ISSUE-25: Comma-separated values for 'border'
Comma-separated values for 'border'
- CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
- Raised by:
- Bert Bos
- Opened on:
- Every once in a while, somebody asks for multiple borders per element. The '::outside'' pseudo-element of Generated Content doesn't cascade well and the image borders of 'border-image' don't allow system colors. Giorgio Liscio (in private e-mail) suggested multiple, comma-separated values for 'border' and 'padding', similar to the multiple background values. How important is this? Is it rare enough that we can leave it to XSLT or XBL instead?
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2014-03-19 (from email@example.com on 2014-03-19)
- Re: Agenda item request: CSS 3 UI nav-* (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-11-27)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2012-07-04 (from email@example.com on 2012-07-04)
- [css3-values] Disposition of Comments, remaining issues, and moving to CR (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-06-28)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions 2012-06-27 (from email@example.com on 2012-06-27)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Telcon 2012-05-02 [CORRECTED] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-05-06)
- Re: reconstructed minutes (please verify) (from email@example.com on 2012-05-04)
- reconstructed minutes (please verify) (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-05-03)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and resolutions telcon 2012-05-02 (from email@example.com on 2012-05-02)
- [css3-background] Issues and Proposed Resolutions (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2008-05-13)
- backgrounds and borders open issues (from email@example.com on 2008-05-13)
- ISSUE-25 (multiple borders): Comma-separated values for 'border' [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2008-04-04)
Rejected for CSS3 http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2008/06/09/resolutions_28Elika Etemad, 14 Aug 2008, 17:36:06
Display change log