W3C

- DRAFT -

WebID Community Group Teleconference

22 Feb 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Bob_Powers, bblfish, +1.631.444.aaaa, deiu, TallTed, ebremer, scribe, scor
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
bblfish

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 22 February 2013

<ebremer> 444.aaaa is me

<ebremer> me

scribe bergi

Meeting Minutes from last time

http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-webid-minutes.html

make sure they are good

+1

Actions

ACTION-47?

<trackbot> ACTION-47 -- Henry Story to put forward 1 of the raised issued every 3 days approximately for discussion in view of closure -- due 2011-10-24 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/47

propose to close

+1

<bergi> bblfish: close this action because it's dated october 2011

<deiu> +1

<bergi> +1

close action-47

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-47 Put forward 1 of the raised issued every 3 days approximately for discussion in view of closure.

ACTION-42?

<trackbot> ACTION-42 -- Henry Story to write sparql query for ping back form http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/05/09/ -- due 2011-10-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/42

propose to close one too because it's out of date

+1

<deiu> +1

<bergi> +1

close Action-42: out of date and off topic

close Action-42, out of date and off topic

close Action-42 out of date and off topic

close Action-42

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-42 Write sparql query for ping back form http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/05/09/.

help?

<TallTed> trackbot, help

<trackbot> Please see <http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc> for help.

ACTION-43?

<trackbot> ACTION-43 -- Stéphane Corlosquet to send mail and add entry to wiki page for the state of Drupal WebID component, so that others can join and help out -- due 2011-10-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/43

ACTION-58?

<trackbot> ACTION-58 -- Henry Story to contact Nathan and see whether action-57 satisfies issue-18 -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/58

Issue-18

<trackbot> ISSUE-18 -- Transfer Protocol Independence -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/18

action-57?

<trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Andrei Sambra to remove redundant sections from https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html, based on content of https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html ; former doc to then become https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/auth-respec.html -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/57

ACTION-43?

<trackbot> ACTION-43 -- Stéphane Corlosquet to send mail and add entry to wiki page for the state of Drupal WebID component, so that others can join and help out -- due 2011-10-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/43

http://drupal.org/project/webid

<bergi> scorlosq: i can create a wiki page for drupal wiki project.

<bergi> scorlosq: more information in next weeks meeting

ACTION-58?

<trackbot> ACTION-58 -- Henry Story to contact Nathan and see whether action-57 satisfies issue-18 -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/58

<bergi> action-57 is about splitting the spec.

Action-57?

<trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Andrei Sambra to remove redundant sections from https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html, based on content of https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html ; former doc to then become https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/auth-respec.html -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/57

Issue-18?

<trackbot> ISSUE-18 -- Transfer Protocol Independence -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/18

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#publishing-the-webid-profile-document

<deiu> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#publishing-the-webid-profile-document

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#the-webid-protocol

<bergi> issue-18 is about authentication on services that use another protocol than http-tls.

<bergi> TallTed: for example: webid-tls could be also used via smtps

<bergi> TallTed: in the future a webid could use other protocols. that's the reason to split the spec.

ISSUES

ISSUE-6?

<trackbot> ISSUE-6 -- using ASN.1 formats for WebID description -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/6

Proposal: close or postpone. Currently we have enough with Turtle as the default representation. We don't exclude this as a representation that could be used, but it is not within our scope to define this.

<scorlosq> postpone?

<scorlosq> we can re-open it later

<deiu> I'd rather we close it, for the sake of easing the move to WG

<bergi> deiu: close the issue to keep the spec simple.

<bergi> +q

<bobP> choppy

<deiu> bergi: there is no point supporting a representation which is not linked data

<bergi> the grddl output is a webid, the asn.1 is something else which isn't covered by our spec

<scorlosq> I have updated the Drupal info at http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebID_Protocol_Implementations

postpone it

<deiu> +1

+1

<ebremer> +1

<bergi> TallTed: every issue must be reassigned if we create new products

<bergi> TallTed: s/reassigned/reviewed

ISSUE-23?

<trackbot> ISSUE-23 -- Authorized Representations and Dereferencing a WebID URI -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/23

Proposal: this seems to contain a number of issues. The part that says "the dereferencing process be well defined" seems relevant to current debates. See next ISSUE.

ISSUE-75?

<trackbot> ISSUE-75 -- dereferencing process must be well defined -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/75

<bergi> bblfish: issue-23 contains many issues. one of them was separated into issue-75.

<bergi> TallTed: http already covers dereferencing

ack

<ebremer> agrees with "http" already covers dereferencing

<bergi> bblfish: we should add a link to a document that describes dereferencing

<bergi> deiu: it's about to distinguish between uri of the document an the webid

<bergi> TallTed: we should change the description

action bblfish rewrite issue-75 to put it in terms of 2 URIs one naming the document and one naming the person

<trackbot> Created ACTION-62 - Rewrite issue-75 to put it in terms of 2 URIs one naming the document and one naming the person [on Henry Story - due 2013-03-01].

ISSUE-55?

<trackbot> ISSUE-55 -- explore WebID URI-schema openness -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/55

Propose moving Issue-55 to identity interoperability

<bergi> TallTed: the issue should be moved to the conceptual spec

+1

<TallTed> PROPOSAL: conceptually, "a WebID is a dereferenceable URI" (no scheme specificity). implementationally, it may be limited (e.g., HTTP for the currently drafting WebID-over-TLS)

<TallTed> PROPOSAL: recategorize ISSUE-55 to conceptual spec.

<bobP> :-)

+1

<TallTed> +1

<ebremer> +1

<bergi> +1

<deiu> +1

<scorlosq> +1

Resolved: recategorize ISSUE-55 to conceptual spec.

<TallTed> PROPOSED: resolve ISSUE-55 by saying in conceptual spec "a WebID is a dereferenceable URI" (no scheme specificity). each implementational spec may impose limits for that implementation (e.g., HTTP URI for the currently drafting WebID-over-TLS)

<ebremer> it would be fun to discuss ws:// and wss:// schemes but i would keep it limited to http

-1

<bergi> bblfish: the proposal is out of scope

<bergi> TallTed: doesn't agree

<bergi> deiu: this was voted some weeks ago

<deiu> -1

<TallTed> +1

<bergi> TallTed: the definition for http only urls belongs to the implementation spec

<bergi> TallTed: not into the conceptual spec

<bobP> I am <gently> +1 to what TallTed is saying

<bergi> deiu: we have to provide example if we are to generic

<deiu> bobP, so am I (conceptually), but the main goal is to push the move to WG.

<bobP> k

<TallTed> PROPOSAL: postpone issue-55 to WG

<bergi> can we add a note like "implementation specs may limit the allowed protocols." to the conceptual spec. in the implementation spec we add the http limitation. as there is currently only one implementation spec, only http urls are valid now.

<TallTed> +1 bergi

<TallTed> also +1 my proposal

+1

<deiu> +1

<bergi> +1

postpone issue-55

<TallTed> RESOLVED: issue-55 postponed until WG

meet next week?

+1

<bobP> +1

<bergi> +1

<deiu> +1

<deiu> re. what Timbl said: http://www.w3.org/2012/11/16-webid-minutes.html

bye

but that point about spdy is a good one

So I think we could open that as an issue

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-22 16:25:12 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: bblfish
Inferring Scribes: bblfish
Default Present: Bob_Powers, bblfish, +1.631.444.aaaa, deiu, TallTed, ebremer, scribe, scor
Present: Bob_Powers bblfish +1.631.444.aaaa deiu TallTed ebremer scribe scor
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2013Feb/0208.html

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 22 Feb 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/22-webid-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]