09 Sep 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Dave_Raggett, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Takahisa_Suzuki, Ege_Korkan, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell, Zoltan_Kis


<kaz> scribenick: dsr_


Sebastian reviews the agenda


<kaz> Sep-2

We review last week's minutes

Any questions/comments? [no]

Any objections to making the minutes public? [no]

Quick updates

Sebastian would like to invite the Linked Building Data CG to a future WoT telecon. TPAC is kind of full, so after that perhaps.

<kaz> Linked Building Data CG

Sebastian will reach out to the LBD CG

For upcoming events:

<inserted> Singapore Geospatial Week

McCool: I've sent an email regarding an invite to one of our upcoming meetings

Jennifer: I attended a lot of the Singapore Geospatial Week meetings

Kaz: are they okay with us circulating the slides with the WoT IG/WG?

Jennifer: it was a public event, so probably, but we should check

McCool: it may be more a matter of copyright

we should definitely ask for permission

Kaz: we can ask them about the permission for distributing the slides to the WoT Member list when we ask them about further collaboration, e.g., inviting them to the WoT call. summarises which webinars she attended

OGC tech trends - mindmap

Discussion about alignment on standards, OGC members helping to drive this at OGC and W3C

<inserted> API Specification Conference

Sebastian invites Ege to give a short update on the API spec conference

Ege: it runs in US time, i.e. starting this afternoon in Europe. I will present the WoT TD

McCool: there should be a follow up with the OpenAPI folks

<inserted> Smart Cities Week

Sebastian: one further event on smart cities

McCool: this would normally be face to face in USA

Some overlap with TPAC ...

I will report back

Kaz: next IETF meeting will be held in Nov

<kaz> IETF Upcoming Meetings

AIOTI Signature Event 2020 - Webinar: IoT - Driving European Technology Leadership September 29

Dave to add link to the wiki

<kaz> AIOTI Signature Event 2020

Publication schedule

Sebastian asks for updates from task leaders

<kaz> updated schedule

McCool comments on logistics for the reports

Kaz: note that the most important part of publishing FPWDs is getting the short names and URLs, so the content doesn't have to be perfect.

McCool: we should aim to publish the week before the plugfest

Sebastian asks task force leads to ask their groups ready on time


Sebastian discusses the timing for the plugfest

One hour each day at the same time to sync up

Doodle poll for the timeslot for the joint meeting with the DID WG

<kaz> doodle for DID

McCool: Oct 15 is looking promising for Web&Networks. We'll have discussion with their Chairs tomorrow.

<kaz> doodle for Web&Networks

Sebastian: we should also try to meet with JSON-LD WG, I will reach out to Greg to arrange that

McCool: I've tried to pull together ideas on github for an agenda for the joint DID meeting

<kaz> agenda for joint DID meeting

Each task force should consider what they would like to see discussed

It is a one hour meeting, so we will need to prioritise

McCool: should we cancel our regular WoT calls during TPAC?

<kaz> +1 to cancel the regular calls :)

Kaz: publishing joint meeting will be opt 1 (Oct 13 09:00PDT / 12:00EDT / 16:00UTC / 01:00amJST (Oct 14))

further discussion about joint calls

Kaz MEIG and Agriculture to be part of the WoT sessions

<Zakim> kaz, you wanted to mention TPAC registration is open now (after the topics on joint meetings) and to

<kaz> TPAC registration

TF reports

<inserted> [Scripting]

No scripting call this week. Issues are being discussed though

<inserted> [Security]

Security met and went through the the issues on the tracker

<inserted> [Discovery]

reviewed some PRs re discovery directory service API

<inserted> [Marketing]

we had a meeting yesterday on the design proposals, but some feedback on poor colour contrast issues

the animator is working on addressing that

McCool: there is a powerpoint tool that might help

Kaz: lightening talk video will be generated by McCool, right?

McCool: yes, and definitely in time for the next marketing call. also demo video to be discussed during the PlugFest call later.

<inserted> [PoC]

we mostly talked about the smart city IG charter

Alan Bird is helping with listing stakeholders

<inserted> [PlugFest/Testing]

we need to talk more next week

<inserted> [TD/Binding]

some discussion on the render script

some discussion on security schemes

<inserted> [Use cases]

talked about ITU-T collaboration. further discussion on use cases after their October meeting

<inserted> [Architecture]

we talked about the to do list for the architecture document

Kaz: how to handle requirements description, something to discuss next call
... end of telecon ...

<kaz> [main call adjourned; PlugFest call starts in 5mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/16 12:11:40 $