Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

07 Nov 2016

See also: IRC log


John, Rochford


<Lisa_Seeman> trackbot, start meeting

<Lisa_Seeman> Agenda

<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

+ Thaddeus

Thaddeus present

<Lisa_Seeman> reminding john about action 173

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Thaddeus

Action items

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<kirkwood> +kirkwood

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html

API Draft by this Friday - Earlier if possible

<Mike_P> “Freedom from distraction. Presented information is free from distractions if the information is presented so that required information will be perceived without other presented information interfering with its perception. Distractions from a user´s point of view can result from both distracting events and information overload. Freedom from distraction involves minimizing distractions and avoiding distractions.”

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/search.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html

Lisa to check in with Janina and distrubute as needed

Lisa to work on Search

Interuptions Janina or possibly Mike

review sc wording to get to pending https://docs..google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#

Thaddeus to upload section headings this evening

Received outside contribution to simple language which will be reviewed and updated as relevant

<Lisa_Seeman> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#

Famliar Design AA due tomorrow

Please review Understandable Language and Familar Design ASAP

replace simple language with plain language

plain language is commonly used in other places

<kirkwood> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_language


<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-descriptive.html


Please date comments in Goggle Docs

Plain Language and Familar Design are the most important

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html

<Lisa_Seeman> https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table9

John brought up the topic to orienting to a map

Thank you

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2016/11/07 18:08:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.148  of Date: 2016/10/11 12:55:14  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Thaddeus
Inferring ScribeNick: Thaddeus

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: JohnRochford KurtM Lisa_Seeman Mike_P PF SC_todo_list WAI coga cognitive-a11y-tf com extension from html https inserted kirkwood master org rawgit rewording rewroded sc stasus status taken trackbot up w3 w3c wiki www
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

        <amy> Present+

Regrets: John Rochford

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 07 Nov 2016
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2016/11/07-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]