Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

31 May 2017

See also: IRC log


janina, MichaelC, JF, Joanmarie_Diggs
Tzviya, Leonie, Gottfried, Michiel


<janina> http://www.ami.ca/news/ami-partners-prominent-web-organization-to-further-encourage-media-accessibility-and-inclusion

<scribe> scribe: JF

preview agenda with items from two minutes

JS: discussed AMI joiningthe W3C, to be followed up on

also notes that there will be a special meeting next week

TPAC 2017 https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

JS: TPAC - if you haven't booked a room yet, hurry up

we will need to figure out an agenda soon

JF: any idea when during the week we will be meeting?

MC: haven't heard anything yet, but expect soon

VR Joint Call Next Week

JS: special call next week - one topic

Michael has provided an agenda for that, to be shared soon

we also want to be sure we invite the right people to this call

JS: Charles Lapierre would be an important person there

MC: invite Judy too, she has an ongoing interest in VR

JF: will invite Gareth Ford from BBC as well - not sure if he will join, but will extend the invite

JS: any body else? we will discuss on list

Task Force Checkins

JS: RQTF have submitted their draft on CAPTCHA

an update from the 12 year old note

lots of citations

JS: I promised to take a crack at integrating their suggestins into an updated note, thenm will share
... goal is an updated Turing Test document

RQTF document here: http://w3c.github.io/rqtf/captcha-notes.html

MC: CSS TF has some discussion
... outside of that, no other activity

JS: COGA - expecting to hear about a COGA module

MC: reaching out to PLH requesting publish of FPWD for the COGA module

awaiting his response

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

JF: I am behind on my actions

JS: I have 2... including a vehicle one


JS: there is a vision to extend sockets beyond monitoring motor functions (etc.) - i.e entertainment systems, etc.
... no apparent issues

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: Media Queries Level 4 - now needs a wide review

<MichaelC> Media Queries Level 4

we had deferred this, but we need to get back at it

JS: Ted isn't here

{MC checking action items}

MC: no formal actions assigned from what i can tell\

JS: we agreed that any CSS stuff goes through the TF
... Michael will file an issue to the Accessible CSS TF - will give action to Ted

MC: will put in the wiki page and will track there

CSS logical Properties Level 1

<MichaelC> CSS Logical Properties and Values Level 1

JF: this sounds important to personalization

MC: presumes its writing mode, as opposed to other modes

JS: Sounds like we need to file another CSS issue

MC: I will do that

<MichaelC> Payment Handler API

Payment Handler API

a 1st FPWD

JS: give this to me (Janina) to track

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to manage review of Payment Handler API https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-handler/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/05/31-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2133 - Manage review of payment handler api https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/ [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-06-07].

<MichaelC> action-2133: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Payment_Handler_API

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2133 Manage review of payment handler api https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/.

<MichaelC> action-2133 due 4 weeks

<trackbot> Set action-2133 Manage review of payment handler api https://www.w3.org/tr/payment-handler/ due date to 2017-06-28.

Personalization Followup

JS: there are very good miniutes

missing one URI - location (wiki) to store research and otehr data

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/wiki/APA_Personalization

JS: not much more to say after last weeks call - there seems to be little hints about various specific personalization needs

doubt it will all be covered by the COGA module

will need people to satrt providing feedback and requirements to the wiki

Other Business

JS: wrapping the call early due to low turnout

reminder that next week is specific to VR

JS: meeting ajourned

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: janina to manage review of Payment Handler API https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-handler/ [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/05/31-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/05/31 16:34:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/goining /joining/
Succeeded: s/whe/she/
Default Present: janina, MichaelC, JF, Joanmarie_Diggs
Present: janina MichaelC JF Joanmarie_Diggs
Regrets: Tzviya Leonie Gottfried Michiel
Found Scribe: JF
Inferring ScribeNick: JF
Found Date: 31 May 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/05/31-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: janina

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]