Minutes and Resolutions Tokyo F2F Wed: Media Queries, Paged Media, and Japanese Layout
- Resolved: Keep
device-aspect-ratio in Media Queries, no changes to syntax.
- Resolved: To fix malformed grammar in Media Queries, Anne may choose to either define a grammar for MQ or resolve the differences with the global grammar.
- Discussion of Kihon Hanmen and what it means (seek “kihon hanmen” in the minutes)
- Resolved: The
height properties apply to the page box, follow rules in CSS2.1:10 wrt calculating margins. This behavior is at-risk.Rationale: Japanese layout requires setting the page area size, then using auto margins to position the box on the paper.
- Resolved: @page inherits from the root. Because this was not defined in the previous CR, conformant implementations may instead use the initial value.
Also had a joint meeting with part of the Japanese Layout Task Force (see JLREQ. Discussed various tricky issues that will feed into various CSS drafts, including:
- Effect of ruby on line-height
- Japanese line breaking rules and their variation
- Brief interchange on justification
- Using ‘letter-spacing’ for tracking and tsumegumi
- punctuation-trim, fonts, and fullwidth/halfwidth identities of punctuation
- Glyphs and implementation of text-emphasis dots
- Hanging punctuation
Full minutes of joint meeting
« Previous article
Next article »