Web of Things IG

11 Jan 2017


See also: IRC log


Daniel_Peintner, Darko_Anicic, Feng_Zhang, Frank_Reusch, Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kaz_Ashimura, Kazuaki_Nimura, Keiichi_Tokuyama, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch, Michael_Koster, Michael_McCool, Ryan_Ware, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Takeshi_Yamada, Takuki_Kamiya, Uday_Davuluru, Yingying_Chen, Yongjing_Zhang
Matthias, Yongjing


<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_11_January_2017

Quick Updates

<inserted> scribe: DarkoAnicic

Matthias: we have WG pages, please have a look
... any update since the last call?
... there was a progress on colaboration with Industry 4.0.

McCool: are there any IP issue to colaborate with I4.0

Matthias: it is still unclear, but we are working on this.

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

Matthias: W3C stuff and the WG chair had a call where issues related to the web page were discussed

<McCool> comment from McCool: still have some basic content to generate for the WG page, I see

Matthias: regarding GitHub, it is nice to have one repo per deliverable, fine tagging etc.

kaz: we should have a new Git repository for the WG. Additionally we can copy certain content from the IG repo.

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/

McCool: the existing IG repo still have a number of issues and other material that require care

<scribe> ACTION: kaz to do an initial clean up of the pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-85 - Do an initial clean up of the pages [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2017-01-18].

<mkovatsc> https://github.com/w3c/wotwg

This is the repository where we will create issues for the WG. We should have also a top page summing up issues etc.

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/WoT/

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/WG/ --> https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories broken

<yongjing> https://github.com/orgs/w3c/teams/wotwg/repositories

Matthias: this is the page where the repositories will be listed but they do not exist yet

<yongjing> we can put https://github.com/w3c/wotwg instead

<kaz> Web Performance page as an example

<kaz> GitHub issue on the WoT WG page

WG Calls

Matthias: we need 2 type of calls: one joint call with IG and another one for the WG
... we need an additional time slot. Your opinion?

yongjing: we can start with WG calls and at the later parts of these calls we can spare some time for IG topics. Hard to find a dedicated slot for IG calls

Matthias: +1 to yongjing's proposal

sebastian: participants of this call are mostly members of the WG, so +1 too

<Zakim> dape, you wanted to does a joined call work w.r.t to policies et cetera (question to W3C). I would be in favor of having ONE call

kaz: we can invite IG members to certain WG calls and vice versa (if chairs are fine with this)

Matthias: most of the work is public anyway
... we stick with joint calls, and details are discussed in co-chairs calls

scribenick: kaz

kaz: will create a Doodle poll for the co-Chairs calls

scribenick: DarcoAnicic

F2F Logistics

<kaz> f2f registration results

<mkovatsc> Santa Clara f2f registration site

Matthias: please register yourself

<kaz> [ just updated the f2f wiki with the registration site URL: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Registration ]

Matthias: we should reach companies and academia in Bay areas.
... Google will present its related projects, Brillo, Android Things etc.
... do you have any idea, whom to invite? Please think about it. We need interesting OpenDay presentations

Ryan: still no detailed agenda exists

Matthias: if we have a long OpenDay session, then we could move PlugFest to Tuesday

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#Outreach_and_Ad-hoc_meetings

<kaz> [ Kaz's note: We could have joint sessions of both the WG and the IG on the deliverables to be transferred on the Wednesday, and detailed discussion on the Thursday. ]

McCool: I will have a session on OCF, Semantic Web-related stuff, architecture etc.

DarkoAnicic: McCool, shell we work on RDF-related topics for the F2F meeting in April or there is already enough material for this F2F meeting

sebastian: we need a detailed discussion on serialization

kaz: shall we have a session on security topics

McCool&Ryan: there will be

scribenick: kaz

kaz: also wondering about PlugFest scenarios. we should add a subsection under the PlugFest section of the wiki

scribenick: DarkoAnicic

McCool: we should have 2 scenarios, one for OneM2M and one for OCF

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_February_2017,_USA,_Santa_Clara#PlugFest

McCool: we just discuss possibilities to bring IoTivity-, node.js etc. related stuff

<kaz> AP minutes

<kaz> [ Johannes mentioned during the AP call that he would send information on their Node.js implementation to Zoltan. ]

<mkovatsc> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/WoTF2F201602/

mjkoster: I will attend the F2F meeting

Matthias: details on the plugfest are yet to be defined but individual feature testing should be the focus

Yongjing: oneM2M Liaison presentation - introduction, break out and scenario

Matthias: AP TF decided to keep its specification for the upcoming PlugFest, TD will change

kaz: an update from the Automotive WG to be put on the agenda for F2F

oneM2M Liaison

Yongjing: gives a presentation on oneM2M and Liaion with oneM2M

<kaz> oneM2M Liaison Statement

kaz: I will put you, Yongjing, as the contact for Liaision with OneM2M

<kaz> W3C Liaison page

Kaz: on the W3C side, all three W3C stuff members will be on the W3C Liaison page

scribenick: kaz

Yongjing: regarding oneM2M spec implementers, there are oneM2M Members do that and some of them are also W3C Members

<kaz> oneM2M member list

Yongjing: wonders how/where to put the liaison statement information ont GitHub, etc.

Kaz: we already have a dedicated wiki page for Liaison contact information, so we can add a link from that wiki to the WoT public list

<kaz> WoT Liaison Wiki

scribenick: DarkoAnicic

Matthias: no further points, see you next week

<kaz> [ adjourned ]

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: kaz to do an initial clean up of the pages [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/01/11-wot-minutes.html#action01]

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.148 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/01/11 15:45:55 $