W3C

- DRAFT -

WebID Community Group Teleconference

08 Feb 2013

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Bob_Powers, bblfish, scor, TallTed, deiu
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
scorlosq

Contents


<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2001/12/zakim-irc-bot.html

<deiu> I'm afraid I can't participate with voice :(

<bblfish> trackbot, start telecon

<trackbot> Date: 08 February 2013

<bblfish> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webid/2013Feb/0044.html

<scribe> scribe: scorlosq

Meeting minutes from last time

<bblfish> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/01-webid-minutes.html

<bblfish> +1

+1

<bergi> +1

ACtions

<bblfish> Action-17

<trackbot> ACTION-17 -- Jeff Sayre to cross reference SocialWeb XG stories with WebID XG. There will be a handful of intersections that make sense to further develop -- due 2011-06-30 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/17

bblfish: last week we said the context has changed a lot

<bblfish> Does anybody want to take this on?

Zakim: scribe: scorlosq

<bblfish> otherwise we close it

<bblfish> I say we close it

<scribe> scribenick: scorlosq

<bblfish> +1

+1

<bergi> +1

<bblfish> close action-17

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-17 Cross reference SocialWeb XG stories with WebID XG. There will be a handful of intersections that make sense to further develop.

<bblfish> Action-41?

<trackbot> ACTION-41 -- Henry Story to research RDFa in HTML forms -- due 2011-10-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/41

bblfish: it was one of the first action I created
... so long ago, we can close it

scorlosq: RDFa doesn't cover forms, so we can close

<bblfish> close action-41

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-41 Research RDFa in HTML forms.

bblfish: are they going to cover forms in RDFa?

scorlosq: no, not in this version at least

<bblfish> action-39

<trackbot> ACTION-39 -- Dominik Tomaszuk to create rdfa version for EARL test ontology -- due 2011-09-19 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/39

<bblfish> dominik?

bblfish: it's nice to have, but we haven't made much progress on the EARL ontology
... so I think we can close that

<bblfish> also its just a very nice to have. Nothing esential

<bblfish> close action-39

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-39 create rdfa version for EARL test ontology.

<bblfish> Action-59?

<trackbot> ACTION-59 -- Andrei Sambra to adapt spec to results of vote -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/59

bblfish: this has been raising some issues on the list
... but I'd say deiu has done his work. the definition section has been adapted
... there are still other issues to be discussed, but not as part of this issue

<bblfish> vote to close this action

<bblfish> +1

<deiu> +1

+1

TallTed: the action doesn't reflect what deiu did in the spec. we should either create a new action to reflect what he did, or update the action to reflect what deiu did in the spec
... causes some misunderstanding

deiu: this note that caused arguments was already in the spec before I made the changes

TallTed: so this action should be rescoped to reflect what was done
... I know the note was there before, so the action "adapt the spec" needs to be updated.
... let's change the wording on this action, and create a new one to make sure the spec reflects the decision that was made

bblfish: I'm not convinced by the arguments put on the list

TallTed: the new definition needs to flow through the rest of the spec

bblfish: we should create an issue about that note

<TallTed> raise issue: revised WebID definition ("an HTTP(s) URI" without mention of hash) needs to be fully flowed through spec

bblfish: we need to cover the relation between the WebID URI and the profile document URI
... we have agreed to the definition, but we have more work to do now to refine that note
... the question of the new issue is how much do we say about the hash, 303s, and relation between documents

<deiu> bergi, try to write

<bblfish> scorlosquet: argues to close the action, and open a new issue to solve this new problem

<TallTed> 1. change action-59 to be accurate (change *definition*, not *spec*, to reflect decision)

<bergi> if we look at the arguments in the last questionnaire we can expect that we can remove also the note we are currently talking about.

+1

<deiu> +1

<TallTed> 2. I'll raise new issue based on the current thread

<bergi> alternative: move this note to the wiki?

<scribe> new title "Adapt definition within spec to the results of vote"

<bblfish> Action-59?

<trackbot> ACTION-59 -- Andrei Sambra to adapt definition within spec to the results of vote -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/59

<bblfish> close it?

+1

<bblfish> +1

<deiu> +1

<TallTed> PROPOSAL: close Action-59

<TallTed> +1

+1

<deiu> +

<bergi> +1

<TallTed> RESOLVED: close Action-59

<deiu> +1

<bblfish> +1

action has been closed

<trackbot> Error finding 'has'. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/users>.

<TallTed> action-59?

<trackbot> ACTION-59 -- Andrei Sambra to adapt definition within spec to the results of vote -- due 2013-02-08 -- CLOSED

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/59

bblfish: someone will create a new issue to follow up on the note

<bblfish> ACTION-57?

<trackbot> ACTION-57 -- Andrei Sambra to remove redundant sections from https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/index-respec.html, based on content of https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/identity-respec.html ; former doc to then become https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/WebID/raw-file/tip/spec/auth-respec.html -- due 2013-02-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/57

bblfish: this action was not worded properly, too vague

TallTed: the original respec doc has been split into document
... the stuff from identity gets removed from auth
... auth depends on identity

bblfish: it's a big task, not finished yet

TallTed: deiu will take care of the details

deiu: yes, it's a work in progress, depends on the current state of the identity spec
... maybe we should duplicate the definitions in both specs, they are not big

TallTed: if you duplicate them, say one is normative and the other is non normative and depends on the other doc

<bobP> +q

TallTed: duplicate content is a nightmare to keep in sync

deiu: we may have to adapt some images

bblfish: yes, like this big box which shows protected documents

<bobP> -q

<bblfish> ACTION 53?

<bblfish> ACTION-53?

<trackbot> ACTION-53 -- Andrei Sambra to create do open issue in database, and create page on security -- due 2013-02-01 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/actions/53

<bblfish> that is done right?

deiu: yes

bblfish: is it linked from the main page of the wiki so we don't lose the page?

deiu: I will do it now

<bblfish> close issue-53

<trackbot> Closed ISSUE-53 WebID and OpenId.

<bblfish> close Action-53

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-53 Create do open issue in database, and create page on security.

<bblfish> Issue-53?

<trackbot> ISSUE-53 -- WebID and OpenId -- closed

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/53

Issues

53 reopened

<bblfish> thanks

<bblfish> ISSUE-61: xsd datatypes

<trackbot> Notes added to ISSUE-61 xsd datatypes.

<bblfish> Issue-61?

<trackbot> ISSUE-61 -- xsd datatypes -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/61

<bblfish> this was solved a long a long time ago

<bblfish> Proposal: close issue

<bblfish> Proposal: close issue-61

<bblfish> +1

<bblfish> Proposal: close issue-61 - it was resolved a long time ago

<TallTed> +1

<bblfish> +1

+1

<bergi> +1

RESOLUTION: close issue-61 - it was resolved a long time ago

<bblfish> Resolved: close issue-61 - it was resolved a long time ago

<bblfish> ISSUE-50?

<trackbot> ISSUE-50 -- WebID deployments -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/50

<bblfish> ISSUE-49?

<trackbot> ISSUE-49 -- Keep a list of implementations of WebId up to date -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/49

TallTed: these issues are different

bblfish: these are part of the implementations we are meant to build
... my idea was to build a robot that would manually generate an implementation report

TallTed: the state of the art is an EARL generated report. it's up to implementers to generate the EARL output and submit this to the WebID group

bblfish: my idea was to build a robot that would go out on the web to collect statistics on WebID implementations

TallTed: deployments and implementations are completely different

scorlosq: is this a crawler?

bblfish: not really, when someone sets up a WebId server, they can register it with the robot, and the robot will test it

TallTed: this is blurring the line between implementations and deployments
... W3C doesn't test deployments... it only cares about test suite for particular implementations/softwares
... there should be an implementation report for conformance of WebID implementations

bblfish: here is an example of EARL report: http://rdfa.info/earl-reports/earl.html

TallTed: bblfish you should talk to people who have been in this position before

DAvid Booth

<TallTed> Guus also

bblfish: we might need to rename some of the issues or products

TallTed: I'll probably create new products and reassign each issue from the old products to the new products

<bobP> +1 good names are always important

<bblfish> ISSUE-66?

<trackbot> ISSUE-66 -- Microdata Support -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/66

TallTed: this is for TLS... it's how the consumer deals with what its gets, in my role as a webid client
... I may deal with a webid client in a minimum form

bblfish: we can also postpone it for another WG maybe
... we should first try to get a spec to get people going

TallTed: but we also don't want to write the simple spec saying that people have done more are not in line with the spec

bblfish: agreed

<bblfish> Proposal: postpone issue-66 because of lack of resources currently.

+1

<bblfish> +1

<bergi> +1

<TallTed> +1

<bblfish> Resolve: postpone issue-66 because of lack of resources currently.

<bblfish> ISSUE-10?

<trackbot> ISSUE-10 -- Hash URLs for Agents -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/10

<bobP> it's 2 years old!

TallTed: it's redundant

<bblfish> Proposal: ISSUE-10 close it's redundant

<bblfish> +1

<TallTed> +1

+1

<bergi> +1

<bblfish> ISSUE-55?

<trackbot> ISSUE-55 -- explore WebID URI-schema openness -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/55

<bobP> others, like mail etc?

<bblfish> Proposal: ISSUE-55 move to identity interoperability section

<bobP> +1

TallTed: by restricting WebID to HTTP/HTTPS only, we limit the possibilities of future work... browsers for example handle many schemes (or hand them to helper applications)

<bblfish> Propsal: close Issue-55 it's been resolved by the WebID definition.

<TallTed> -1

<bblfish> Proposal: close Issue-55 it's been resolved by the WebID definition.

<bblfish> +1

+1

<bergi> +1

<TallTed> -1

<bblfish> thanks very much all.

thanks everyone!

<bobP> thx!!

next call

next call in 2 weeks?

<bblfish> +1

+1

<bobP> +1

<bblfish> see you in two weeks

trackbot, end conference

<TallTed> hm. looks like more than permissions.

<TallTed> http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-webid-irc is there

<TallTed> bblfish - can you ping sysreq and ask what's going on?

<TallTed> WebID isn't in CommonScribe (which is the new fancy minutes generator) -- https://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/

<TallTed> and RRSAgent's output (old school minutes generation) isn't going where it says it is

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-02-08 16:43:41 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: scorlosq
Inferring ScribeNick: scorlosq
Found ScribeNick: scorlosq
Default Present: Bob_Powers, bblfish, scor, TallTed, deiu
Present: Bob_Powers bblfish scor TallTed deiu

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Feb 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/02/08-webid-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]