Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

14 Nov 2018


(tink), Irfan, James, Joanmarie_Diggs, Jonny, JonnyJames, Léonie, MichaelC, janina
Becky, Gottfried
Irfan, janina


<Irfan> scribe: Irfan

Agenda Review & Announcements

janina: need time from Leonie after lunch
... anyone have any item to report?

Leonie: webplatform working group charter is due on dec 31st.
... meanwhile all other specific is going to move to web application working group
... web platform will become a liaison working group

janina: conversation about personalization will continue with web apps

leonie: web platform is on holding pattern until the negotiation is concluded. will put us to the right people after that

janina: anyone with question or comments ?
... going to send a poll of decide of using media query to handle lo vision requirements
... next step is to pull the resource for low vision task force to help to make sure that low vision is covered in personalization work... If the WHATWG/W3C agreement is successful, the WebPlatform WG will likely evolve into the liaison WG with the WHATWG.

Next and future meetings


<janina> irfan: Need recruitment messaging

<janina> irfan: Been meeting and talking up the work

<janina> janina: Please send drafts to me and Michael

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

janina: no apa meeting next week. next meeting will be on Nov 28th
... no call on dec 26th and january 2nd

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> CSS Flexible Box Layout Module Level 1

mc: dont remember if we need any follow up on this.
... in 2016 we sent them feedback.. got reply and we discussed it. we were going to negotiate during last tpac but have no details.
... issue was the navigation order issue which we have not sorted out.
... do we just leave this?

janina: if it is just navigation issue, then we can leave it

mc: marking review as complete. still need to sort navigation order but cant do anything on specs until it is done

<MichaelC> File API

mc: next spec file API
... it was update couple of weeks ago.
... not sure if there is any issue but will have Leonie to look into it.
... check again in after march 2019.

<MichaelC> Payment Request API

<MichaelC> https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/pull/802

mc: this is going to CR in few days. forwarded Janina an email. came up in a team discussion about the issues. We have suggested a paragraph to be added for accessibility concern. it does add an accessibility consideration
... do we want to accept that?

janina: dont think what is suggested is off the mark.
... are we giving anybody anything useful here?
... anyone with an opinion?

mc: if we want to that we need to do that very prompt way. we need to send them friendly amendment.

janina: it will point to WCAG?

<MichaelC> http://w3c.github.io/apa/payment-accessibility-reqs/

mc: we could potentially point to github version payment requirement.
... in the future if we have something more mature, we could go back to it.

janina: we can accept it.

mc: I am going to comment on pull request.

<MichaelC> -> Pointer Lock 2.0https://www.w3.org/TR/pointerlock-2/

<MichaelC> Pointer Lock 2.0

mc: from the review of previous version, specs are okay.

janina: is this primarily a low vision thing ?

mc: 1.0 we closed the comments. in 2.0 we got the notes last week. we discussed it in APA

leonie: i dont think there is anything in 2.0 that would affect 1.0 in-terms of accessibility perspective

<MichaelC> UI Events

mc: was trying to fugure out if it has changed the name or something. we dont have tracking of some related specs but I believe it is different. last version is 2016

leonie: UI event, keyboard events, code values

mc: ui event is nothing to worry about right now. should we differed it?
... no changes.. changes recently.. deferred.. look again after nov 2019


somebody has been assigned to take a look on specs. there are bunch of specs that are open to review.

mc: we are not delivering on reviewing and also we cant keep the track if something is ready for review

janina: we always gonna look to have substance in a new stuff. not relying on calendar to look if there is a new activity.

mc: specs that we mark as deferred, we can look the change log to determine if it is useful.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

mc: we cleared bunch of actions last week

janina: want to move to spec review?

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

mc: it will be more useful

Community Group Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Specification Matrix Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review_Assigned

mc: I am going to mark it that spec review is not needed at this time.
... HTML micro data. dont have any action number on it.

janina: is it active anymore?

mc: last draft was april 2019. I think this is very low level

janina: we can say, no need.

mc: we are going to ignore this spec review.
... input events one and two, we discussed more than year ago and I don't have any follow up since then
... we had a discussion with them but no record of further activity. we need to circle back on this.

<MichaelC> close action-2063

<trackbot> Closed action-2063.

<janina> scribe: janina

lostlostcan't respond!

Payment Handler API

We will drop

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/11/14 17:59:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/./... If the WHATWG/W3C agreement is successful, the WebPlatform WG will likely evolve into the liaison WG with the WHATWG./
Default Present: janina, Becka11y, Joanmarie_Diggs, Jonny, James, Gottfried, JonnyJames, Léonie, (tink), Irfan, MichaelC
Present: (tink) Irfan James Joanmarie_Diggs Jonny JonnyJames Léonie MichaelC janina
Regrets: Becky Gottfried
Found Scribe: Irfan
Inferring ScribeNick: Irfan
Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Scribes: Irfan, janina
ScribeNicks: Irfan, janina
Found Date: 14 Nov 2018
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]