Re: issue pfps-17,18,19,20,21 namespace v vocabulary

Brian McBride wrote:

> Regarding issues:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-17
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-18
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-19
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-20
> http://www.w3.org /2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#pfps-21
>
> PROPOSE, as suggested by Patrick
>
> That the term 'namespace' be used when referring specifically to an XML
> namespace, and that the term 'vocabulary' be used when referring to the
> set of URIREF's defined by RDF and RDFS.

This principle is fine with me, but I suggest an amendment that says we
use the term "vocabulary" when we're referring to sets of URIrefs
defined by anybody for use in RDF triples, e.g. I'd talk about
"example.com's vocabulary" in the Primer (and in RDF/XML we use the XML
namespace mechanism to construct those URIrefs).

--Frank