IRC log of coga on 2015-07-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:14:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #coga
15:14:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2015/07/20-coga-irc
15:14:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, this will be WAI_CogT
15:14:17 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Lisa_Seeman
15:15:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
regrets:Chaohai Ding , Steve Lee , Neil Milliken
15:43:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda: this
15:43:14 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ review actions, and timelines
15:43:15 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ meta data and easy personlization
15:43:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Issue papers - GA
15:43:18 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Techniques - GA
15:43:20 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ Next ftf ideas (TPAC and Katie suggestion)agenda+ Other issue papers
15:43:21 [Lisa_Seeman]
agenda+ be done
15:48:20 [chaals1]
chaals1 has joined #coga
15:49:07 [JohnRochford]
JohnRochford has joined #coga
15:59:02 [Mike_Pluke]
Mike_Pluke has joined #coga
16:01:04 [ddahl]
ddahl has joined #coga
16:02:28 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:02:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:04:23 [ayelet_s]
ayelet_s has joined #coga
16:05:36 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe JohnRochford
16:05:45 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open
16:06:22 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:06:31 [Lisa_Seeman]
chaals are you going to call in on the webex
16:07:12 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Reviewing action items
16:08:16 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Will have to bug Steve about graded-help issue paper
16:08:48 [JohnRochford]
Tony: I'm half-way through second draft of distraction issue paper.
16:09:00 [JohnRochford]
Tony: Will get to other stuff after that.
16:10:30 [maryjom]
maryjom has joined #coga
16:11:05 [JohnRochford]
Debbie: I still need to redo gap analysis on Voice ML. Will get to it this week.
16:12:20 [janina]
present+ Janina
16:12:34 [ayelet_s]
present+ Ayelet_S
16:14:00 [JohnRochford]
EA: Waiting for another review of latest version of symbols gap analysis.
16:14:11 [EA]
EA has joined #coga
16:14:30 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: I will ping EA once I verify I have the latest version.
16:15:32 [Lisa_Seeman]
Perform gap analisis on graded help when we have a copy and how it fits into with https://rawgit.com/w3c/coga/master/techniques/index.html in https://www.w3.org/wai/pf/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/gap_analysis
16:16:33 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/117
16:17:06 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/07/20-coga-minutes.html MichaelC
16:17:42 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
16:17:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
next item
16:18:14 [MichaelC]
s/scribe JohnRochford/scribe: JohnRochford/
16:18:27 [MichaelC]
meeting: COGA
16:18:37 [janina]
q+ to mention this is of interest to post IndieUI work now in ARIA
16:19:02 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Anyone interested in metadata point and personalization point Liddy raised?
16:19:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Meta_data_support
16:19:34 [MichaelC]
present+ Debbie_Dahl, E.A._Draffan, Lisa_Seeman, Michael_Cooper, Mary_Jo_Mueller, Mike_Pluke, Tony_Doran, John_Rochford
16:19:38 [MichaelC]
chair: Lisa_Seeman
16:19:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Easy_Personalization
16:21:56 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Found summarizing content is not reliable at this point, so a simplified version is required.
16:22:54 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Personalization vs. meta-data approach.
16:24:03 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Is meta-data approach overlapping personalization, such as GPII?
16:24:44 [JohnRochford]
EA: Raises issue of Jason scripts vs. RDFa.
16:26:11 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Wants small website users to be able to use JSON scripts.
16:26:12 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:26:13 [Mike_Pluke]
q+
16:27:14 [laura]
laura has joined #coga
16:27:32 [JohnRochford]
Janina: User-context deliverable sent to ARIA working group. Implementability is a key component of W3C specification.
16:29:18 [JohnRochford]
Janina: Best conversation about this to make sure Andy and Rich are on the call, and possibly Liddy.
16:29:55 [EA]
+1
16:32:12 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Will work on a call with Andy and Rich and Liddy for this topic.
16:32:13 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:33:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack j
16:33:17 [Zakim]
janina, you wanted to mention this is of interest to post IndieUI work now in ARIA
16:33:26 [Lisa_Seeman]
acj m
16:33:29 [Lisa_Seeman]
ack m
16:34:17 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0069.html
16:34:36 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Will table this conversation because we don't have the right people on this call.
16:36:29 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Can't expect a user agent to simplify text correctly.
16:37:07 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: ARIA alt type could be used for a simple version.
16:39:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
<span aria-easylang=” some text that is hard to read”> some convoluted obtuse text</span>
16:40:04 [richardschwerdtfeger]
richardschwerdtfeger has joined #coga
16:40:15 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: Simpler alternative is to use ARIA-easylang.
16:44:52 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0069.html
16:45:37 [Tony_Doran]
Tony_Doran has joined #coga
16:45:47 [Tony_Doran]
q+
16:45:54 [JohnRochford]
Rich: Whatever we do, we have to be proscriptive to developers.
16:46:51 [richardschwerdtfeger]
s/proscriptive/presecriptive/
16:47:13 [JohnRochford]
John: I'm working with IBM on an automatic text summarization and simplification project using Watson.
16:47:44 [Tony_Doran]
John - very interested in that!
16:47:59 [EA]
what are the common 500 words - do you mean core vocabulary as in the most frequently used words which contain virtually no fringe vocabulary - nouns appropriate to the setting?
16:47:59 [JohnRochford]
Rich: We have to keep smaller screens in mind whatever we recommend.
16:52:09 [Lisa_Seeman]
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2015Jul/0068.html
16:54:04 [JohnRochford]
Lisa: There are open issues: Do we want to have ARIA distractions? Everyone will say no.
16:54:34 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
16:55:28 [JohnRochford]
Ayelet, can you take over for me?
16:55:38 [Lisa_Seeman]
scribe: ayelet
16:56:10 [JohnRochford]
EA: Concerned about vocab:500
16:57:14 [Tony_Doran]
Agree EA
16:58:31 [ayelet_s]
sure john
16:59:52 [JohnRochford]
Thank you. I have to go now.
17:00:07 [ayelet_s]
bye
17:00:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:01:34 [Tony_Doran]
The more difficult it is the less likely to be widely adopted
17:01:39 [ayelet_s]
LS: suggests having a vocab500 of the 500 most commonly used words, with any additional words having a tooltip
17:01:59 [ayelet_s]
EA: too large a cognitive overload
17:02:40 [Tony_Doran]
Sorry I need to drop off.
17:04:09 [ayelet_s]
EA: suggests taking it forward - it needs people to take time and work only on it
17:05:47 [ddahl]
q+ to ask exactly what expertise we're looking for?
17:05:55 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:08:21 [ayelet_s]
LS: we need to move forward with things, so the options available are: 1. discuss this with additional experts E.A. recommends; 2. extra call for anyone interested in this specific topic; 3. put it in as is, and add a note that we want to give this ftf time
17:09:20 [ayelet_s]
DD: which experts do we need?
17:13:34 [ayelet_s]
EA: more technical experts
17:14:14 [ayelet_s]
LS: would it be resolved if we pass it on with a commitment for best practices, etc.?
17:14:48 [ddahl]
sorry, I will have to drop off.
17:14:56 [ddahl]
ddahl has left #coga
17:15:16 [Lisa_Seeman]
q?
17:17:46 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:17:53 [ayelet_s]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:17:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/07/20-coga-minutes.html ayelet_s
17:17:58 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, create minutes
17:17:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2015/07/20-coga-minutes.html Lisa_Seeman
17:18:07 [Lisa_Seeman]
zakim, please part
17:18:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #coga
17:18:28 [ayelet_s]
rrsagent, make log world
17:18:30 [Lisa_Seeman]
rrsagent, please part
17:18:30 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items