Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

27 Sep 2017

See also: IRC log


Joanmarie_Diggs, Léonie, MichaelC, janina


<janina> /me Coming up ...

<scribe> scribe: Léonie

preview agenda with items from two minutes

JS: Any additions to the agenda?
... Hearing none. Any news?

TPAC 2017 Planning

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2017

MC: Please register.
... You must register if you attend in person.
... Early registration rate closes next week.
... Hotel reservations are already difficult to come by.

JS: Going over the notes on our TPAC page.
... I presume CSS will look kindly on our request to meet.
... Also presume we'll need to prep ahead of that meeting.
... Want to make sure anything we present is done efficiently.
... Terse summaries to maximise our time with the CSS WG.
... Co-ordination with ARIA and WebPlat on Input Events.
... Also the discussion about AOM.

JMD: Suggest different topics.

LW: The Editing TF meets on Tuesday, and Web Components on Friday.
... Meeting planned with ARIA for 11am on Friday already.


LW: Please post a comment to request time on that agenda.
... Our three agendas are found on the WebPlat repo as #93, #94, and #95.

JS: Tuesday is ok for Input Events for APA.
... The RQTF has been working away.
... We sent questions to Web Auth. We haven't received answers though.
... We hope to meet with them at TPAC to discuss.
... If ARIA has items to discuss with Web Auth we could join up.

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Sep/0003.html

JMD: We're looking for a joint meting slot?

JS: Yes, at a time that suits people dialling in from Western Australia.

JMD: Need to give this some thought.
... We also have the joint TFs to consider.
... When you know the time of the RQTF/Web Auth meeting, let me know and we'll attend if we can.

JS: Ok.
... Will be looking at version 2 of the Turing paper.
... The RQTF has been looking at this.
... RQTF is also looking at WebVR.
... The WebVR WG will not meet at TPAC though.
... The RQTF is putting together some questions.
... We will invite any WebVR people at TPAC to attend our meeting if they wish.
... WebVR meets in December in Brussels.
... Would be good to send someone from APA/RQTF if possible.
... We should have a Coga TF check in.
... Is there too much happening in AG WG to make a joint meeting possible?

MC: We might as well try.
... There will be discussion about new SCs, so representation from the various AG WG TFs seems likely.

JS: Web Payments.
... Not sure what to do with this, but think we need to do something.
... Will continue to try and get hold of Katie.

MC: Katie is active on some things now.
... One of their specs went to CR last week.
... There is clearly work happening, and happening without us.

LW: Has Shane been active in Web Payments?

JMD: I know Shane is very busy ATM.

LW: If he's active there it means we have accessibility knowledge at source.

JS: The rest of my topics for TPAC focus on procedural areas.
... It'll be six months since we released the self-assessment tool.
... Don't think anyone has completed it yet.
... Should we make it mandatory?

MC: Don't think it's ready for that.
... We could make it easier for people to complete.
... Presented it to team to get input.
... Had some limited input.
... We could also use it ourselves when we spec review.

LW: Could I suggest asking people to complete it when they request wide review?
... APA is also good at starting reviews before a direct request comes through.
... So visibility of the form may not be good across chairs.

JS: Accessibility impact statements in specs.
... We've received push back, feeling like second class citizens compared to security and privacy.

MC: We would do a walkthrough of specs that might benefit from it.
... It seems that now even when there are no security/privacy concerns, those sections are still present in the specs.
... Pushback has often been that the sections should not just point to another spec like WCAG.
... So if that isn't what's included, what should be?
... If we can figure that out it might help.

JS: Maybe point to specific SCs?

MC: Problem is that specs are not often/always related to web content.

LW: Is it worth drawing a sample of security/privacy sections in specs, in case we can learn something from the kind of information they include?

JS: I can do that.

<scribe> ACTION: Janina to review a sample of specifications to analyse their security and privacy sections. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-apa-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2150 - Review a sample of specifications to analyse their security and privacy sections. [on Janina Sajka - due 2017-10-04].

UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: There is APIs with no descriptions.
... Also Notes that go out without time for comments.

MC: We've discussed this within the team.
... I'm not sure what APA can do in relation to either of these items though.

LW: Is there anything that could be done within the Process about the Notes?

MC: My analysis is that the Process allows Notes to go out without drafts.
... Suspect it'd be unlikely we'd be able to change the Process.
... Maybe best practices instead.

JS: Perhaps someting to discuss with Judy, or the AB?

MC: Or the TPAC Wednesday break out sessions?

LW: Worth reaching out to the other horizontal review WGs?

MC: Not sure.

<MichaelC> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2017Jun/0003.html

Push/Notification Special Call Scheduled

JS: Anne and someone else from WWG will attend a telecon.

LW: I might have a conflict for that meeting now. Will check.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

MC: Permissions is a new security spec.

JS: Want to look at that, but can think about it next week.

MC: Nothing that can't ait a week.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Janina to review a sample of specifications to analyse their security and privacy sections. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-apa-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/09/27 17:04:25 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Joanmarie_Diggs Léonie MichaelC janina
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: tink
Found Scribe: Léonie
Found Date: 27 Sep 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/09/27-apa-minutes.html
People with action items: janina

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]