CSS WG Blog
Minutes Paris F2F Sept. 2013 Part III: Mas…
Minutes Paris F2F Sept. 2013 Part III: Masking, Display Tree or DOM, Flexbox, Color Module, Charter, Ruby, Text, Writing Modes, Animations
CSS Masking – Review Request
- Resolved: The WG will review Masking LC transition on the 10/9 telcon
Any interest in working out selection/editing based on display tree rather than DOM?
- Though some interest was expressed, it was deemed currently not enough to proceed to an ED
- Resolved: Use 2-pass algorithm to resolve % height children of flex stretched items pending dholbert’s feedback.
- Resolved: Proposed issue-1 edits are approved.
- Resolved: Add ChrisL as co-editor on CSS4 color
- Resolved: Pull in SVG2 color section into CSS4 color
rgba() will accent
number rather than
- Resolved: Allow
angle in place of
number for hues
- Resolved: Accept
- Resolved: Accept rgba hex colors
- Resolved: No change to number of arguments to rgb/hsl
- Resolved: Add
color-correction property to CSS4 color draft, with issue about the problem it’s trying to solve and consideration that it might not be the right solution.
- There was discussion about how to handle timelines for specs as a part of the rechartering process.
- The group also discussed possible alterations and alternatives to the current charter model that may better fit the process of the WG.
- It was decided that the chairs, plinss and glazou, would draw up a list of priorities from existing WG documentation and submit it to the WG for review and approval before inclusion in the charter documentation.
- The new proposal for CSS Ruby was discussed section by section. The WG had several questions and concerns about most sections, but decided to move to Working Draft after fantasai added some text clarifying the intention of the
- Resolved: Publish fantasai’s CSS Ruby draft as a Working Draft.
letter-spacing: length doesn’t restrict justification.
text-justify:inter-word; disables inter-letter justification.
letter-spacing:normal; computes to 0.
- Resolved: Spec the dependence of
text-align:justify and mark issue for feedback on shorthanding vs. not.
- Resolved: Drop minimum/optimum/maximum values for word-spacing.
- Resolved: Keep
text-align: start end in, add an issue about naming, and mark it at risk.
- Resolved: Take css3-text to last call pending resolving issues from jdaggett.
- Koji found a difficulty from the decisions made regarding
tcy and writing modes yesterday.
- Resolved: Drop digits 1
- Resolved: css3-writing-modes to Last Call when edits agreed in this meeting are completed.
- dbaron brought the group up to speed on the changes he had made to the spec.
- The order in which events will fire and boundary points were of particular concern, but it was decided that an e-mail conversation and testing were the best way to answer the outstanding questions.
« Previous article
Next article »