RDB2RDF Working Group Teleconference

08 Mar 2011


See also: IRC log


MacTed, mhausenblas, Ashok_Malhotra, +34.03.5.aaaa, soeren, Ivan, boris, dmcneil, Souri, alexdeleon, privera, nunolopes, Seema, EricP, juansequeda, cygri, +1.562.249.aabb, Marcelo, Marcello, Ted, Michael, Ashok, Soeren, Boris, David, Eric, Juan, Percy, Nuno, Alex_Deleon


<trackbot> Date: 08 March 2011

Yes, I will dial in in a few minutes ... on another call

<juansequeda> Marcelo and I are running a bit late. We will be on IRC and will dial in shortly

<scribe> scribenick: Ashok

<boris> hi

<boris> zackim, alexdeleon is with boris

1. Admin + PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see http://www.w3.org/2011/03/01-rdb2rdf-minutes.html

<mhausenblas> +1

Michael: Reminder for non-US participants -- next 2 telcons will be one hour earlier due to Daylight Savings Time

RESOLUTION: minutes for March 1 accepted

Michael: We would like to publish next revs of the WDs next week
... so let us discuss issues

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-27?

<trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- NULL graphColumn value producing triples in an unnamed graph -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/27

ISSUE-27 ... unnamed or default graph?

Souri ... yes, default graph

R2RML status

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-27 will be addressed by R2RML

Eric: Let us look closelt at SPARQL spec

<Seema> Ashok...for ISSUE-27, Souri means it to be "unnamed graph" not default graph

Issue-27 accepted

Thanks, Seema ... typing too fast :-)


<privera> Issue-24?

<trackbot> Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-24?

<trackbot> ISSUE-24 -- Clarify support for complex joinConditions -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/24

RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-27 and will be addressed by R2RML

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-24 will be addressed by R2RML

RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-24 and will be addressed by R2RML ... proposal accepted

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-22?

<trackbot> ISSUE-22 -- Support for database vendor specific SQL statements. -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/22


Souri: The statements are not parsed

Richard: What is a SQL string?
... We agree that vendor extension should be supported

<dmcneil> +q

<ericP> we don't necessarily undermine the utility of R2RML if we only define the behavior over SQL 2008

Richard: maybe say nothing about this ... depends on the implementation ... impl says what it supports

<ericP> that won't prevent folks who understand how it would behave from applying this to other dialects

Richard: You want an indication on the SQL-string saying it is not std SQL

<Souri> rr:SQLCompatibililty rr:Core2008 ?

<Souri> +1 to Richard

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-22, put a note into R2RML draft

<Souri> +1

<cygri> +1

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-22 Accepted ... editors will add note in the document

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-21?

<trackbot> ISSUE-21 -- Allow logical tables to be joined via either an inner or an outer join -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/21


<Souri> +1 to withdrawal

David: I'm happy to withdraw this issue

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-25?

<trackbot> ISSUE-25 -- Including direct mapping constructs in R2RML mappings -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/25


<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-25 and postpone

<cygri> +1

<Souri> +1

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-25 is opened

<Seema> +1

<mhausenblas> Michael: maybe related to ISSUE-5

<mhausenblas> Michael: R2RML editors please use ISSUE-25 to link to from the WD

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-26?

<trackbot> ISSUE-26 -- Producing triples in named graphs and the default graph -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/26


RESOLUTION: ISSUE-26 is opened

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-26, will be addressed in R2RML

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-28?

<trackbot> ISSUE-28 -- Clarify whether blank nodes are equivalent based on their identifier -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/28


Souri: Blank nodes are like local variables

<Souri> local to a graph, that is

Souri: I can clarify in the spec

<ivan> There are discussions on bnode scoping in the RDF WG right now... I think making this clear in the R2RML document would be good

Souri: we have a warning about blank nodes saying that blank nodes are local to a graph

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-28, not in R2RML but add TC

Richard: Can we gate a test cases for this

<cygri> +1

<ivan> +1

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-28 is opened. We need a test case.

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-29?

<trackbot> ISSUE-29 -- Require blank node and IRI identifier expressions to produce strings -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/29


Are URIs and blank node identifiers strings?

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-29, will be addressed in R2RML

Richard: We need to say something
... can we say it is always cast to a string

<dmcneil> +q

Souri: String version of column value is used ... user can specify differently

Eric: We can use SQL spec

<mhausenblas> ACTION: Eric to provide text for ISSUE-29 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-105 - Provide text for ISSUE-29 [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2011-03-15].

RESOLUTION: Issue-29 is opened


<mhausenblas> ISSUE-30?

<trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Different blank node identifier than was defined in mapping -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/30

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-30, write clarification in R2RML

<cygri> +1

RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-30, Editors to write clarification in R2RML

<Souri> not sure I understand, Richard could you write it please?

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-31?

<trackbot> ISSUE-31 -- Clarify reference to "blank node label" -- raised

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/31


David: Blank node label or identier

<cygri> good point

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-31, use 'blank node identifier" in R2RML

RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-31, use 'blank node identifier" in R2RML

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-5?

<trackbot> ISSUE-5 -- Default vs. direct mapping -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/5


<ericP> anyone have a copy of SQL 2009 ?

<Souri> +1 for closing it

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: close ISSUE-5

<ivan> +1

<Marcelo> +1

<privera> +!

<privera> +1

<juansequeda> +1 for closing

<MacTed> "default behavior is to use direct mapping..."

RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-5 ... use the term Direct Mapping

<mhausenblas> close ISSUE-5

<trackbot> ISSUE-5 Default vs. direct mapping closed

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-7?

<trackbot> ISSUE-7 -- Linked Data aspects for mapping RDB2RDF -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/7


<mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/LinkedDataAspects

<mhausenblas> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/wiki/Entity_disambiguation

Soeren: Let us keep this open

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Postpone ISSUE-7 and make notes in R2RML

<ericP> dmcneil, can you point me at the place in r2rml where we need to capture the lexical values of SQL values (re: ACTION-105)?

<mhausenblas> ACTION: Auer to review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-106 - Review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made [on Sören Auer - due 2011-03-15].

<dmcneil> ericP, and

Discussion about linked data aspect of generated artifacts

<ericP> tx, dmcneil

<dmcneil> ericP, also,, (it might make sense to have an umbrella statement that would cover all of these)

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-8?

<trackbot> ISSUE-8 -- Escaping “{” and “}” in templates -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/8

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-16?

<trackbot> ISSUE-16 -- Should we allow multiple subjects for a logical table row? Also, what if no subject is specified? -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/16

<mhausenblas> ISSUE-17?

<trackbot> ISSUE-17 -- R2RML Mapping of a database schema to a given ontology -- open

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/issues/17

Souri: ISSUE-8 is implemented

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: close ISSUE-16

<ivan> +1

<cygri> +1

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-16 is closed

<mhausenblas> PROPOSAL: Postpone ISSUE-17

RESOLUTION: ISSUE-17 is postponed

Direct Mapping

<mhausenblas> ACTION-102?

<trackbot> ACTION-102 -- Ted Thibodeau to sum up the possibilities for generating reliable URIs for DM (to avoid bNodes) on the Wiki -- due 2011-03-08 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/rdb2rdf/track/actions/102

<Souri> ISSUE-8 can be closed

<mhausenblas> close ISSUE-8

<trackbot> ISSUE-8 Escaping “{” and “}” in templates closed

Discussion on ACTION-102

<mhausenblas> [meeting adjourned]

ACTION-102 is ongoing we will discuss next week

<mhausenblas> trackbot, end telecon

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Auer to review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Eric to provide text for ISSUE-29 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-rdb2rdf-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/03/08 18:10:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/ISSUW/ISSUE/
Succeeded: s/identofiers/identifiers/
Succeeded: s/says/say/
Found ScribeNick: Ashok
Inferring Scribes: Ashok
Default Present: MacTed, mhausenblas, Ashok_Malhotra, +34.03.5.aaaa, soeren, Ivan, boris, dmcneil, Souri, alexdeleon, privera, nunolopes, Seema, EricP, juansequeda, cygri, +1.562.249.aabb, Marcelo
Present: MacTed mhausenblas Ashok_Malhotra +34.03.5.aaaa soeren Ivan boris dmcneil Souri alexdeleon privera nunolopes Seema EricP juansequeda cygri +1.562.249.aabb Marcelo Marcello Ted Michael Ashok Soeren Boris David Eric Juan Percy Nuno Alex_Deleon
Regrets: Alex
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdb2rdf-wg/2011Mar/0016.html
Found Date: 08 Mar 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/03/08-rdb2rdf-minutes.html
People with action items: auer eric

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]