Minutes Tucson F2F: Paged Media, Flexbox, Regions, Top Layer Positioning
Paged Media Level 4
- Resolved: Zero-length boxes stay at end of earlier line unless line is already overflowing, in which case they wrap. (Issue 1)
- Resolved: Flex line’s cross size is floored at zero. (Issue 2)
- Opened issue on percentage margins on flex items. (Issue 16)
- Resolved: Flex items’ cross size to be definite when stretched to fit definite size. (Issue 3)
- Resolved: Defer additional spacing controls to Level 2 (Issue 4)
- Resolved: Proposed handling of stretched items with intrinsic aspect ratio is accepted. (Issue 8)
- Resolved: Tab’s message is adopted as WG response for Issue 9.
- Resolved: Flex items can have negative outer size; no clamping to zero. (Issue 10)
::first-letter don’t apply to flex containers. Could revisit later if this is in high demand. (Issue 13)
- Resolved: (Issue 15)
overflow applies to flex containers
- Regions polyfill (limited functionality, limited perf) available for experimentation.
- Discussed use of Web Components for region-based templating and linking them to the document via CSS.
Top Layer Positioning
Discussed top layer positioning (as used for fullscreen) and how it can be accessed via CSS. Seems that nobody’s really clear on exactly how it’s supposed to work wrt positioning and scrolling behavior [?] and more investigation is needed on what the “magic” requirements of HTML5 actually should be.
« Previous article
Next article »