W3C

- DRAFT -

Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference

16 Sep 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Joshue, +1.617.766.aaaa, AWK, Michael_Cooper, +1.313.390.aabb, adam_solomon, Kenny, Mike_Elledge, Sailesh_Panchang, Marc_Johlic, +1.612.384.aacc, Brent, David_MacDonald, Loretta, Kathy_Wahlbin, James_Nurthen
Regrets
Alistair, Barry, Loretta, Bruce
Chair
Joshue
Scribe
Adam, Adam_solomon

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 16 September 2014

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/16th_Sept_2014/

<Joshue108> Scribe list: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

<Kenny> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses

<Kenny> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/16th_Sept_2014/

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

Open actions https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/open

<AWK> Scribe: Adam

Open actions

<AWK> Scribe: Adam_solomon

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/270

action 271 on Joshua - hell take care of it

<trackbot> Error finding '271'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/users>.

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/wai/gl/wiki/techniques/general/caption_updates

act 270 Bruce not on the call

<Joshue108> Action-270: Josh to ping Bruce on status

<trackbot> Notes added to Action-270 Edit https://www.w3.org/wai/gl/wiki/techniques/general/caption_updates to improve procedure based on august 26, 2014 call.

<Joshue108> ACTION-267: Draft new text for clarification on placeholder text a la 1.4.3

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-267 Draft new text for clarification on placeholder text a la 1.4.3.

<David> ?

<Joshue108> ISSUE-11

<trackbot> ISSUE-11 -- SCR2 and SCR20 seem to overlap, consider merging -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/11

<Joshue108> ACTION-260: ISSUE-11 -- SCR2 and SCR20 seem to overlap, consider merging -- open

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-260 Look into issue 11 kathleen.

<Joshue108> 16:13

<Joshue108> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/11

act 260 - Kathleen - not on call

<Joshue108> ACTION-252: Investigate accessibility support for h53

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-252 Investigate accessibility support for h53.

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/252

<Joshue108> ACTION-252: Josh to ping Wilco for update

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-252 Investigate accessibility support for h53.

<Joshue108> ACTION-267

<trackbot> ACTION-267 -- David MacDonald to Draft new text for clarification on placeholder text a la 1.4.3 -- due 2014-08-12 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/267

<Joshue108> ACTION-267: David still on it as of 16th Sept 2014

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-267 Draft new text for clarification on placeholder text a la 1.4.3.

<Joshue108> ACTION-264:

<trackbot> ACTION-264 -- David MacDonald to Open wiki page for captcha -- due 2014-07-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/actions/264

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Captcha_Alternatives_and_thoughts

<Joshue108> Looks great

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/track/issues/open

<Joshue108> ACTION-264: David adding the wiki link to our WCAG Next document

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-264 Open wiki page for captcha.

<AWK> CLOSE ACTION-264

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-264.

264 was closed by amending the wiki next document

<Joshue108> ACTION-260: Josh to ping Kathleen

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-260 Look into issue 11 kathleen.

<Joshue108> ACTION-247: Discussed on call Sept 16th, keep open

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-247 Work with kathy on increasing wg knowledge of how AT and IT work together..

<Joshue108> ACTION-246: Keep open

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-246 Work on codifying the logic used for technique test procedures.

<David> David: I've added the link to the WCAG next document

<Joshue108> ACTION-245: Josh to ping Shadi

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-245 Look up what the past survey was that indicated that pages could meet accessibility support requirements with different at for different parts of a page.

<Joshue108> ACTION-244: Keep open

<trackbot> Notes added to ACTION-244 Clarify how conformance requirements relate with sc and evalution methods..

Comments needing responses (Please pick two each)

<AWK> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comments_Needing_Responses

Comments needing responses

jon a. taking one (not on call)

<marcjohlic> I'll take 2960

David taking 2950

i'll take 2954

<Loretta> Not volunteering because I already did 2 and took them off the list. :-)

Kathy taking 2951

Michael: each comment should be checked against current version and status of the "complaint"

Draft of User Survey and TPAC planning for September 16th, 2014:

TPAC Planning

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/16th_Sept_2014/

re: Formatting of supporting docs - Awk deliberately used two kinds of formatting and we should decide what's better

<Joshue108> https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=kzSSzvx-o7ASHXEbMduEIQ

Mike: what are we going to do with the results of the survey?

Awk: not going to deprecate at this point, more to enlighten where we need to improve

David: page 7 of survey has very long question

Awk can move a sentence as lead question to fix the length problem

Awk: no headings in survey - limitation of the tool used to produce it. Paged survey should alleviate this. Other survey tools have their own problems. Is lack of headings, etc. a serious problem?

Sailesh: headings would help

David: how difficult would it to make the visual headers semantic?

<Joshue108> +q

Sailesh: "page 2 of ..." should be positioned differently

Joshua: all in all it's perceivable to AT, pros outweigh the con

James: can you add scripts to the survey page?

Awk: no

David: we'll get hit hard on the blogs because of the lack of headers, etc

Joshua: I'm ready to take the flack on this one if in the main it's working, which it looks like it is

Sailesh: is it possible to number the questions?

Awk: not everyone will see all the questions (depending on the answers

<Joshue108> +1 to the content and overall format from me

<marcjohlic> +1 content looks good

Awk: 2 questions - are people happy with the survey content and are interested in sending it out (assuming we could check out other tools)?

+1

<Brent> +1

Kathy: check which tool Shadi used

<Joshue108> ACTION: Josh to ping Shadi about the EvalWG tool [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/16-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-272 - Ping shadi about the evalwg tool [on Joshue O Connor - due 2014-09-23].

<Mike_Elledge> +1

<AWK> RESOLUTION: IF the survey was accessible AND the content is as it currently is (with suggested changes) AND other W3C groups are happy with the new, more accessible version then the WG is ok with distributing it.

Update on HTML5/ARIA TF call schedule

HTML5/ARIA tf meetings

Loretta: no meetings for a few months

James: main problem is getting agenda items

Awk: intersection between html5, aria, mobile techniques

Kathy: can roll in techniques if they are not on another list. We have people who are interested in writing but may not be able to attend meetings. A few techs ready for the group. Slow progress

+q

<Joshue108> AdamS: If the TF isn't meeting, and I want to write a technique what can I do?

<Joshue108> +q

<Joshue108> AdamS: Also is there a list of ARIA and HTML5 techs

<AWK> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Working_Group_Techniques_Development_Assignments

<Joshue108> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Techniques/HTML5

Joshua: should we merge all the techs into one big pile, one group doing them

Discussion on approaches to Mobile Technique development and existing techniques

<Kathy> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/Technique_Development_Assignments

Joshua: jon a. asked about taking existing techs and adapting them for mobile

<Joshue108> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/mobile-a11y-tf/wiki/G4

Kathy: need to clarify what we need to look for in the mobile techs in order to get group approval

Joshua: basically the mobile techs need to reference mobile dev and testing etc. and the language should be relevant to mobile, and its something which can be easily fixed

Sailesh: all techs might be relevant to mobile - so should have a mobile component to all techs describing the support for mobile

Kathy: and that's what we're doing

New EOWG Forms Tutorial

<Joshue108> https://w3c.github.io/wai-tutorials/forms/

<Mike_Elledge> bye all!

<Kenny> yes

<Joshue108> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Josh to ping Shadi about the EvalWG tool [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/09/16-wai-wcag-minutes.html#action01]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-09-16 16:30:26 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/wold/would/
Succeeded: s/slack on this one/flack on this one if in the main it's working, which it looks like it is/
Found Scribe: Adam
Found Scribe: Adam_solomon
Inferring ScribeNick: adam_solomon
Scribes: Adam, Adam_solomon
Default Present: Joshue, +1.617.766.aaaa, AWK, Michael_Cooper, +1.313.390.aabb, adam_solomon, Kenny, Mike_Elledge, Sailesh_Panchang, Marc_Johlic, +1.612.384.aacc, Brent, David_MacDonald, Loretta, Kathy_Wahlbin, James_Nurthen
Present: Joshue +1.617.766.aaaa AWK Michael_Cooper +1.313.390.aabb adam_solomon Kenny Mike_Elledge Sailesh_Panchang Marc_Johlic +1.612.384.aacc Brent David_MacDonald Loretta Kathy_Wahlbin James_Nurthen
Regrets: Alistair Barry Loretta Bruce
Found Date: 16 Sep 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/09/16-wai-wcag-minutes.html
People with action items: josh

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]