IRC log of coga on 2016-11-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:33:26 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:33:26 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2016/11/07-coga-irc
15:33:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
trackbot, start meeting
15:33:41 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs 389
15:33:43 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2642
15:33:43 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot
15:33:44 [trackbot]
Meeting: Cognitive Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:33:44 [trackbot]
Date: 07 November 2016
16:19:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
Agenda
16:19:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
16:19:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review SC, and timelines and status table. Reassigning any SC without a committed date Links: sc todo list: https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_todo_list, sc stasus: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html, rewording https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html
16:19:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review sc wording to get to pending https://docs..google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#
16:19:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ tables
16:19:39 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
16:48:32 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
16:56:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets: John Rochford
16:59:41 [kirkwood]
kirkwood has joined #coga
17:02:19 [Mike_P]
Mike_P has joined #coga
17:03:59 [Thaddeus]
Thaddeus has joined #Coga
17:04:08 [Thaddeus]
+ Thaddeus
17:04:15 [Thaddeus]
Thaddeus present
17:04:53 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:04:53 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "review SC, and timelines and status table. Reassigning any SC without a committed date Links: sc todo list:
17:04:55 [Zakim]
... https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/SC_todo_list, sc stasus: https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html, rewording
17:04:55 [Zakim]
... https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:06:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
reminding john about action 173
17:08:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: Thaddeus
17:08:33 [Thaddeus]
Action items
17:08:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
17:08:42 [kirkwood]
+kirkwood
17:09:20 [KurtM]
KurtM has joined #coga
17:10:56 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/status.html
17:15:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html
17:15:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
17:16:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html
17:16:35 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/index.html
17:17:35 [Thaddeus]
API Draft by this Friday - Earlier if possible
17:20:16 [Mike_P]
“Freedom from distraction. Presented information is free from distractions if the information is presented so that required information will be perceived without other presented information interfering with its perception. Distractions from a user´s point of view can result from both distracting events and information overload. Freedom from distraction involves minimizing distractions and avoiding distractions.”
17:23:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/search.html
17:25:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/extension/rewroded%20sc%203.html
17:28:24 [Thaddeus]
Lisa to check in with Janina and distrubute as needed
17:29:02 [Thaddeus]
Lisa to work on Search
17:29:17 [Thaddeus]
Interuptions Janina or possibly Mike
17:29:47 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:29:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "review sc wording to get to pending https://docs..google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:29:49 [Thaddeus]
Thaddeus to upload section headings this evening
17:32:18 [Thaddeus]
Received outside contribution to simple language which will be reviewed and updated as relevant
17:32:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHoA9fQRsNtfrhxpf-HGVzbNpe6KUxv-cgxY6NM4mGI/edit#
17:33:25 [Thaddeus]
Famliar Design AA due tomorrow
17:35:24 [Thaddeus]
Please review Understandable Language and Familar Design ASAP
17:41:40 [Thaddeus]
replace simple language with plain language
17:41:55 [Thaddeus]
plain language is commonly used in other places
17:42:13 [kirkwood]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_language
17:42:35 [Thaddeus]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_language
17:44:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/navigation-mechanisms-descriptive.html
17:51:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, next item
17:51:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "tables" taken up [from Lisa_Seeman]
17:51:08 [Thaddeus]
Please date comments in Goggle Docs
17:51:26 [Thaddeus]
Plain Language and Familar Design are the most important
17:51:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html
17:52:11 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/gap-analysis/table.html#table9
17:58:34 [Thaddeus]
John brought up the topic to orienting to a map
18:05:05 [Thaddeus]
Thank you
18:07:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
18:08:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
18:08:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2016/11/07-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
18:08:59 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
18:08:59 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees have been Thaddeus, kirkwood
18:08:59 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
18:09:08 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
18:09:08 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items