28 Feb 2012

See also: IRC log




I presume we'll do this in IRC like normal, unless someone objects

<plh> no objection

Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2012Feb/0011.html

<plh> but I'd love to catch up with you at some point btw

Tell Mike Smith thanks for setting up the websocket server(s)

<plh> sure

<plh> do we have any other request pending?

For the websocket server, it's two parts

One getting agreement (though no one seems to object using Jetty)

The other is actually getting 'modules' to run on the Jetty server

I think we want to have a process simalar to php scripts

Where one submits them to Hg, then asks the w3c team to review/ok before it gets deployed to the server

<plh> sure, that should be easy

I think we also would expect people to submit java source code and not 'jar' files so one could either update or modify it at another point in time

<plh> we could do thigns on file extensions

<plh> so it's only a metter of adding those extensions

<plh> matter

<plh> if you send Mike and me the list of file extensions to be added, we'll do so

<plh> then, I don't kjnow if the jetty server will need rebooting everytime we're deploying new code on it...

<plh> on getting consensus, this needs to be discussed on public-webapps-testsuite

<plh> and possibly asking Art to send a CfC or something

Yes - Art has already been sending emails, etc..

Let's switch back to HTML

Agenda Item #1 Bugs on Approved Tests

short url -> http://tinyurl.com/6mvghxx

No new bugs

<plh> we have a bunch of old bugs that are not getting addressed there

Note bug #15925 is valid

<plh> is Philipp Taylor still updating the canvas tests?

We 14 total, not too many (depending on your point of view)

<plh> ms2ger sent a patch for Philipp a while ago and never heard back

<plh> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=14191

<plh> should we apply the patch to our copy and move on?

Sounds like we should ping Philip and then update and move on

<plh> sounds good enough to me. can you ping Philipp?

yes I'll put this in the meeting notes

<plh> and I'm happy to apply the patch or maybe ms2ger will apply it himself

ms2ger follow the list so I'm sure he see the 'ask'

<plh> ok

Agenda Item #2 New Test Submissions

See -> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/shortlog

Areyh added a new assert to testharness.js http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/rev/70827aa55b90

<plh> argh, except that testharness.js moved...

<plh> alright, I'll take care of this one

Good call out to the 'notes'

<jgraham> plh: Can we delete it from the html repo and just make sure that w3-test keeps working?

<plh> sure

<plh> w3c-test should work just fine

or change it's contents to.....you are editing the wrong file see

<plh> James? you want to do the delete or should I do it?

<plh> I don't mind doing it

<plh> also, are you willing to add the new assert from Aryeh?

<jgraham> plh: You do it. And I reviewed Aryeh's change; it looks OK

<jgraham> (I don't like the design much but that is my fault not Aryeh's)

<plh> ok

Aharon Lanin has also submitted more bidi tests http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html/rev/a598fc124dbe

These tests are pretty intresting for two reasons...

They build on the CSS3 writitng mode spec http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-writing-modes/#unicode-bidi

Also the last time I looked no one passed the tests

<plh> ok. done with fixing testharness.js

and most browsers render the exact same

So we have some type of interop is just doesn't seem to align to the spec(s)

It maybe that indeed all browsers need to add this functionality in to support the css3 writing-mode spec and the parts that apply to the HTML5 spec

<jgraham> plh: Thanks

James have you still been super busy?

Perl can be intresting...

<plh> for archeologists? :)

One of my first software jobs was to rewrite ~15 pages of Perl....

<gsnedders> Perl is fine!

<gsnedders> Provided it's used for text processing…

<jgraham> By other people. Far away.

I was nice onve I was done..it was ~ 2 pages (not Perl's fault)

<jgraham> But anyway I am really expecting to be back on testsuite work in the next 1-2 weeks


Did you see the websocket threads?

If you object please ping the thread

Any other agenda items, or shall we adjourn?

<plh> ok to adjourn for me

<jgraham> The websocket thing looks fine. I am happy if we support both servers; it seems that the security issue with pywebsocket doesn't apply to the W3C configuration

Let's adjourn

<jgraham> And I know there are already websocket tests written against that


Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2012/02/28 16:51:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: krisk
Inferring Scribes: krisk

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: gsnedders https jgraham plh
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

WARNING: No meeting title found!
You should specify the meeting title like this:
<dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Got date from IRC log name: 28 Feb 2012
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/02/28-htmlt-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]