Resources on Alternative Text for Images
- W3C WAI
- Practical guidance for creating useful alt attribute
content for images, including references to relevant WCAG 2.0
Success Criteria and techniques, longdesc and WAI-ARIA information.
- The tutorial includes a simple
decision tree, an easy to use algorithm for determining the
most appropriate alternative text for any given context.
Understanding Success Criteria 1.1.1 (Non-text Content)
- WCAG 2.0 requirements for alternative text that includes techniques
for meeting this Success Criteria.
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 is a comprehensive
set of recommendations for making content accessible to a broad range
of people with disabilities. Guideline 1.1.1 covers the accessibility of all
Non-text Content, including images, form controls, media and
How to Meet WCAG 2.0 - Text alternatives
- A quick reference guide to satisfying the requirements of WCAG 2.0
as it applies to text alternatives.
How to Meet WCAG 2.0 document is a useful tool for systematically
verifying that your document satisfies WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria.
HTML5 - 18.104.22.168 Requirements for providing text to act as an alternative for images
- The section of the HTML5 specification that addresses the authoring
of useful alt attribute content.
- Designed to address the immediate needs of web authors who primarily refer to
technical specifications for guidance.