02 Sep 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Clerley_Silveira, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis


<scribe> scribeNick: dape

Minutes approval


no objections -> minutes approved

Quick Updates

McCool: MEIG and WNIG call

Kaz: presentation on Link Performance Prediction (LPP)
... related to discovery
... main editor Jonas is interested in IoT and edge computing
... good topic for the upcoming joint meeting during TPAC

McCool: People should review PDF, https://www.w3.org/2011/webtv/wiki/images/7/79/Intel_LPP_update_W3C-Sept1.pdf
... JSONPath standardization activity in IETF
... have contacted Carsten Bormann
... should watch this closely

Upcoming events

McCool: Ege at API Specification Conference (Sept 9-10)

Ege: will put presentation on Github
... people can take a look
... moreover. Was in QA session of JSON schema
... no planned standardization for JSON schema within next years

McCool: Same problem for JSON path

Ege: they do not see gain of standardization

McCool: Makes it difficult to cite and use it

Ege: Also started work of JSON schema vocabulary
... not only new terms but also new techniques
... should pay attention
... more QA sessions to come

McCool: Should plan for something JSON schema / path
... post to TPAC
... Singapore Geospatial Week is next week, Sept 7-18
... bad timing for me

Jennifer: Will try to attend also
... can take notes

McCool: Smart Cities Week, Oct 19-Nov 10
... conflicts with TPAC
... daytime in US
... reminder, Use Cases call tomorrow, Sep. 3
... ITU-T liaison discussion confirmed
... should review documents

Lagally: Agree

Publication schedule update

McCool: any updates

-> none

McCool: privacy and discovery hard to meet late September

TPAC and next WoT (V)F2F Meetings

McCool: PlugFest call today: not sure if I can make it
... should continue to work on it, Ege can you chair the call?

Ege: Not sure about open points

McCool: let's have short meeting
... WoT IG/WG Group meetings, see https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings
... Joint meetings are important
... APA, DID
... need to figure out timing
... for DID, we setup doodle, agenda needed
... Web and Networks IG - confirmed, doodle, agenda needed
... ask people to fill out Doodles
... by end of next Wednesday
... may need doodles for MEIG and APA
... in general for agenda: Should create issues in their issue trackers and label them
... there is also horizontal review tracker, see https://www.w3.org/PM/horizontal/
... can use it also

Kaz: Correct. How to use is described on this site also

<inserted> how to use the labels

McCool: Agenda can be automatically created with this tooling
... each task for should think about issues
... MEIG talking - subset meeting
... not sure about Publication BG

Kaz: does not mean paper and books
... rather ebooks, so topics should include synchronization of multiple media streams, devices and user interface modalities

McCool: Audio, text, images synchronized -> IOT device
... should create issue and track agenda items
... 2 possible options
... opt1. Oct 13 09:00PDT / 12:00EDT / 16:00UTC / 01:00JST (Oct 14)
... opt2. Oct 13 17:00PDT / 20:00EDT / 00:00UTC / 09:00JST (Oct 14)
... shall we do Doodle?

Kaz: PBG chair provided 2 options
... if either of this option is ok we can go for it
... otherwise create Doodle

McCool: Could "cancel" regular meetings in case of conflict
... Both options are ok for me...
... suggest Doodle

Kaz: Sounds good

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the PBG meeting with two options

Kaz: I am ok with both options

TF Reports

McCool: Scripting

Zoltan: ongoing things
... API design issues
... handling error subscribtions
... using observable design used before
... TD related. Mandators forms for unsubscribe in case of unscubribe
... algorithmn optimizations
... e.g, related to security configurations
... we think we can publish by the end of September

McCool: Security
... discussed PRs against TD
... can attend only 2nd half of TD call
... discussed OAuth2 issues
... new flows
... certain elements are mandatory in scheme
... provided by protocol
... should it be optional?
... optional would cause interop problem

McCool: Discovery
... discussed JSON path
... updates with regards to query
... JSON Path, XQuery , SPARQL
... which one should be mandatory
... SPARQL requires lot of support, heavy
... at the moment JSON is must
... XPath should
... SPARQL may
... Marketing
... heard from animator
... we also generated TD and node-wot scripts
... nice example: properties, actions and events
... proposal A and B is same
... different color scheme
... red green blindness might be problematic
... better contrast is better
... should check out filter

Kaz: we can ask Josh from accessibility group

McCool: OK, makes sense
... let's forward this image to them and ask for comments
... other than animator video
... Lightning talk video on WoT in general for TPAC
... website

WoT Welcome page

Daniel: open issue with website restructering, please take a look

McCool: PoC

McCool: alternate PoC and Charter

Kaz: Note: smart Cities IG should be done separately
... will create own list/repo

McCool: PlugFest/Testing
... did some clen-up
... No meeting for TD and Use Cases

Lagally: There was Architecture meeting
... discussed profile
... what and how to define
... data model
... start with HTTP
... identified new issues and created entries
... we talked about specifics: metrics, geolocations, ...
... no conclusion yet, we have issues
... merged 2 PRs
... discussed document re-structering
... first version ready by tomorrow


-> none

McCool: PlugFest call 5 minutes past the hour

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the PBG meeting with two options

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/07 08:22:55 $