ISSUE-15: Clip the 'background-color'?
clip bg color
Clip the 'background-color'?
- CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders
- Raised by:
- Bert Bos
- Opened on:
- Is there a need to sometimes clip the background color to the padding box? By default it extends to the edge of the border box.
Elika and Bert decided that, if we have multiple 'background-clip' values (see ISSUE-14 http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/14), then we should make the last (bottommost) one apply to the bottommost image *and* the background color. See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-css-wg/2008JanMar/0153.html
But probably not to the fallback color, see ISSUE-5 http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Tracker/issues/5).
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- Re: [css-masking] editorial changes - spec update (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-12-12)
- [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2013-05-15 (from email@example.com on 2013-05-15)
- [CSSWG] Minutes Telecon 2013-05-08 (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2013-05-08)
- [CSSWG] Minutes Tucson F2F 2013-02-14 Tue AM I: Paged Media 4, Flexbox (from email@example.com on 2013-02-14)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Hamburg F2F 2012-05-11 Part V: Line Layout, Values and Units (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2012-05-15)
- Re: Issue 158 proposed text (from email@example.com on 2010-06-28)
- [css3-background] Issues and Proposed Resolutions (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2008-05-13)
- ISSUE-15 (clip bg color): Clip the 'background-color'? [CSS3 Backgrounds and Borders] (from email@example.com on 2008-04-04)
Elika and Bert concluded that the fallback color should *also* be clipped, exactly like the normal color.Bert Bos, 12 May 2008, 17:23:24
Display change log