Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

09 Jan 2017

See also: IRC log


Lisa, Seeman, Janina, scribe, Jim_S, kirkwood, MichaelC, MaryJoMueller
Thaddeus, Jan, Chochia, Ayelet


<Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> is anyone talking

<kirkwood> yes

We can hear you, Lisa, but you can't hear us.

<kirkwood> we can hear you

<Jim_S> We can hear you Lisa

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

WebEx = https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mb10f72a1b8d5c8972343dc644e3c930c

review actions , introductions?

Lisa: There are new members.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

Lisa: Action item on bots

kirkwood: no progress this past week on bots action item

Mike: Working on ETSI action item, will try to write something up.

Lisa: Expects a PTSD draft by next week's meeting

JohnRochford: Will copyedit gap analysis this week.

WCAG proposal reviews https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.1_Success_Criteria

Lisa: COGA success criteria must get through acceptance criteria.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/SC_Managers_Phase1

Micahel: Suggests we identify high-priority SC to be assigned to managers

<Lisa_Seeman> assigned: #33 Error Prevention

<Lisa_Seeman> #54 Feedback

<Lisa_Seeman> #21 Task Completion

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/SC_Managers_Phase1#Current_SC_Managers

<Lisa_Seeman> https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3ACOGA

<MichaelC> SC Manager Role

Lisa and Michael discussing SC management

Lisa: SC managers manage risks to SC not being accepted
... SC managers should not be put off by GitHub requirements

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa to bug everyone to take two SC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-198 - Bug everyone to take two sc [on Lisa Seeman - due 2017-01-16].

Discussion about who can be managers

Lisa: Asks Michael if she can be a manager even though she uploaded the SC

John did not hear Michael's response.

JohnRochford volunteers to be SC manager for accessible authentication

Michael: Lisa's question should be answered by the chairs

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa to make intial pritation to the SC tonight [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-coga-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-199 - Make intial pritation to the sc tonight [on Lisa Seeman - due 2017-01-16].

<Lisa_Seeman> resolion that we all take two SC to be the manger

<Jim_S> +1 if someone can walk me through the GitHub stuff

<kirkwood> +1


<Lisa_Seeman> +1

<Mike_Pluke> +1 but will need a complete lesson on use of GitHub

These votes are about whether or not people can manage 2 success criteria

<Lisa_Seeman> if someone has trouble getting ontop of the SC then that bis an exception

Lisa: Will issue a prioritized list of SC tonight so people can volunteer to be managers
... Introducing Pietro

<Pietro> hello

<Lisa_Seeman> lisa.seeman@zoho.com

Lisa: Pietro, email me some times good for a call.

<Pietro> OK

Pietro, you are on mute.

<Mike_Pluke> One SC that I could try to do is #28 "Consistent Identification and Styles"

<Lisa_Seeman> great

Pietro: Works in Italy, focus on people with ASD

Lisa: Personalization is very important because it facilitates almost all the other SC, but we need a mechanism to deliver it.
... We need someone to make robust the personalization app we already created.

Janina: Media queries is another vehicle for achieving personalization we could look at

ok, have to go now

<Lisa_Seeman> lisa: Media queries is slow

<Zakim> janina, you wanted to remind, for the record, that ARIA is chartered to do personalization, and that CSS has agreed to trial using Media Queries for personalization

<Lisa_Seeman> uMike: use whayt is availible

<Lisa_Seeman> I will aria space drafts as editors draft by the feb

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa to bug everyone to take two SC [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: lisa to make intial pritation to the SC tonight [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-coga-minutes.html#action02]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/09 18:01:54 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Present: Lisa Seeman Janina scribe Jim_S kirkwood MichaelC MaryJoMueller
Regrets: Thaddeus Jan Chochia Ayelet

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 09 Jan 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/01/09-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: lisa

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]