Minutes and Resolutions Tokyo F2F Thurs: Page-breaking, GCPM, Image-resolution, Multicol
- Resolved: Add page selector grouping to CSS3 Page as at-risk feature, if Melinda objects make it a note that we will add it in the future.
- Resolved: If page-break-before, page-break-after, or use of named page forces a page break, then the margin top is preserved after the break.
margin-break: [ auto | discard | keep ] to control margin-before at page-breaks. auto is behavior described above. Can add second value to control margin-after (defaults to discard).
page-break-before, page-break-after: column to force column breaks, other values apply to column breaking as well as pages.
- Resolved: Håkon to clearly distinguish GCPM features that are moving forward, then propose publishing a new WD.
- Resolved: New syntax is
image-resolution: normal | [ <dpi> || auto ] Rationale: Removes unused combinations and unnecessary comma.
- Resolved: Replace
image-resolution: auto with
image-resolution: from-image. Rationale:
normal is hard to understand. (‘normal’ is 1 pixel == 1px).
- Resolved: URLs inside functional notation where URL is expected should be able to take either url() or bare strings (like @import), preference for examples is bare strings.
- Discussed removing ‘background-image-resolution’ in favor of various options. So far idea is that
image-resolution applies to all images and we will introduce functional notation in the future to allow setting resolution on a per-image basis.
- Håkon to prepare CSS Multicolumn Layout for Last Call publication; expecting a long (8 weeks) LC period to elicit comments and clarifications.
- Margins of multicol element no longer collapse with first/last children.
« Previous article
Next article »