CSS WG Blog
Minutes Tucson F2F: Text Decoration, Writi…
Minutes Tucson F2F: Text Decoration, Writing Modes, Text, Fonts
- Resolved: Don’t drop
- Resolved: Not (currently at least) doing the
- Other issues awaiting i18n input. See Disposition of Comments.
- Reviewed updated wording for case-sensitivity of font name matching.
- Discussed use of OpenType language tags.
- Discussed use of OpenType script tags.
- Discussed italic synthesis in vertical writing -> open issue.
- Resolved: Publish updated WD of CSS3 Fonts.
- Plan for 6-week LC after this next WD cycle.
Full minutes: Part I, Part II
- Discussed interaction of word-break and line-break.
- Wordsmithed line-break definitions
- Resolved: Strike the two sentences “Support for this property is optional. It is recommended for UAs that wish to support CJK typography and strongly recommended for UAs in the Japanese market.”
- Resolved: (1) do language-specific justification; (2) and there are 4 values to
auto includes inter-ideographic behavior
- Plan to drop min/max values from letter-spacing, only have one value for tracking.
- Need some plan to resolve conflict between
- Having ability to turn off letterspacing from justification. (Needed for German)
- Having ability to combine tracking and letterspacing. (Useful in CJK, possibly needed by legacy Japanese docs using
text-justify: ideographic; letter-spacing: 0.)
- Plan to defer
text-align: <string> to L4.
« Previous article
Next article »