27 Sep 2017


See also: IRC log


Dave_Raggett, Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Uday_Davuluru, Zoltan_Kis, Niklas_Widell, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Kazuaki_Nimura, Darko_Anicic, Barry_Leiba, DarkoAnicic, Daniel_Peintner, Taki_Kamiya, Yongjing_Zhang
Sebastian_Kaebisch, Matthias_Kovatsch, Kazuo_Kajimoto
McCool, Yongjing


<kaz> scribenick: uday

McCool: Quick updates

Node WoT status

kaz gives update

MIT vs W3C licensing. will wrap up the discussion shortly

IoT Security Workshop

McCool: IoT security workshop

<kaz> mccool: NDSS: Proposal accepted; CFP submitted
IEEE S&P: Proposal submitted

Eidtor Training & Publication Schedule

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2017/Talks/0608-ash-nazg-ka/

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/2017/09/21-rm-minutes.html (Member-only)

Kaz: editor training on W3C repo manager

can hold another training for editors

also would like to discuss publication schedule with the Editors

McCool: propose to have an editors meeting next week and discuss

summary of things to accomplish

TPAC Logistics

McCool: TPAC logistics

registration deadline-oct 6th

<kaz> [WG/IG participants, please get registered with the above registration sites asap!!!]

<kaz> tpac registration

<kaz> PlugFest registration

McCool: other groups to meet?

Web security, web payment, automotive, etc.

Kaz: will create a section on wiki page for joint meeting

<kaz> done!

McCool: payment group reached out for a joint meeting
... proposal to setup a join meeting on Thursday

<kaz> input section for joint meetings on the F2F wiki

PlugFest updates

McCool: updates on plugfest?

<kaz> Matsukura-san's slides

Matsukura-San: presents updated plugfest slides

proxy servient concept introduced

Slide 3: Integration model updated

<kaz> mccool: would like to think about face recognition kind of service as an application. is that online with your image?

<kaz> Matsu: yes

Kaz: remote proxy manages multiple applications, e.g., face recognition and speech recognition and local proxy servient manages multiple devices, e.g., air conditioner and sensors?

Matsu: yes

<kaz> kaz: so it would be clearer to have those two proxy servients separately

<kaz> Matsu: right

<kaz> Uday: why there is an application servient on the local side?

Uday: do we have application servient local or in cloud?

<kaz> mccool: like fog application, we could have a local application

McCool: for local fog applications

Matsu: demo scenario discussed

Koster: local proxy for different protocols will be active in real scenario, but when we consume a device, what PB does the application see?

made a diagram and would like to review this in the next TD meeting on friday

How much of translation is done in the proxy?

McCool: proxy is too general, can have protocol translators, privacy proxies etc

for PB translation proxies are relevant

Koster: yes proxy include a lot of caching etc

Kaz: agree, we should clarify expected functionality of each servient

McCool: what is discovery setup?

Koster: where are the directories

Matsu: variety of implementations possible, device servient can connect to legacy device

McCool: where will we have the registration service?

Dape: there will be directory from Victor

in the past hosted locally

Kaz: dedicated plugfest call?

<kaz> uday+mccool: makes sense

<McCool> kaz, will you do a doodle for a plugfest org call, then?

<kaz> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for a PlugFest organization call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - Generate a doodle for a plugfest organization call [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-10-04].

Matsu: we have to clarify PB with proxy

Koster: can continue in next session

Dave: have considered having binding with IoT device, thing is created behind the device

<dsr> The app that exposes a thing on a servient can just use the platform networking modules to talk to IoT devices, there is no need for special binding templates. In my case, the servient then publishes the thing description via HTTP and supports web sockets for messaging.

TF reports

McCool: TF reports

Zoltan: Scripting API update

<kaz> Scripting minutes (Member-only)

PR changes

<kaz> [Dave's comment will be moved later@@]

Koster: PB TF update

<kaz> Binding minutes (Member-only)

combining input and output data elements

designs activities for events and proxy servients

Bindings for Echonet, Zigbee etc

FPWD to be done

McCool: need a doc for TPAC
... internal editor's draft before TPAC
... Security TF update

<kaz> Security minutes

McCool: need to discuss publication targets
... additional topics?

Darko: TD TF update

<kaz> TD minutes (Member-only)

TD FPWD feedback to be reviewed

TD events discussed

Kaz presented approaches from Automotive WG

MK working on MQTT and CoAP observe proposal

<kaz> Yamada-san on WebSocket interface

McCool: anyone working on current practices doc?

Dape: current practices to be a doc with links to other specs

McCool: next week agenda update

<mjkoster_> darko: would like to get TDs from plugfest participants to create the necessary iotschema capabilities

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for a PlugFest organization call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-wot-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/09/27 13:24:26 $