Protocols and Formats Working Group Teleconference
18 Dec 2013

See also: IRC log


Janina_Sajka, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Shane_McCarron, Gottfried, John_Foliot, Cynthia_Shelly
Janina Sajka


<trackbot> Date: 18 December 2013

<janina_> Meeting: PFWG telecon

<janina_> agenda: this

preview agenda with items from two minutes

<scribe> scribenick: ShaneM

Actions Review (Specs) http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/Group/track/actions/open

<MichaelC> close action-1300

<trackbot> Closed action-1300.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html#tr_LCWD

<MichaelC> XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 3.0

We dont need to review this one.

There is a pub moratorium starting tomorrow - so we won't have anything new before we meet again.

Community Groups Checkin http://www.w3.org/community/groups/

<MichaelC> Semantic Statistics CG

No ARIA issues forseen.

APIs Checkin

Placeholder for now. We are planning to talk with Simon Pieters about this.

<MichaelC> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-script-coord/

He is active on that list and might be a good resource.

ARIA: Updates, Timelines

everything is now in CR!

Spec and User Agent Guide are in CR and the director is aware that we expect a short CR period.

Testing is nearly complete. Some items are 'at risk' but we are hoping to get them resolved because we really want them.

Should be done toward the end of January.

Work has started on ARIA 1.1. Face to face in Toronto 23-25 January to get things kick started.

Some plan toward modularizing the documents to avoid duplication.

Need a clear plan in order to get buy-in.

scribe: discussion of agenda. but the two main items are scoping of 1.1 to ensure that we are done in concert with HTML 5.1 and organization of the ARIA documents.

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/meetings/2014-01-ftf

james thinks we should add agenda items on widget tie-ups because they are hard to support.

updating the best practices guide should also be on the agenad

PF is the best place to do the best practices guides.

(brief discussion of flight logistics for the f2f)

CSS Counters Response https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2013OctDec/0029.html

Lisa was going to have reviewed this. She is not here today.

Renaming PF https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-wai-pf/2013OctDec/0037.html

Group agreed on something last week (APA). Has not been presented to the CG yet.

PF Charter Update https://www.w3.org/2012/10/draft-pfwg-charter

Renaming the group is holding up the charter progress. No new information.

Resource Priorities http://www.w3.org/TR/resource-priorities/

ShaneM: The stuff we count on is embedded in the main data of the page. Additional resources are not really required for our purposes.

Cynthia: We could ask them to point out that a11y data should be in the main content. If it is not, then there should be a way to prioritize the aria data.

jamesn: They have a lazyloaded event. An iframe might cause a problem with things being lazy loaded.

janina: it is beginning to sound like we have some comments.
... let's bring it up for discussion here again and task someone to coordinate with then in January.

Touch Events CG http://www.w3.org/community/touchevents/#

We need to track this - is it in our matrix? and have we talked to CG about it?

Member Tracker & Public Bugzilla Discussion

The proposal was that we use bugzilla component to track ARIA issues.

But we already track public comments in the public comments tracker and our issues list.

MichaelC: tracker is designed around comment processing. It is better suited to our process.

cynthia: Bugzilla has a lot of metadata and categorization stuff.
... there are some other task and process management tools out there like JIRA. Can we look beyond bugzilla?

JF: couldn't we just set up bugzilla to forward to tracker?

janina: bugzilla is an awkward place to have conversations because people tend to use the comments feature to discuss.

cynthia: we need to solicit requirements before we make any change.

janina: it is a good time to look at this. 1.0 is done and 1.1 has not started.

cynthia: I dislike the w3c issue tracker. It is missing all the things that I like about issue tracking / bug resolving.
... part of the issue is that we are using too many different tools.

MichaelC: we have more experience with other tools than I though we did. Let's keep the discussion going and use the f2f as a way to get our thoughts coalesced.

janina: do we list out the tools we use on the PF page? With documentation pointers?

MichaelC: probably not complete.

janina: it should be migrated over

cynthia: MS has Team Foundation Server that might be good too.

<JF> by all

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013/12/18 18:03:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Januayr/January/
Found ScribeNick: ShaneM
Inferring Scribes: ShaneM
Default Present: Janina_Sajka, Michael_Cooper, James_Nurthen, Shane_McCarron, Gottfried, John_Foliot, Cynthia_Shelly
Present: Janina_Sajka Michael_Cooper James_Nurthen Shane_McCarron Gottfried John_Foliot Cynthia_Shelly
Found Date: 18 Dec 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/12/18-pf-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]