05 Aug 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Taki_Kamiya, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima


<scribe> scribe: dape

Draft minutes approval

Sebastian: https://www.w3.org/2020/07/29-wot-td-minutes.html
... no objections --> minutes approved

TD meetings during vacations

Sebastian: no meeting August 19
... August 26 not decided yet
... Taki will inform by Email

Issue 912

Sebastian: Issue https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/912
... new terms
... related to binary data such as images
... JSON schema has terms contentMediaType and contentEncoding
... information for JSON-based data exchange
... in non-JSON-based data exchange contentType on forms level is an alternative
... TD spec should make clear when to use what
... I updated PR#896 accordingly

<kaz> PR 896

Sebastian: minLength, maxLength, ... et cetera
... still missing an example for contentMediaType and contentEncoding

Ege: Use example of Cristiano?

Sebastian: can do so...
... prefer having 2 examples to show the 2 possibilities

Ege: Sounds good

Issue 869

--> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/869

Sebastian: related to previous issue
... Daniel, status of PR?

Daniel: initial para and table added

Sebastian: Miss text contentType
... integer as text

Daniel: not sure whether this is a good example..

Sebastian: Example 34
... text/plain --> type integer

<kaz> Example 34

Daniel: will take a look

Sebastian: there is a merge conflict also

Daniel: maybe looking at dates also

Sebastian: "format" could be used

Issue 941

--> https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/941

Sebastian: profile introduces new terms
... currently not covered by TD models
... new terms should not go into the profile
... maybe introduce the terms in the TD model
... and/or introduce existing definitions from existing ontologies

<kaz> wot-profile - Recommended practice

Ege: "loc"-terms surely covered somewhere
... serialNumber could be like the ID

Sebastian: I do recall discussions about this
... but I believe there are existing ontologies

<Ege> https://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-ssn/#location

<sebastian> https://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/geo/XGR-geo-ont-20071023/

Ege: Have examples of SSN in TD
... e.g., example 29
... w.r.t. locations are proposed words from ISO standard
... style like underscore would not nicely match

Sebastian: I believe GeoSPARQL ontologies rely on such existing standards
... we should check that

Ege: I am against putting these terms in core TD vocabulary
... after location some other aspects would come in ... and it becomes very heavy

Sebastian: let's evaluate what exists first
... looking at *common* vocabularies

<Ege> https://www.w3.org/TR/sdw-bp/

Kaz: I suggest we talk with the existing related groups and SDOs
... currently no working group in this area but there are an IG and a CG
... I think we can start with talking with Ivan and PLH

* Spatial Data on the Web IG
* Geospatial Semantic Web CG

Sebastian: During TPAC?

Kaz: Yes, one possibility
... but would suggest brief initial discussion with them first

Sebastian: Invite to calls?

Kaz: Yes for the Geospatial Semantic Web CG guys
... regarding the former work by the WG in collaboration with OGC (and current work by the IG), I can contact PLH and Ivan via Email

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to talk with Ivan and PLH about geospatial discussion

Sebastian: back to the issue on the profile document itself
... suggest removing terms from profile document

Issue 942

Issue 942

Ege: Example 35 is not corrct
... problem is that example uriVariables, cancellation all at the same time
... unsubscribeId in body ... conflicting with uriVariables
... no information how to pass the ID
... no template paramater
... and why is there cancellation and uriVariables?
... putting ID into 2 places

Sebastian: good point

Ege: believe we can remove cancellation object
... downside: no other example with cancellation
... template mechanism like {{tag}} would be useful

Kaz: wonder whether this change impacts version 1.0 or not

Sebastian: maybe just fixing issue with variable missing
... "?" missing only?

Ege: think so

Kaz: maybe we should create another dedicated issue for an editorial fix in the 1.0 version

Daniel: there is already a bucket GH issue 920 for editorial isses with TD v 1.0

Bucket issue 920 for editorial fixes within TD v1

Issue 617


Sebastian: array of responses
... "response" at the moment *not* an array
... coming from discovery
... e.g., for error codes

Ege: Error or status codes is a problem cross task forces
... need to map WoT-specific codes to protocols/bindings

Sebastian: abstract error codes ?

Ege: Yes
... e.g., Scripting issue#200

Sebastian: Need to think about

Ege: Have issues in node-wot as well

Sebastian: htv:statusCodeValue informs about underlying protocol .. in this case HTTP

Ege: 404 used in HTTP, CoAP, MQTT ...
... error response containing information about underlying protocol
... should take a look at scripting api issue #200

Kaz: Need to move to another call

Sebastian: Sure
... Suggest skipping binding templates topics also

Ege: OK

<kaz> Scripting issue 200

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with Ivan and PLH about geospatial discussion

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/08/08 06:59:37 $