yes, i will do this.

Gottfried: James Craig referenced an old proposal on data privacy. We should discuss this issue with CSS.


Proposed privacy model from Indie UI: https://www.w3.org/TR/indie-ui-context/#privacy-model

janina: We need to solve the privacy issue because we need it for Niklas' suggested new media queries.
… We should bring this up prior to TPAC so people can think about it upfront.

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

MichaelC: File API assigned to David. Need to ping him.
… Media Session Standard

janina: Looks okay to me.
… User-friendly names for devices, status, etc. No concerns.

MichaelC: I'll mark as completed.

janina: MediaStreamTrack Content Hints: CfC running.

MichaelC: I'll keep Payment Request API in the list

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Active

MichaelC: (summarizes statuses on different specs) - need scheduled time to discuss this

amy_c: I had submitted an issue on color adjust level 1. I can pick it up again.

janina: Can we discuss some responses now?

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/open


<trackbot> action-2242: Ian Pouncey to Manage css tf review of css transforms module level 2 https://www.w3.org/tr/css-transforms-2/ -- due 2020-03-19 -- OPEN

IanPouncey: This is not adding functionality that is not possible already, only not locally.
… Positive that now no service needs to be involved to detect movements etc. Good for privacy.
… WCAG SC on concurrent input mechanism.

janina: E.g. raise your hand instead of a mouse click.


<trackbot> action-2296: Ian Pouncey to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/webnn/ -- due 2021-07-07 -- OPEN

(action 2296 is the related action, not 2242)

MichaelC: Closing action 2296.

Dangling Spec Review Cleanup: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/picture-in-picture/issues/179

MichaelC: Let's discuss picture-in-picture.
… Examples of other Web APIs for demonstration?
… This is a year old. We never replied.

becky: I can try to look for examples.

janina: I
… would like to see examples in WCAG 3.
… WCAG so far has not spent much time on APIs.
… We could use Media Hints and Lionel's text for it.
… We need to talk to Silver that maybe APA needs more APIs to consider.

MichaelC: Should we talk about a strategy for developing new specs on APIs?

janina: yes

Lionel_Wolberger: Media Hints is an API, but it is not openly called an API.

janina: It is a good spec - tells about the things and what they are doing.
… The meeting is adjourned.

rsagent, draft minutes

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 136 (Thu May 27 13:50:24 2021 UTC).


Succeeded: s/Still working on the third doc on structure./Still working on the second and third doc on structure.

Succeeded: s/color contrast/color adjust level 1

Maybe present: Michael