ISSUE-27: Relation between width of 'border-image' and 'border-width'
border image width
Relation between width of 'border-image' and 'border-width'
- CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
- Raised by:
- Bert Bos
- Opened on:
- The current draft says that 'border-width' can have an optional set of values to set the width of the borders, overriding 'border-width'.
Another option is that those values set the width of the border images, but do not influence the width of the border and thus also not of the element. If the image border is wider than 'border-width', the images extend inwards, overlapping the padding and the content.
A problem is that the border image may then be wider than the element.
An advantage is that old (pre-levelÂ 3) UAs can be given a different size border from new UAs.
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- [CSSWG] Minutes Sophia-Antipolis F2F 2014-09-10 Part III: Flexbox (from email@example.com on 2014-10-15)
- Re: [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 2012-03-21 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-03-21)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telecon 2012-03-21 (from email@example.com on 2012-03-21)
- ISSUE-27 (border image width): Relation between width of 'border-image' and 'border-width' [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2008-04-04)
Closed no change.Elika Etemad, 11 Aug 2008, 10:06:36
Display change log