20 Jul 2015

See also: IRC log


Janina, Ayelet_S, Debbie_Dahl, E.A._Draffan, Lisa_Seeman, Michael_Cooper, Mary_Jo_Mueller, Mike_Pluke, Tony_Doran, John_Rochford
Chaohai_Ding, Steve_Lee, Neil_Milliken
JohnRochford, ayelet


<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: JohnRochford

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

<Lisa_Seeman> chaals are you going to call in on the webex

Lisa: Reviewing action items
... Will have to bug Steve about graded-help issue paper

Tony: I'm half-way through second draft of distraction issue paper.
... Will get to other stuff after that.

Debbie: I still need to redo gap analysis on Voice ML. Will get to it this week.

EA: Waiting for another review of latest version of symbols gap analysis.

Lisa: I will ping EA once I verify I have the latest version.

<Lisa_Seeman> Perform gap analisis on graded help when we have a copy and how it fits into with https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html in https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/gap_analysis

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/117

<Lisa_Seeman> next item

Lisa: Anyone interested in metadata point and personalization point Liddy raised?

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meta_data_support

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Easy_Personalization

Lisa: Found summarizing content is not reliable at this point, so a simplified version is required.
... Personalization vs. meta-data approach.
... Is meta-data approach overlapping personalization, such as GPII?

EA: Raises issue of Jason scripts vs. RDFa.

Lisa: Wants small website users to be able to use JSON scripts.

Janina: User-context deliverable sent to ARIA working group. Implementability is a key component of W3C specification.
... Best conversation about this to make sure Andy and Rich are on the call, and possibly Liddy.

<EA> +1

Lisa: Will work on a call with Andy and Rich and Liddy for this topic.

<Zakim> janina, you wanted to mention this is of interest to post IndieUI work now in ARIA

<Lisa_Seeman> acj m

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0069.html

Lisa: Will table this conversation because we don't have the right people on this call.
... Can't expect a user agent to simplify text correctly.
... ARIA alt type could be used for a simple version.

<Lisa_Seeman> <span aria-easylang=” some text that is hard to read”> some convoluted obtuse text</span>

Lisa: Simpler alternative is to use ARIA-easylang.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0069.html

Rich: Whatever we do, we have to be presecriptive to developers.

John: I'm working with IBM on an automatic text summarization and simplification project using Watson.

<Tony_Doran> John - very interested in that!

<EA> what are the common 500 words - do you mean core vocabulary as in the most frequently used words which contain virtually no fringe vocabulary - nouns appropriate to the setting?

Rich: We have to keep smaller screens in mind whatever we recommend.

<Lisa_Seeman> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0068.html

Lisa: There are open issues: Do we want to have ARIA distractions? Everyone will say no.

Ayelet, can you take over for me?

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: ayelet

EA: Concerned about vocab:500

<Tony_Doran> Agree EA

<ayelet_s> sure john

Thank you. I have to go now.

<ayelet_s> bye

<Tony_Doran> The more difficult it is the less likely to be widely adopted

<ayelet_s> LS: suggests having a vocab500 of the 500 most commonly used words, with any additional words having a tooltip

<ayelet_s> EA: too large a cognitive overload

<Tony_Doran> Sorry I need to drop off.

<ayelet_s> EA: suggests taking it forward - it needs people to take time and work only on it

<ayelet_s> LS: we need to move forward with things, so the options available are: 1. discuss this with additional experts E.A. recommends; 2. extra call for anyone interested in this specific topic; 3. put it in as is, and add a note that we want to give this ftf time

<ayelet_s> DD: which experts do we need?

<ayelet_s> EA: more technical experts

<ayelet_s> LS: would it be resolved if we pass it on with a commitment for best practices, etc.?

<ddahl> sorry, I will have to drop off.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015/07/20 17:17:59 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/scribe JohnRochford/scribe: JohnRochford/
Succeeded: s/proscriptive/presecriptive/
Found Scribe: JohnRochford
Inferring ScribeNick: JohnRochford
Found Scribe: ayelet
Scribes: JohnRochford, ayelet

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Present: Janina Ayelet_S Debbie_Dahl E.A._Draffan Lisa_Seeman Michael_Cooper Mary_Jo_Mueller Mike_Pluke Tony_Doran John_Rochford
Regrets: Chaohai_Ding Steve_Lee Neil_Milliken
Got date from IRC log name: 20 Jul 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/07/20-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]