Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

16 Jul 2020


stevelee__, Fazio, AbiJ, JohnRochford, kirkwood
Stevelee_, stevelee__


<LisaSeemanKest> regrets, Jennie, rachael

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: Stevelee_

<stevelee__> scribe: stevelee__

.Updates and https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Timelines_and_actions

Roy is finishing off the publishing process

roy: Micahel wants to do final review but will publish on Friday if not heard from him

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/PlanningPage#Actions

roy: This Friday will be the latest and will send update to list when done

Lisa: have ben working through those on gitHub and emailed
... we should organise emails so do not send multiple responses.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://raw.githack.com/w3c/coga/master/glossary/index.html

Lisa: The glossary is developing and will populate the one on GitHub once have consensus on GoogleDoc


<Roy> This link should work: http://w3c.github.io/coga/glossary

<JohnRochford> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/1037

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/21/guidelines/


<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/


<Roy> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/

<LisaSeemanKest> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/

<Roy> https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/#accessible-authentication

<Fazio> Silverhttps://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/1194

<Fazio> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/1194

the latest editor draft is - https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/

at some point they will publish as a Workin draft for wide review - https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG22/

we don;t know when.

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/

JohnR - where can I find comments on authentication?

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/labels/3.3.7%20Accessible%20Authentication

<Fazio> silver is compiling high level functional needs list

<kirkwood> can help with example images

lisa: thanks John, maybe send exampleot list?

<LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: john to make first example screen shot for objctive 1

<trackbot> 'john' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., jfoliot, jkirkwoo, JohnRochford).

<kirkwood> “knowing what things are”

<LisaSeemanKest> ACTION: jkirkwoo to make first example screen shot for objctive 1

<trackbot> Created ACTION-327 - Make first example screen shot for objctive 1 [on John Kirkwood - due 2020-07-23].

<LisaSeemanKest> next item

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fc7TI8V6dNgFrD6wzGR8CjbbtO7Az0U-zYylrRSy8QQ/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues/69

<LisaSeemanKest> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2020Jul/0019.html

<LisaSeemanKest> Thank you very much for your comment. We think this issue can be better addressed by the personlization task force, who are working in the implementation. We have opened an issue on their github - see.....

<LisaSeemanKest> BTW we have a new document to review. See....

<LisaSeemanKest> We would love to hear more comments.

<LisaSeemanKest> Thanks again!

<AbiJ> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<Fazio> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues/1

<LisaSeemanKest> Thank you for your comment. We have a new version out that we believe has solved this (and other) issues. See https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-usable/ Please let us know if you have any more comments Thanks again for your review

<LisaSeemanKest> ok?

<kirkwood> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> silance is aproval...

note: we are now working through the issues

<LisaSeemanKest> https://github.com/w3c/coga/issues/68

<JohnRochford> David, I would like that research.

<Fazio> Down Syndrome Mathe Researchhttps://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/GJPFADG88RVSZBKKNFYG/full?target=10.1080/1034912X.2020.1737317

Lisa - we have an issue paper on maths and thinking about mental health so may be for a second version

abi: +1 for updating maths issue paper - but need to review if/how to break it up

<LisaSeemanKest> we look into updaing this math issue paper and increasing the sope to includdata visualizaion

<LisaSeemanKest> btw new doc to review...

John - should not under estimate the amount of effort

really need discription of big pricture of graphs

<AbiJ> +1 to proposed response

lisa: we should just respond to this issue saying we will review the scope

fazio - fyi I can get in touch and invite ?? to present

<LisaSeemanKest> gap anislis, thanks, we hope to be able to get back to the gapanalisis soon. your comments are welcome ..

<AbiJ> +1


<Roy> https://github.com/w3c/coga/pull/97/files

we want to disocurage PRs and ask for issues

can we block them?

JohnK - FYI have a meeting with the brain Injury Association of America

<LisaSeemanKest> can u rap up the minuits?


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: jkirkwoo to make first example screen shot for objctive 1
[NEW] ACTION: john to make first example screen shot for objctive 1

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/16 15:06:05 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/done/do/
Succeeded: s/ab1/abi/
Succeeded: s/fin/fyi/
Present: stevelee__ Fazio AbiJ JohnRochford kirkwood
Regrets: Rachael
Found Scribe: Stevelee_
Found Scribe: stevelee__
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee__
Scribes: Stevelee_, stevelee__

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 16 Jul 2020
People with action items: jkirkwoo john

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]