29 Sep 2014

See also: IRC log




<Lisa_Seeman> agenda: this

<Tony_Doran> Zakim aabb is Tony_Doran

<slee> trying to dial in

<slee> slee wants to be there :(

<Tony_Doran> Zakim aabb is Tony_Doran

<Lisa_Seeman> scribe: Susann_Keohane

LS: review of agenda

<Lisa_Seeman> review of agenda, new items

<Lisa_Seeman> review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive function table

<Lisa_Seeman> user groups update (ADHD, other)

<Lisa_Seeman> cog function table thread

<Lisa_Seeman> WHat should help text look like. layered help or role based help

<Lisa_Seeman> review of User Agent Accessibility Guidelines (UAAG) 2.0 Last Call Working Draft. The working group (UAWG)

<Lisa_Seeman> approval of other new content, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Aug/0045.html, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Aug/0044.html

<Lisa_Seeman> editing github

<Lisa_Seeman> Next FTF

<Lisa_Seeman> How will we receive comments?

review of agenda, new items

review of actions - including identifying user strategies and cognitive function table

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/track/actions/open

LS: reminding folks to take action on agenda item 2
... ADD research that has not yet been captured in the wiki should be identified

<slee> I'm getting no audio at all for Zakim - not even the welcome prompt

<Lisa_Seeman> https://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/cognitive-a11y-tf/wiki/Gap_Analysis/ADHD

<Lisa_Seeman> steve - sip audio dd not work for me iether - i used skype

<Tony_Doran> Audio is awful today - I thought it was just my terrible wifi

<slee> Lisa_Seeman: phone number?

LS: request for team to review the ADD wiki and provide feedback

<Lisa_Seeman> +1.617.761.6200

<Lisa_Seeman> pascode coga#

LS: discussed cognitive function section referencing comorbidity
... challenges section should reference ICT

<slee> Lisa_Seeman: Skye deactivated my credit and can take 15 min to reactivate - Why, why why?

<ea> Diagnosis of ADHA naybe should be Diagnosis of ADHD

<Tony_Doran> slee - it is Monday ;)

<slee> Tony_Doran: oh, tell me about it ! :)

<slee> is't that a US number?

<Lisa_Seeman> \yes

NM: ADHD research has lots of contradictions

<ea> "To be diagnosed with ADHD, your child must have six or more symptoms of inattentiveness, or six or more symptoms of hyperactivity and impulsiveness." an illustration of the problem http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder/Pages/Diagnosis.aspx

LS: Group should review and send comments on ADHD this week

<slee> IPcaller.a = slee (I think)

<neilmilliken> EA thanks for the linkif you look down the comments list you will see lots on co morbidity

LS: Options of what to do with the ADHD section: (1) collect comments and mark as known issues (2) get more sophisticated version (3) not include it

<neilmilliken> IQ+

<slee> Thanks

<ea> Yes and I think it should go as I am concerned that it will lose a lot if it becomes too narrow

LS: add to-do to have discussions to collect additional feedback

<neilmilliken> I am pro submission in the knowledge that it is far from perfect

was that EA speaking?

<ea> yes sorry

<neilmilliken> yes it was ea

<Lisa_Seeman> \yes

EA: recommend option 1 to allow the broader audience offer feedback which we could use to direct our efforts

<JF_> I will +1 as well :)

<Tony_Doran> EA - Agree.

<slee> +0 :)

LS: Move forward with option 1

user groups update (ADHD, other)

<slee> +0: 'I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with this.'

cog function table thread

jf - you're cheat sheet is very helpful!

<slee> Lisa_Seeman: URL please?

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognativefunction.shtml

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Sep/0086.html

<Lisa_Seeman> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cognitive-a11y-tf/2014Aug/att-0029/cognativefunctiontable.html

<neilmilliken> What is the timescale for completion of the action item as I am pretty much on leave as of today until end of october

<Tony_Doran> I am goign to redial in audio is awful

LS: move away from diagnosis towards symptoms like problems with executive function

<ea> I agree developers will not understand some of the descriptions around memory

JR: questions around the specificity requested for the table

LS: the techniques may be different technique on the specificity (such as a memory problem)

EA: concerned we are overloading specificity to the point where the developer may not be able to understand

RS: we don't want to convey the medical model to a site for personalization
... we do have an overlap of symptoms

<ea> +1

RS: developers wants to know what they need to do and for each individual may be a collection of solutions

<Lisa_Seeman> http://accessibility.athena-ict.com/cognitive/VisionCoga1.html

LS: labeling cognitive functions and mapping to techniques
... this table is for our knowledge

<Tony_Doran> You have just answered my question :)

<ddahl> bye!

LS: asking for folks to join her in building the table

<Tony_Doran> Sorry line is awful

<Tony_Doran> Great news EA!!

<Tony_Doran> Agree - an indication of direction would be good.

<Tony_Doran> Apologies - need to drop off

<Lisa_Seeman> ACTION: lisa ask kate and neil to work on tabel [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/29-coga-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Ask kate and neil to work on tabel [on Lisa Seeman - due 2014-10-06].

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: lisa ask kate and neil to work on tabel [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/29-coga-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-09-29 17:04:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: Susann_Keohane
Inferring ScribeNick: Susann_Keohane

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Barry_Johnson Debbie_Dahl EA IPcaller JF JF_ JR JohnRochford LS Lisa_Seeman MichaelC NM P12 P9 RS Rich_Schwerdtfeger Susann_Keohane Tim Tony_Doran aaaa aabb ddahl https inserted janina neilmilliken richardschwerdtfeger slee trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Regrets: Kinshuk

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

Got date from IRC log name: 29 Sep 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/09/29-coga-minutes.html
People with action items: ask kate lisa neil

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]