Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference

21 Oct 2015

See also: IRC log


Janina, Tzviya_Siegman, Joanmarie_Diggs, fesch, JF, Katie, haritos-Shea, MichaelC, Rich, JohnF, Gottfried, JamesN, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, ShaneM


<trackbot> Date: 21 October 2015

<janina> agenda: this

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribe: fesch

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

preview agenda with items from two minutes

jf: deque has a dozen people that want to help on WAI
... waiting on chartering to finish, can talk about it at TPAC with Judy

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

js: only did MAUR

mc: JS has a couple of actions... Katie not here, James N pinged last week...

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

<MichaelC> Encoding

mc: doc on encoding on web pages, probably not accessibility related

js: need better abstracts on docs... W3C has recent training on this, others have problem with lack of contextualize

<MichaelC> FindText API

mc: finding text is of interest to us, not sure whether the API is....
... if we review, need someone that knows the API of AT real well

<MichaelC> Confinement with Origin Web Labels

mc: might need an AT expert to review this

js: second time we mentioned we need an AT API expert

<MichaelC> Portable Web Publications for the Open Web Platform

mc: a dPUB publication
... I read an early version of this, steer toward a dPUB model ...

js: dPUB always had an interest in having all the pieces offline

rs: I don't think it is a good idea to have a second dPUB format

shane: this will dovetail with other work...

<MichaelC> Generic Sensor API

mc: I don't know if we care about this abstract thing, but would care about concrete implementations...
... may need an AT expert...

shane: about mobile sensors...

rs: you have a similar issue with INDY UI group, where there may be a divergence between some folks wanting to use media queries vs APIs

mc: that would be a good question

js: Might be a good topic for Wednesday breakouts

<MichaelC> TP session ideas

js: anyone can propose a breakout, need a couple of people to talk about it

mc: if someone can add this idea to the wiki

js: are you going to add it to the wiki, Rich?

rs: yes

shane: Apache Cardova project, Adobe phone dap project, angular project

rs: one thing that happened with indie UI was they made APIs and apple shut it down.... now these efforts are API based
... may attend the discussion

<MichaelC> Encrypted Media Extensions

mc: may want to track it, it often breaks accessibility

js: what the spec says it?

mc: ... decryption of such tracks ...
... we need to track this, because the often break accessibility

jf: two key points - if textual content not included in band, the encryption on the wrapper not the content.
... out of band content - recommendation to not encrypt out of band content
... there is an edge case that could happen, but is really really far out there...

mc: what happens when the transcription is handled by a third party?

jf" ping a black box - once the content has been encrypted then everything is available...

jf: once it is decrypted, everything is available,

mc: so you could pirate it...

jf: use case is streaming media, to record the stream...

mc: so you don't think there are accessibility concerns?

jf: no

js: will be at TPAC...
... we should look at it again, to make sure it is clear...

Community Groups http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

<MichaelC> LDP Next Community Group

<MichaelC> Experience API (xAPI) Vocabulary & Semantic Interoperability Community Group

js: propose we don't have an accessibility concern

<MichaelC> The Extended Web Community Group

rs: percentage wise how many groups do anything

mc: about half have done something, I think about 5 have done a report

MAUR Note Status Update

js: shane you are right, and we may need to publish another round, I found a couple of typos, but the grammatical structures of captions redone
... OK with or without edits
... maybe I should give you another version without controversial captions

shane: OK

jf: will look at it too

js: we aren't going to publish this week

shane: master and dated version are current

HTML 5.1 Alt Edits -- https://w3c.github.io/alt-techniques/

Rechartering Progress

js: had a discussion on new rearrangements....

mc: new wrinkle - what happens to publications. -- no answer to that
... rec track pubs may need new calls for exclursions --- could be months
... a bit of uncertainty on pubs, hard to get answers - prep for TPAC
... I assume will be operating jointly as PF/ARIA/APA lots of details on lists...

rs: would rather work through transition tomorrow....

mc: issue what lists are writable...

jf: lots of discussion in a whole bunch of different places... but having conversations all over the place isn't good - git, slack...
... messages should be archival using tool of choice...

mc: I know of a tool... but I have talked about it yet

<MichaelC> Mail Flattener

js: the group needs to be in sync.

rs: I would rather have discussions tomorrow, with travel restrictions there won't be lots of folks at TPAC'

mc: we will sort thing out after TPAC

js: at TPAC Monday Tuesday ARIA Thursday Friday APA
... in different rooms
... I propose the next meeting for November 11

rs: I will mention that we will take two weeks off (TPAC and week following)

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/10/21 17:03:40 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: fesch
Inferring ScribeNick: fesch
Present: Janina Tzviya_Siegman Joanmarie_Diggs fesch JF Katie haritos-Shea MichaelC Rich JohnF Gottfried JamesN Rich_Schwerdtfeger ShaneM
Regrets: Gottfried
Found Date: 21 Oct 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/10/21-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]