31 May 2017


See also: IRC log


Barry_Leiba, Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Johannes_Hund, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kaz_Ashimura, Kazuaki_Nimura, Kris_Borchers, Kunihiko_Toumura, Masato_Ohura, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Niklas_Widell, Takeshi_Yamada, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Yingying_Chen, Zoltan_Kis, Keiichi_Tokuyama


<kaz> scribenick: kaz

mccool: many people are on vacation this week
... but would give some update

<kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

Agenda approved

OCF Liaison TF and Scripting TF met this week

OCF Liaison TF

mccool: working on demo for dusseldorf based on OCF Smart Home demo
... layering node-wot on iotivity-node
... working on OCF data model description in a friendly format

<kaz> OCF Liaison TF wiki

Scripting TF

zoltan: scripting TF summary
... follow up from Osaka F2F, architecture diagram refinement

<kaz> Johannes's summary

zoltan: discussion of container security (for running scripts)
... protocol bindings may need to be isolated
... no changes to the API
... need hardware support for the best security

mccool: may not support running scripts in harware that doesn't have security support

<inserted> kaz: do we want to feedback our discussion/requirements for the architecture to the architecture draft itself?

mccool: don't lose track of this thread, create a github issue for it
... security-based constraints on architecture - limit the feature set wrt hw security support

zoltan: will file an issue on implementation recommendations


darko: linked data TF report
... want to participate in the dusseldorf PF
... 3 workstreams: LD for WoT applications and semantic model for cross-ecosystem discovery
... starting with OCF and an interoperability client that reads semantic descriptions
... 2. work on recipes that are TD based
... 3. semantic processing for WoT, starting with validation
... also could demonstrate enhanced discovery using semantic processing
... could demonstrate reasoning in discovery based on descriptive constraints

(hope I capture it properly)

mccool: OCF input will be provided from mccool and mjkoster

<kaz> TF-LD minutes

Thing Description

daniel: thing description TF report
... working on serialization formats
... text and binary

<kaz> Sebastian's summary

daniel: they need examples of practical TD files for analysis, please send them or publish them

mccool: we should keep and archive TDs that have been contributed

daniel: dsr working on JSON examples of TD serialization

kaz: we can publish each TD specification after the F2F as a working draft along as well as the Current Practices document

<dape> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices-osaka-2017.html

kaz: maybe the IG can publich the current practices document as an IG Note and the WG can publish TD snapshots as working drafts

zoltan: need binding templates

kaz: we can start another repo for binding template draft

<McCool> p+

zoltan: there is a place in the TD repos for bindings now

mccool: propose making a subdirectory under TD
... a sub-directory

johannes: need to develop the agreement about what information is needed
... need one example of a current TD

<dape> http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#protocol-bindings

daniel: on which level is the protocol binding expected to be ?

mccool: can mjkoster make a PR that clarifies this question?

mjkoster: describe WoT implicit bindings vs. adaptation layer bindings like OCF

mccool: evolve the binding toward specification

<kaz> kaz: mjkoster, do you want to proceed with binding discussion as part of the TD TF?

mjkoster: keep the discussion with TD

mccool: but where does the discussion take place?
... start by getting TD hashed out and written down
... we could start as a sub-document of TD

Dusseldorf f2f

<kaz> f2f wiki

<kaz> registration

mccool: register by June 12
... should have hotel info soon

<kaz> mccool: also please add topics for the meeting on the wiki


<kaz> johannes: won't make the next Scripting meeting on June 5

<inserted> zoltan: asks about security discussion

johannes: reschedule to Monday the 12th

zoltan: what are next steps for specification of the TD elements of a protocol binding for OCF

mccool: create a PR for the example and start describing

<inserted> kaz: which slot to be used for that discussion?

mccool: reuse the OCF liaison call to work on the protocol binding examples
... could we have items to review by the next meeting?
... first pullrequest by the TD meeting on Friday, June 2?

mjkoster: ok


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/05/31 13:10:34 $