Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

25 Aug 2015

See also: IRC log


marcjohlic, Laura, EricE, Louis, Makoto, Kenny, Joshue, AWK, Mike, Elledge, adam_solomon, David_MacDonald, Wayne_Dick, MoeKraft, JamesNurthen, Katie, Haritos-Shea
Kathy_Wahlbin, Bailey_Bruce, Bruce_Bailey, Michael_Cooper


<trackbot> Date: 25 August 2015

<Joshue> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 25 August 2015

<AWK> Chair: Josh

<Joshue> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

<AWK> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20150825/results

<Joshue> Scribnick: Adam

QuickRef & update

<yatil> http://w3c.github.io/wai-wcag-quickref/

Quick Reference

<yatil> http://github.com/w3c/wai-wcag-quickref/issue/

<adam_solomon> eric: not much to see right now, anyone can leave a note as an issue on github

<adam_solomon> eric: right now gathering data,nothing major, but people can leave comments

<adam_solomon> elledge: clicked on link and got page not found

<yatil> https://github.com/w3c/wai-wcag-quickref/issues/

<adam_solomon> link fixed

<yatil> s|Joshuehttps://github.com/w3c/wai-wcag-quickref/issues/||

<adam_solomon> david: perhaps have clear all (filters) button maybe next to video

<adam_solomon> eric: good request

<AWK> Quickref is shown at https://w3c.github.io/wai-wcag-quickref/

<adam_solomon> marc: forseeable to robust links not working

<adam_solomon> eric: will be reconnected

<adam_solomon> moe: hold off on commenting on styling issues in the meantime?

<adam_solomon> eric: right


<adam_solomon> awk: kicking off low vision task force, collecting participants, choose time for meetings, in the next week set first meeting time, massive progress;check out the tf if you have interest or if you know someone, can bring them in as invited experts

<adam_solomon> wayne: am i on task force?

<adam_solomon> awk: yes

<adam_solomon> awk: right now 10-15 have expressed interest, opthamologist and others wil be on board

Techniques and understanding update

<MoeKraft> +1

<adam_solomon> awk: put it out for comment but very few changes, last six months have been consumed with charter discussion and other admin things, nevertheless there are some changes to the docs, and also important to update the timestamp

<adam_solomon> marc: didn't see call for review

<David> I don't remember seeing it either

<adam_solomon> awk: have to check

<laura> I didn’t see it either.

<Wayne> +1

<laura> +1

<Mike_Elledge> +1

<adam_solomon> awk: anyone object to sending out update which is light?

<adam_solomon> awk: no objections

Proposal for Techniques

<David> +1

<Mike_Elledge> +1

<adam_solomon> awk: do we need techniques task force? reality is that we have alot of tfs and spread thin, tried a few things, expect in the next 6 months there will be a number of techniques from some tfs like mobile, alot out there which are either on a list or as future techs in the tech document; create public list of all proposed techs ; get more invlolvement from outside the group, including other w3c groups ; github list?

<Wayne> + 1

<laura> +1

<adam_solomon> wayne: watch what comes in

<adam_solomon> awk: have someone to monitor according to criteria would be good

<Wayne> +1

<adam_solomon> will it be different from comment form?

<adam_solomon> awk: won't be worse, though techs never came from comment form, but it might be different in that request for techniques will be in more relevant location

<adam_solomon> awk: technique would be written in github ; example: using alt on images - create technique stub - writing html into github - we can import to xml, we can have templated instructions as well

Survey on https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20150825/

Survey Items 2,3

<adam_solomon> RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed

Item1 (issue 113)

<adam_solomon> james: adding extra nesting makes it worse - why do it?

<adam_solomon> james: role makes it more specific

<adam_solomon> james: dont need form element to make it work

<AWK> RESOLUTION: Leave open

<Mike_Elledge> !

4. Issue 105: 1.2.2 and 1.2.4 Non-Vocal Music Captioning Requirements

<AWK> Scribe: adam_solomon_

<David> Form fields don't show up in landmark navigation in JAWS or NVDA

awk: 2 techniques that need to be created, suggested changes seem to be good, no real objections, these are being changed in the understanding docs, Laura: can you make the edits - any other concerns?

<laura> Yes

RESOLUTION: accepted as amended

Issue 71: C31:Using percent for font sizes

awk: bruces comment can be easily changed

james: people will see this as checklist and exclusive, prefer it as before if we wont be complete about it

elledge: can add to procedure what james is suggesting, not meant to be exclusive

james: browser support even for px

awk: zoom presents problem for horizontal scroll

james: firefox for instance even with text scale will work well
... is there any unit of text scaling which doesn't work in modern browsers? should be investigated

awk: does that mean remove techniques?

james: there are ways to break text zoom but no by specifying font size

are we sure that specifying in pt or px is not really a problem?

wayne: will look into this issue

RESOLUTION: leave open pending wayne's action

<AWK> ACTION: Wayne to look into https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/71 to help guide decision [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-315 - Look into https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/71 to help guide decision [on Wayne Dick - due 2015-09-01].

awk: wayne can solicit feedback on background color techs to generate comments

<AndroUser> is Josh_no_broadband

awk: everyone: take a look at issues assigned to you on github please

<Mike_Elledge> bye!

<Makoto> bye!

<laura> Bye!

<AWK> trackbot, end meeting

<AndroUser> And I just get here..

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Wayne to look into https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/71 to help guide decision [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2015/08/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/08/25 16:14:54 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/id Mac/id_Mac/
Succeeded: s/t + Wayne D/t+ Wayne_D/
FAILED: s|Joshuehttps://github.com/w3c/wai-wcag-quickref/issues/||
Succeeded: s/Topic/TOPIC/
Found Scribe: adam_solomon_
Inferring ScribeNick: adam_solomon_
Present: marcjohlic Laura EricE Louis Makoto Kenny Joshue AWK Mike Elledge adam_solomon David_MacDonald Wayne_Dick MoeKraft JamesNurthen Katie Haritos-Shea
Regrets: Kathy_Wahlbin Bailey_Bruce Bruce_Bailey Michael_Cooper
Found Date: 25 Aug 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/08/25-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: wayne

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]