W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

17 Mar 2015

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
AWK, Kathy_Wahlbin, David_MacDonald, EricE, jon_avila, Kenny, Loretta, Marc_Johlic, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, cstrobbe
Regrets
Mike_Elledge, Joshue
Chair
Ad hoc
Scribe
Kathy

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 17 March 2015

<yatil> Kenny, it is “zakim, clear agenda”

<scribe> scribe: Kathy

Review of Issues https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues

AWK: look at Github issues outstanding
... Small number of issues

<AWK> AWK: Have been using https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses

<AWK> AWK: don't need to anymore

AWK: we are not putting comments in the old tracker... only in Github
... Github allows assignment of people, will need a Github account. If you don't have one, sign up
... take a bit of time to go through these items
... Procedure looks wrong (and doesn't match notes above) #81

https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/81

AWK: Mark is right, but something went wrong in with the pull request

<AWK> Original git pull: https://github.com/w3c/wcag/compare/master...awkawk:AWK-WCAG-Edits

<AWK> AWK: Not sure why the change wasn't in the final document

AWK: change was not in the final request
... something we need to figure out
... Clarify the meaning of "is also available" in step #3 of F3 test #80

https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/80

AWK: anyone want to look into this one?

Jon: I will look at it

AWK: I will assign in Github
... [Low Viz] WCAG Issues for Low Vision users #78 - https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/78
... this is a bigger issue - so we will pass on this for now

<David> https://help.github.com/articles/assigning-issues-and-pull-requests-to-other-github-users/

AWK: [Comment] Meaning of "Alternate version" is not clear (G136) #73
... look at conforming alternative versions

https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/73

AWK: who would like to look at this

David: I agree with the recommendations

AWK: took a quick look and we need to think about any negative impacts

David: I will look at it

AWK: Can add comment and then let us know when it is ready

David: response will be in the comment section

AWK: I get a email with each comment

David: should we sent email to the group

AWK: yes
... editors need to pay attention to the comments. In the comment, add information that it is ready

David: maybe ***READY FOR REVIEW ***
... then we can search for these items

AWK: Maybe... i don't knwo
... what would you all prefer?
... separate email or add info into the comment

James: would this not be a pull request

AWK: sometimes there is no pull request or change that is defined
... ideally we will get there, but now not everyone in the group can do this

James: best to not change the title

AWK: this would just be within the body of the comment

James: how going to query them

AWK: I will need to read the emails sent
... still manageable number of issues
... could institute a label
... maybe that is the best way

James: I like that better

David: how do you do that?

AWK: let me see what we need to do to make a label
... created a Ready for Survey label

David: not sure how to add a label
... doesn't look like I can add a label

James: may need to make a comment first then maybe there are other options

AWK: this is something we need to figure it out; we will look at this

<marcjohlic> https://help.github.com/articles/adding-or-inviting-members-to-a-team-in-an-organization/

AWK: we may need to become members of the organization

<AWK> AWK and Michael will discuss with Josh

AWK: [Draft Technique] C31:Using percent for font sizes #71 https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/71

<David> https://help.github.com/articles/permission-levels-for-an-organization-repository/

AWK: Mike has already started

<jon_avila> This page says how to add collaborators to your repository https://help.github.com/articles/adding-collaborators-to-a-personal-repository/

AWK: #69 https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/69 - Marc already worked on this

Marc: do you want me to add comment that I agree with your comment

AWK: are we making a change or providing clarification

Marc: we are saying we can't change it but provide clarification

AWK: ARIA1 for 2.4.4 Link Purpose #51 - has Marc's name on it

Marc: was my comment initially
... I can do the pull request

AWK: #48 F69: Failure of Success Criterion 1.4.4 when resizing visually rendered text up to 200 percent causes the text, image or controls to be clipped, truncated or obscured #48 Open cleancoderocker opened this Issue Aug 29, 2014 · 0 comments Labels Editorial Milestone No milestone Assignee No one assigned Notifications You're not receiving notifications from this thread. 2 participants Philip Ackermann joshueoconnor Philip Ackermann cleancoderocker co[CUT]
... it is editorial
... #30
... also editorial
... #29 Code Standards https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/29
... Michael and I need to talk about it
... same thing with #23
... #16 on F24

https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/16

AWK: in the current version there is no color on the body so this is fixed

<AWK> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/F24.html is current version, seems fixed

AWK: #15 Techniques F17 procedure #1 and F77 both check for duplicate ID values https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/15
... we got rid of F17 so this is no longer the case
... any objections to closing this

Jon: comment on 24
... we are not talking about the style color
... the style changed
... we still have color in example #4

AWK: there is a note about it being deprecated

Jon: I am good

<AWK> 2 version old F24: http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20140408/F24.html

AWK: you can always look at the issues

Eric: to assign, create a group and then invite them to the group. Then you can assign them

AWK: can you now change the label?

David: I am not seeing that

Eric: probably can't

AWK: I can change the label

David: the three stars make it bold and italic

<yatil> https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wcag-contributors

<jon_avila> Test 80 is ready for the survey label.

Kathy: do you need everyone's id

AWK: create a new issue to collect ids

https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/82

AWK: add in your id or comment so we can add you to the list and permissions

Monitoring of WAI-IG list

AWK: not sure who is on the list; there is discussion that goes on there. We need to monitor this and send it to the group if we need to be aware of it
... do we have a couple of volunteers

Jon: i am subscribed

Loretta: I am also on it

<MichaelC> To subscribe to the list, send e-mail to w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org with "subscribe" as the subject.

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG/#mailinglist

AWK: not intended to be a big responsibility
... we just need to keep tabs on it

Jon: i can do that

Loretta: on the list but may not always be looking at it

AWK: will also send note to the list
... We will also look for other volunteers

<jamesn> 600 ...... LOL

<AWK> Jon is willing but AWK will see if any other WCAG members can - a great way to participate asynchronously

Discussion of timeline and goals for next update of supporting documents

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Timelines

AWK: roughly the same as before... September for the next update
... wiki page has timeline: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Timelines
... this is coming quickly. Mid-May for new techniques

<AWK> Mid May for new techniques is the plan

AWK: what else do we want to do during this time
... we need to look at the techniques and the feedback from CSUN
... other people may want to engage with the mobile taskforce to write techniques

<AWK> Kathy: Half of group's energy is on reviewing comments on note and half on techniques

<AWK> Kathy: Mobile group could definitely use additional help

David: are we going to take on techniques for native

<AWK> Kathy: right now the focus of the TF is on web-based mobile apps. Apple and google have a lot of great info also

AWK: there are some bigger questions that need to be answered. We should not rule it out. We did PDF and Flash.. similar.

David: it maybe that Apple and Google want to submit in a form that will work

AWK: as we get clarity around mobile, then we can figure out what to do
... there is also some interest in looking at PDF techniques relating to PDF UA
... PDF UA is not a 1-1 comparison
... we should look into this
... are there other things we should be looking at in the next couple of months
... look at design of the techniques (separate from the quick ref)

Marc: techniques around CSS generated content

<marcjohlic> flexbox

James: has the same issue as other CSS layout

Marc: James do you see this as an issue

James: yes, all CSS layouts can potentially have issues. Order of flex layouts. Bug in Mozilla but the CSS people are pushing back. It may not be time to do it yet

AWK: flexible layout module is the last working draft in January

Michael: they are in various stages of working draft. Want to have an organized review of all of them together

AWK: so right now we want to wait for the coordinated review

<cstrobbe> Current state of CSS3 specifications: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/current-work

Michael: may not want to wait; while there may be features that are accessibility issues but cannot remove the feature. WCAG may want to have these on their radar

AWK: will add issue in Github to do more investigation
... PF will review the spec, WCAG WG we will look at this from the perspective of that we are getting questions

David: have not failed people on CSS layout

<AWK> New issue: https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/83

James: I agree, it is not an issue. The order still makes sense since it is in chunks. Where it gets challenging with the focusable order
... if it is just plain text, then not a problem

AWK: could be a WCAG failure

David: the language talks about keeping the meaning and operability

James: operability is the question
... we need to look at keyboard usability

David: we could tighten up the understanding document for the operability

Loretta: we could write a technique

AWK: would be a sufficient technique
... made an issue so people can add comments

Marc: should we have a separate item for the CSS

Reminder about outstanding actions

AWK: yes, go ahead and add it
... can get to action items easily

<AWK> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/open

<AWK> Please take a look for your actions

AWK: please take a look at the action; if no longer makes sense then let's remove from the list

TPAC 2015. 26-30 October, 2015 in Sapporo, Japan

TPAC

AWK: we need to make a decision as to whether we will have a meeting at TPAC
... location and dates are wrong

<cstrobbe> TPAC page on W3C site: http://www.w3.org/2015/11/TPAC/

AWK: it is in October

<AWK> SAPPORO, JAPAN 26-30 OCTOBER 2015

<AWK> Not in Yokohama, that is the ITEF meeting

AWK: we need to think about it
... if we are working on a big project, then would that change your answer
... we will do a survey

<jamesn> separate from both

AWK: would a face to face be better at CSUN or separate from CSUN

David: yes at CSUN

James: some people may not want to extend their stay

David: hotel is expensive at CSUN

Page Structure Tutorial: http://w3c.github.io/wai-tutorials/page-structure/

AWK: we will do a survey

Page Structure Tutorial

AWK: we will need your feedback

Eric: yes the survey is ready but we have not added WCAG yet

AWK: that is it; if you have items for next week, let us know

<cstrobbe> bye

<AWK> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.140 (CVS log)
$Date: 2015-03-17 16:32:42 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.140  of Date: 2014-11-06 18:16:30  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Mike _Elledge/Mike_Elledge/
Succeeded: s/November 1-6/26-30 October/
Succeeded: s/Yokohama/Sapporo/
Found Scribe: Kathy
Inferring ScribeNick: Kathy
Default Present: AWK, Kathy_Wahlbin, David_MacDonald, EricE, jon_avila, Kenny, Loretta, Marc_Johlic, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, cstrobbe
Present: AWK Kathy_Wahlbin David_MacDonald EricE jon_avila Kenny Loretta Marc_Johlic Michael_Cooper James_Nurthen cstrobbe
Regrets: Mike_Elledge Joshue
Found Date: 17 Mar 2015
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2015/03/17-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]