Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

28 Jun 2017

See also: IRC log


MichielBijl, Léonie, Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, IanPouncey, MichaelC, Gottfried


<janina> resent+




<scribe> scribe: MichielBijl

preview agenda with items from two minutes

JS: We have the usual agenda

TPAC and various actions

Any other items we should look at or take up?

We’ll surely take up CSS.

Any other news for the good of the order?

TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

MB: I’m about to change jobs, but that’s about it

JS: Good luck with that!

Be sure to plan ahead for TPAC

Even if you think you might be coming it’s good to book a hotel room, you can always cancel, but can’t always add.

Have already planned a couple of meetings between APA and ARIA

Any questions TPAC related?

Task Force Checkins

Hearing none, let’s move forward

*drum rolls*

We have a new facilitator: Ian Pouncey


Ted Drake are you on the call?

GZ: He’s not

JS: We need to some active communication with the CSS WG.

We’ve had various issues with the specs

As a result of that we have a CSS TF

We’ve had trouble finding someone with time to function as a facilitator

So thank you Ian! And thank you Léonie for you help.

Ian, let me turn it over to you and let you introduce yourself

IP: I’m very excited to be here and fulfil this role

I’ve been a long time CSS author

Haven’t had an orientation yet, but hope to get that soon

MC: We should a private chat for that

Another question is whether Ted Drake will co-facilitate or whether Ian will replace him.

JS: I think he wants to play second fiddle

I think we have a few people interested in joining

There’s also an open question about a best practices document

We got a positive response on our proposal to do more with customisation via CSS media queries.

In addition there is the whole realm of APA for horizontal review

When a CSS module comes up for review, we need people to do so within this group

MB: Would CSS modules be reviewed by people from within APA or specifically from the CSS TF?

JS: Good question, I imagine most people with accessibility knowledge will be in APA. But Ian will be able to assign the correct people.

MC: Ultimately it’s the APA’s responsibility to review specs.

JS: Not sure if there’s any other news from our other TFs, but they’re both active

MC: Knocked one front burner off today, hope to knock another off tomorrow

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

JS: Not all of the APA work happens here is part of the message

MC: W3C is having major service problems and I can’t load the tracker

JS: Cé la vie

Léonie were you able to look at the one I emailed you about

LW: Yes, but not to the extend that I understood what you were going on about

JS: *missing part* we never responded to them

LW: Not sure if I qualify to do so

Where do I find the relevant pointers?

MC: That depends on how responsible people have been while logging issues

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<IanPouncey> MC: No interesting new specs. A couple from last week that didn't get cleared.

<IanPouncey> JS: Clear on SHACL and XSL.

<IanPouncey> Tink: would be good to get feedback soon on microdata. Trying to prove that we can get through the process in a short time

<IanPouncey> MC: We determined in May that we didn't need to review microdata.

<IanPouncey> Ting: There is probably nothing a11y related.

<IanPouncey> s/TIng/Tink/

<IanPouncey> Tink: Nothing in microdata that is presented directly to the user

<IanPouncey> JS: I'm happy to take a read on it.

<IanPouncey> Tink: Other person who might be able to help is Shane

<IanPouncey> JS: He's not been present recently.

<IanPouncey> MC: The technical characteristics of RDFA vs Microdata aren't relevant, so Shane might not have an advantage there.

<IanPouncey> MC: It microdata doesn't kill accessibility the way microformats did.

<IanPouncey> Tink: There is potential for AT.

<IanPouncey> JS: Happy to take a read because we're looking at direction for personalisation

<IanPouncey> Tink: COGA have been looking at determining types of data

<IanPouncey> JS: Assign an action to me, is 3 weeks quick enough.

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review HTML Microdata https://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what happened.

<IanPouncey> TInk: Quicker would be better.

<IanPouncey> JS: I'll take it to COGA to see if they want to help

<IanPouncey> MC: I think we should look at explicit request category which has media queries level 4 and 23 active specs that are languishing.

<IanPouncey> MC: Input events again, Microdata, Payment specs

<IanPouncey> JS: I'm aware and have an action. Expecting Katie back soon to kick that community group in to gear.

Other Business

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to review HTML Microdata https://www.w3.org/TR/microdata/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/06/28 16:37:19 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

FAILED: s/TIng/Tink/
Default Present: MichielBijl, Léonie, Joanmarie_Diggs, janina, IanPouncey, MichaelC, Gottfried
Present: MichielBijl Léonie Joanmarie_Diggs janina IanPouncey MichaelC Gottfried
Found Scribe: MichielBijl
Inferring ScribeNick: MichielBijl
Found Date: 28 Jun 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/28-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]