CSS WG Blog
As I mentioned before, the CSS Working Group has adopted a policy of posting an
unattributed summary of the resolutions and rationale for each decision to www-style. Richard Ishida recently suggested I also post these to the weblog, so as a start, here’s a blacklog for the past few telecons.
- The Markus Principle: In CSS3, if a behavior cannot be mandated due to practical constraints, we will at least define a preferred behavior
- We will not add xml-stylesheet to the CSS Mobile Profile 1.0 to match the OMA profile as it is out-of-scope for CSS.
- We agreed to publish new working drafts of CSS3 Box Module and CSS3 Advanced Layout.
- We will set up a directory on www.w3.org for editor’s drafts, where the spec editor can publish unofficial working drafts in between official ones.
- Future publications of CSS modules will conform to the names in the table at the top of the current work page with the addition of the word “Module”, e.g. “CSS Foo Module” or “CSS Foo Module Level 3″ for modules that have predecessors in CSS1/2.
- We also discussed Media Queries this week, but as Håkon was absent, we did not adopt any formal resolutions.
- Talked about Media Queries, but decided we want more information on use cases and also we need a better idea of how to deal with ratios and rounding since 4/3 devices might not be exactly 4/3 etc.
- Talked about rotation, expect more on that from Steve Zilles.
- CSS Validator should use no special profile by default: the default should be to include all features defined in a CR level draft.
- Media Queries shall
in addition to
, both with the same
portrait as stand-alone keywords
- mark both
device-aspect-ratio as at-risk for removal during the CR period
- To handle non-square pixels in Media Queries, the fantasai’s wording proposal was accepted.
- Media Queries shall not include any normative requirements on re-evaluating media queries in responses to changes in the environment, but shall include a note explaining that a UA is expected to re-evaluate and re-layout the page in response to viewport resizing.
- Discussed publishing new Grid Layout proposal.
- Discussed splitting GCPM into more coherent modules. Håkon doesn’t expects many features there to move to other drafts or be dropped, but thinks there will still be some print-centric features that stay.
- Discussed CSS Validator features, HTML upload capability was suggested.
- Discussed topics for upcoming F2F (2 weeks from now).
« Previous article
Next article »