IRC log of rdb2rdf on 2011-03-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:52:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdb2rdf
16:52:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:52:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
16:52:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdb2rdf
16:52:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7322733
16:52:32 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
16:52:33 [trackbot]
Meeting: RDB2RDF Working Group Teleconference
16:52:33 [trackbot]
Date: 08 March 2011
16:52:40 [mhausenblas]
16:52:45 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Michael
16:53:24 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:53:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
16:53:30 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:54:34 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, pick a victim
16:54:34 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I don't know what conference this is
16:55:54 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #rdb2rdf
16:56:16 [juansequeda]
juansequeda has joined #rdb2rdf
16:56:39 [Ashok]
Yes, I will dial in in a few minutes ... on another call
16:56:43 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Alex
16:58:02 [privera]
privera has joined #RDB2RDF
16:58:30 [juansequeda]
Marcelo and I are running a bit late. We will be on IRC and will dial in shortly
16:59:20 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has now started
16:59:27 [Zakim]
16:59:36 [Zakim]
16:59:39 [MacTed]
Zakim, OpenLink_Software is temporarily me
16:59:39 [Zakim]
+MacTed; got it
16:59:41 [dmcneil]
dmcneil has joined #RDB2RDF
16:59:42 [MacTed]
Zakim, mute me
16:59:42 [Zakim]
MacTed should now be muted
16:59:44 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, I am mhausenblas
16:59:44 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not see a party named 'mhausenblas'
16:59:48 [MacTed]
Zakim, who's here?
16:59:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MacTed (muted), cygri
16:59:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see dmcneil, privera, juansequeda, Ashok, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, betehess, ivan, MacTed, LeeF, cygri, ericP, trackbot
17:00:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, cygri is me
17:00:03 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
17:00:04 [soeren]
soeren has joined #RDB2RDF
17:00:26 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, pick a victim
17:00:26 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose mhausenblas
17:00:28 [Zakim]
17:00:39 [alexdeleon]
alexdeleon has joined #RDB2RDF
17:00:40 [boris]
boris has joined #rdb2rdf
17:00:49 [Zakim]
+ +34.03.5.aaaa
17:01:01 [soeren]
zakim, +aaaa is soeren
17:01:01 [Zakim]
sorry, soeren, I do not recognize a party named '+aaaa'
17:01:01 [Ashok]
scribenick: Ashok
17:01:06 [soeren]
zakim, aaaa is soeren
17:01:06 [Zakim]
+soeren; got it
17:01:12 [ivan]
zakim, dial ivan-voip
17:01:12 [Zakim]
ok, ivan; the call is being made
17:01:14 [Zakim]
17:01:24 [Zakim]
17:01:34 [boris]
17:01:47 [boris]
zackim, alexdeleon is with boris
17:02:10 [Souri]
Souri has joined #rdb2rdf
17:02:16 [Zakim]
17:02:24 [Seema]
Seema has joined #rdb2rdf
17:02:33 [Zakim]
17:02:39 [Zakim]
17:02:53 [boris]
zakim, alexdeleon is with boris
17:02:53 [Zakim]
+alexdeleon; got it
17:03:00 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P10 is privera
17:03:00 [Zakim]
+privera; got it
17:03:09 [privera]
zakim, mute me
17:03:09 [Zakim]
privera should now be muted
17:03:34 [nunolopes]
nunolopes has joined #RDB2RDF
17:03:42 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, nunolopes is with me
17:03:42 [Zakim]
+nunolopes; got it
17:03:58 [Zakim]
17:04:35 [Ashok]
Topic: 1. Admin + PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see
17:04:56 [ericP]
Zakim, please dial ericP-office
17:04:56 [Zakim]
ok, ericP; the call is being made
17:04:58 [Zakim]
17:05:12 [ivan]
zakim, mute me
17:05:12 [Zakim]
Ivan should now be muted
17:05:39 [mhausenblas]
17:05:45 [Ashok]
Michael: Reminder for non-US participants -- next 2 telcons will be one hour earlier due to Daylight Savings Time
17:06:11 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: minutes for March 1 accepted
17:06:45 [Ashok]
Michael: We would like to publish next revs of the WDs next week
17:07:08 [Ashok]
... so let us discuss issues
17:07:26 [mhausenblas]
17:07:26 [trackbot]
ISSUE-27 -- NULL graphColumn value producing triples in an unnamed graph -- raised
17:07:26 [trackbot]
17:07:31 [Ashok]
Topic: 1. Admin + PROPOSAL: Accept the minutes of last meeting, see
17:07:42 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:07:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
17:07:49 [Souri]
17:07:53 [boris_]
boris_ has joined #rdb2rdf
17:08:03 [mhausenblas]
ack Souri
17:08:03 [Ashok]
ISSUE-27 ... unnamed or default graph?
17:08:23 [Zakim]
17:08:39 [Ashok]
Souri ... yes, default graph
17:09:23 [MacTed]
Zakim, unmute me
17:09:23 [Zakim]
MacTed should no longer be muted
17:09:30 [mhausenblas]
Topic: R2RML status
17:09:51 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-27 will be addressed by R2RML
17:09:51 [Ashok]
Eric: Let us look closelt at SPARQL spec
17:10:09 [Seema]
Ashok...for ISSUE-27, Souri means it to be "unnamed graph" not default graph
17:10:26 [Ashok]
Issue-27 accepted
17:10:38 [cygri]
zakim, i'm with mhausenblas
17:10:38 [Zakim]
+cygri; got it
17:10:54 [Ashok]
Thanks, Seema ... typing too fast :-)
17:11:25 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-24
17:12:02 [privera]
17:12:02 [trackbot]
Sorry... I don't know anything about this channel
17:12:13 [mhausenblas]
17:12:14 [trackbot]
ISSUE-24 -- Clarify support for complex joinConditions -- raised
17:12:14 [trackbot]
17:12:22 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-27 and will be addressed by R2RML
17:12:28 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-24 will be addressed by R2RML
17:12:41 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-24 and will be addressed by R2RML ... proposal accepted
17:12:52 [mhausenblas]
17:12:53 [trackbot]
ISSUE-22 -- Support for database vendor specific SQL statements. -- raised
17:12:53 [trackbot]
17:12:56 [Ashok]
Topic: Issue-22
17:13:40 [Zakim]
17:14:41 [Zakim]
17:14:45 [cygri]
17:14:55 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
17:15:12 [Ashok]
Souri: The statements are not parsed
17:15:25 [Ashok]
Richard: What is a SQL string?
17:15:26 [privera]
Zakim, privera is IPcaller
17:15:26 [Zakim]
sorry, privera, I do not recognize a party named 'privera'
17:15:44 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, [IPcaller] is privera
17:15:44 [Zakim]
+privera; got it
17:16:10 [privera]
zakim, mute me
17:16:10 [Zakim]
privera should now be muted
17:16:26 [Ashok]
Richard: We agree that vendor extension should be supported
17:16:57 [dmcneil]
17:17:07 [ericP]
we don't necessarily undermine the utility of R2RML if we only define the behavior over SQL 2008
17:17:18 [mhausenblas]
ack dmcneil
17:17:28 [Ashok]
... maybe say nothing about this ... depends on the implementation ... impl says what it supports
17:17:30 [ericP]
that won't prevent folks who understand how it would behave from applying this to other dialects
17:17:38 [Souri]
17:17:44 [cygri]
17:17:49 [mhausenblas]
ack Souri
17:17:51 [mhausenblas]
17:18:46 [Ashok]
17:18:54 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
17:19:29 [mhausenblas]
ack Ashok
17:19:33 [Ashok]
Richard: You want an indication on the SQL-string saying it is not std SQL
17:19:41 [Souri]
rr:SQLCompatibililty rr:Core2008 ?
17:20:07 [Souri]
+1 to Richard
17:20:18 [ericP]
17:20:30 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-22, put a note into R2RML draft
17:20:38 [Souri]
17:20:43 [mhausenblas]
ack ericP
17:21:36 [cygri]
17:21:50 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-22 Accepted ... editors will add note in the document
17:21:51 [mhausenblas]
17:21:51 [trackbot]
ISSUE-21 -- Allow logical tables to be joined via either an inner or an outer join -- raised
17:21:51 [trackbot]
17:22:05 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUW-21
17:22:17 [Souri]
+1 to withdrawal
17:22:24 [ivan]
17:22:36 [Ashok]
David: I'm happy to withdraw this issue
17:22:57 [mhausenblas]
17:22:57 [trackbot]
ISSUE-25 -- Including direct mapping constructs in R2RML mappings -- raised
17:22:57 [trackbot]
17:22:58 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-25
17:23:45 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-25 and postpone
17:23:49 [cygri]
17:23:56 [Souri]
17:24:00 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-25 is opened
17:24:00 [Seema]
17:24:00 [boris]
boris has joined #rdb2rdf
17:24:31 [mhausenblas]
Michael: maybe related to ISSUE-5
17:25:11 [mhausenblas]
Michael: R2RML editors please use ISSUE-25 to link to from the WD
17:25:28 [mhausenblas]
17:25:28 [trackbot]
ISSUE-26 -- Producing triples in named graphs and the default graph -- raised
17:25:28 [trackbot]
17:25:35 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-26
17:25:46 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:25:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
17:26:40 [Marcelo]
Marcelo has joined #rdb2rdf
17:26:48 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:27:25 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-26 is opened
17:27:26 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-26, will be addressed in R2RML
17:27:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.562.249.aabb
17:27:59 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is Marcelo
17:27:59 [Zakim]
+Marcelo; got it
17:28:07 [Ashok]
present+: Marcello
17:28:31 [mhausenblas]
17:28:31 [trackbot]
ISSUE-28 -- Clarify whether blank nodes are equivalent based on their identifier -- raised
17:28:31 [trackbot]
17:28:32 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-28
17:28:39 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
17:28:39 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MacTed, mhausenblas, Ashok_Malhotra, soeren, Ivan (muted), boris, dmcneil, Souri, Seema, EricP, juansequeda, privera (muted), Marcelo
17:28:42 [Zakim]
boris has boris, alexdeleon
17:28:43 [Zakim]
mhausenblas has mhausenblas, nunolopes, cygri
17:28:45 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Marcelo, boris, nunolopes, Seema, Souri, alexdeleon, soeren, dmcneil, privera, juansequeda, Ashok, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, ivan, MacTed, LeeF, cygri, ericP,
17:28:47 [mhausenblas]
present+ Ted
17:28:48 [Zakim]
... trackbot
17:28:53 [mhausenblas]
present+ Michael
17:28:57 [Souri]
17:28:59 [mhausenblas]
present+ Ashok
17:29:09 [mhausenblas]
present+ Soeren
17:29:13 [mhausenblas]
present+ Ivan
17:29:16 [mhausenblas]
ack Souri
17:29:23 [mhausenblas]
present+ Boris
17:29:30 [mhausenblas]
present+ David
17:29:31 [mhausenblas]
present+ Souri
17:29:36 [mhausenblas]
present+ Seema
17:29:39 [mhausenblas]
present+ Eric
17:29:43 [mhausenblas]
present+ Juan
17:29:48 [mhausenblas]
present+ Percy
17:29:52 [cygri]
17:29:56 [mhausenblas]
ack cygri
17:30:22 [Souri]
17:30:23 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:30:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
17:30:53 [mhausenblas]
17:30:57 [mhausenblas]
ack Souri
17:31:19 [Ashok]
Souri: Blank nodes are like local variables
17:31:57 [Souri]
local to a graph, that is
17:32:26 [mhausenblas]
17:33:06 [mhausenblas]
present+ Nuno
17:33:19 [mhausenblas]
present+ Alex_Deleon
17:33:28 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
17:33:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
17:33:29 [Ashok]
Souri: I can clarify in the spec
17:34:36 [ivan]
There are discussions on bnode scoping in the RDF WG right now... I think making this clear in the R2RML document would be good
17:34:42 [Ashok]
... we have a warning about blank nodes saying that blank nodes are local to a graph
17:35:02 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-28, not in R2RML but add TC
17:35:08 [Ashok]
Richard: Can we gate a test cases for this
17:35:08 [cygri]
17:35:34 [ivan]
17:36:00 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-28 is opened. We need a test case.
17:36:13 [mhausenblas]
17:36:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-29 -- Require blank node and IRI identifier expressions to produce strings -- raised
17:36:13 [trackbot]
17:36:13 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-29
17:37:12 [Ashok]
Are URIs and blank node identofiers strings?
17:37:39 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-29, will be addressed in R2RML
17:37:40 [Ashok]
17:37:53 [Ashok]
Richard: We need to says something
17:37:59 [Ashok]
17:38:37 [Souri]
17:38:43 [mhausenblas]
ack Souri
17:38:54 [Ashok]
Richard: can we say it is always cast to a string
17:39:16 [dmcneil]
17:40:00 [Ashok]
Souri: String version of column value is used ... user can specify differently
17:40:04 [mhausenblas]
ack dmcneil
17:41:55 [Ashok]
Eric: We can use SQL spec
17:42:13 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Eric to provide text for ISSUE-29
17:42:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-105 - Provide text for ISSUE-29 [on Eric Prud'hommeaux - due 2011-03-15].
17:42:33 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Issue-29 is opened
17:43:03 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-30
17:43:04 [mhausenblas]
17:43:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-30 -- Different blank node identifier than was defined in mapping -- raised
17:43:06 [trackbot]
17:43:48 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-30, write clarification in R2RML
17:45:15 [cygri]
17:45:33 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-30, Editors to write clarification in R2RML
17:45:36 [Souri]
not sure I understand, Richard could you write it please?
17:45:43 [mhausenblas]
17:45:43 [trackbot]
ISSUE-31 -- Clarify reference to "blank node label" -- raised
17:45:43 [trackbot]
17:45:48 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-31
17:46:12 [Ashok]
David: Blank node label or identier
17:46:17 [cygri]
good point
17:46:17 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Accept ISSUE-31, use 'blank node identifier" in R2RML
17:46:23 [betehess]
betehess has joined #RDB2RDF
17:46:46 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Accept ISSUE-31, use 'blank node identifier" in R2RML
17:46:58 [mhausenblas]
17:46:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-5 -- Default vs. direct mapping -- open
17:46:58 [trackbot]
17:47:04 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-5
17:47:40 [ericP]
anyone have a copy of SQL 2009 ?
17:48:09 [Souri]
+1 for closing it
17:48:12 [mhausenblas]
17:48:20 [ivan]
17:48:23 [Marcelo]
17:48:25 [privera]
17:48:28 [privera]
17:48:33 [juansequeda]
+1 for closing
17:48:56 [MacTed]
"default behavior is to use direct mapping..."
17:49:11 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: Close ISSUE-5 ... use the term Direct Mapping
17:49:16 [mhausenblas]
close ISSUE-5
17:49:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-5 Default vs. direct mapping closed
17:49:23 [mhausenblas]
17:49:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-7 -- Linked Data aspects for mapping RDB2RDF -- open
17:49:23 [trackbot]
17:49:30 [Ashok]
Topic: ISSUE-7
17:51:07 [mhausenblas]
17:51:19 [mhausenblas]
17:52:25 [Ashok]
Soeren: Let us keep this open
17:53:09 [mhausenblas]
PROPOSAL: Postpone ISSUE-7 and make notes in R2RML
17:55:21 [ericP]
dmcneil, can you point me at the place in r2rml where we need to capture the lexical values of SQL values (re: ACTION-105)?
17:56:32 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Auer to review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made
17:56:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-106 - Review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made [on Sören Auer - due 2011-03-15].
17:57:31 [dmcneil]
ericP, and
17:58:31 [Ashok]
Discussion about linked data aspect of generated artifacts
17:58:48 [ericP]
tx, dmcneil
17:59:31 [dmcneil]
ericP, also,, (it might make sense to have an umbrella statement that would cover all of these)
18:00:40 [mhausenblas]
18:00:40 [trackbot]
ISSUE-8 -- Escaping “{” and “}” in templates -- open
18:00:40 [trackbot]
18:00:49 [mhausenblas]
18:00:49 [trackbot]
ISSUE-16 -- Should we allow multiple subjects for a logical table row? Also, what if no subject is specified? -- open
18:00:49 [trackbot]
18:00:58 [mhausenblas]
18:00:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-17 -- R2RML Mapping of a database schema to a given ontology -- open
18:00:58 [trackbot]
18:00:58 [Ashok]
Souri: ISSUE-8 is implemented
18:01:07 [Zakim]
18:01:08 [ivan]
18:01:29 [mhausenblas]
18:01:51 [ivan]
ack ivan
18:01:54 [mhausenblas]
ack ivan
18:02:24 [mhausenblas]
18:02:35 [ivan]
18:02:38 [cygri]
18:02:45 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-16 is closed
18:03:21 [mhausenblas]
18:04:21 [Ashok]
RESOLUTION: ISSUE-17 is postponed
18:04:58 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Direct Mapping
18:05:01 [mhausenblas]
18:05:02 [trackbot]
ACTION-102 -- Ted Thibodeau to sum up the possibilities for generating reliable URIs for DM (to avoid bNodes) on the Wiki -- due 2011-03-08 -- OPEN
18:05:02 [trackbot]
18:05:16 [Souri]
ISSUE-8 can be closed
18:06:20 [mhausenblas]
close ISSUE-8
18:06:20 [trackbot]
ISSUE-8 Escaping “{” and “}” in templates closed
18:07:08 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
18:07:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
18:07:56 [Zakim]
18:08:05 [juansequeda]
18:08:32 [mhausenblas]
ack juansequeda
18:09:00 [Ashok]
Discussion on ACTION-102
18:09:30 [Zakim]
18:09:32 [Zakim]
18:09:34 [Zakim]
18:09:36 [Zakim]
18:09:39 [mhausenblas]
[meeting adjourned]
18:09:40 [Ashok]
ACTION-102 is ongoing we will discuss next week
18:09:42 [Zakim]
18:09:42 [ivan]
zakim, drop me
18:09:43 [Zakim]
Ivan is being disconnected
18:09:43 [Zakim]
18:09:50 [Zakim]
18:09:59 [Zakim]
18:10:01 [Zakim]
18:10:03 [Zakim]
18:10:04 [Zakim]
18:10:04 [Zakim]
SW_RDB2RDF()12:00PM has ended
18:10:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were MacTed, mhausenblas, Ashok_Malhotra, +34.03.5.aaaa, soeren, Ivan, boris, dmcneil, Souri, alexdeleon, privera, nunolopes, Seema, EricP, juansequeda, cygri,
18:10:08 [Zakim]
... +1.562.249.aabb, Marcelo
18:10:20 [Ashok]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:10:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Ashok
18:10:23 [mhausenblas]
trackbot, end telecon
18:10:23 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
18:10:23 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot, I don't know what conference this is
18:10:24 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
18:10:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate trackbot
18:10:25 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
18:10:25 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
18:10:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Eric to provide text for ISSUE-29 [1]
18:10:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
18:10:25 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Auer to review R2RML draft and tell editors where notes should be made [2]
18:10:25 [RRSAgent]
recorded in