Minutes and Resolutions Paris F2F 2012: Errata for CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders, CSS2.1, and Media Queries
Backgrounds and Borders Level 3
- Resolved: Accept the proposed text for bidi splits and box-decoration-break (making it optionally applied to bidi splits)
- Resolved: Accept the proposed text for corner transitions (making it more undefined within certain limits).
- Resolved: Default color of box-shadows is value of
- Resolved: Accept proposed text defining a default object size for determining
border-image slice positions to be the border image area.
- Resolved: Accept proposed values of “Animatable” field for all CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders properties.
- Resolved: Republish Backgrounds and Borders CR as LCWD in order to errata it. Include an explanation of why we’re publishing a WD—that it’s still a CR-level draft, we just need to make errata. (The W3C process doesn’t allow for errata in CR.)
- Discussed some gnarly margin-collapsing issues in CSS2.1
- Proposed that root element does not establish a BFC, but participates in one established by the ICB; resolution pending review. (Bug 15702)
- Discussed interaction of scrollbars with box model and whether spec prose requires fixing. (Bug 15880)
- Resolved: For percent heights inside auto heights, change “The value computes to
auto” to “The value is treated as
auto for the purpose of calculating the used value” and fix the Computed Value line accordingly. (Bug 153992)
Full minutes: Part I, Part II
Media Queries Level 3
resolution media query uses CSS units.
- In section 4.11 (
resolution), append after the first paragraph “For printers, this corresponds to the screening resolution (the resolution for printing dots of arbitrary color).”
« Previous article
Next article »