W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

24 Jun 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
paulc, glenn, +1.415.832.aaaa, markw, Niels_Thorwirth, +1.408.536.aabb, ReimundoGarcia, joesteele, [Microsoft], geguchi, BobLund, pal
Regrets
Chair
paulc
Scribe
joesteele

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 24 June 2014

<paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jun/0071.html

<scribe> scribe: joesteele

ACTION ITEMS

<paulc> ACTION-59?

<trackbot> ACTION-59 -- Paul Cotton to Coordinate with web apps on the streams api, give them MSE requirements and timeline -- due 2013-12-17 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/59

<paulc> ACTION-62?

<trackbot> ACTION-62 -- Paul Cotton to Report back about the plan for 20944 due 2013-12-15 -- due 2013-12-10 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/62

paulc: both of these are long outstanding actions
... believe these are both still open and on me

EME status and bugs

paulc: situation is that EME doc has not been updated in last week
... bug count has gone up by 2

<paulc> EME bugs: http://tinyurl.com/7tfambo

paulc: probably one new and one reopened
... might be worth looking at new one

<paulc> Bug 26118 - Event dictionaries need default values

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=26118

paulc: Anne says "event dictionaries need default values"
... not sure where in the doc he is pointing to

glenn: if any event types are defined -- generally associated with a JS dictionary -- needs some default values

paulc: maybe provide some links to the spec

markw: I think this is section 3.1 where events are defined

<paulc> See https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/encrypted-media/encrypted-media.html#event-definitions

markw: dictionaries are optional. If you don't specify the dictionary in the constructor what are the values?
... that seems to be the question

glenn: I see those -- those fields need default values

markw: syntax should be specifying the defaults

glenn: WebIDL provides for restricted values -- e.g. initData type since non-optional, would need a default type, e.g. empty string ""

paulc: sounds like an oversight on our use of WebIDL -- asiggned to the editors

Use Case wiki

paulc: status last week was there was more work to do, asking for input

<paulc> Last week's discussion: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/17-html-media-minutes.html#item07

joesteele: did a little more work, did not see any input as yet
... I will send an email again asking for input

paulc: suggest when you are done -- you will have to post a specific request

MSE status and bugs

<paulc> MSE editors draft: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/default/media-source/media-source.html

paulc: Aaron has updated the MSE draft with almost all outstanding requests
... thinking of publishing a heartbeat update
... no need to request from WG on this
... any progress offline

jdsmith: Adrian said he will try to do that
... i.e. publish the heartbeat

paulc: ok so maybe this week, maybe next. Will take 4-5 days after website admin is notified
... one outstanding bug

<paulc> Outstanding bug: Bug 25581 - Establish a update process & home for byte stream format registry and byte stream specs.

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25581

paulc: created to track the update process for the bytestream registry
... folded into a discussion from the WG
... added into the LC draft published 10 days ago
... concerned about the trick used to introduce this informative text

<paulc> In-band track bug: https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=25733

paulc: MSE bug is dependent on this bug
... Director will give us a ruling -- affects in-band tracks (5.0) also the EME registry
... EME registry has not been published yet
... informative reference in normative material is the problem -- need to handle this
... we did the wrong thing there

<paulc> Editors update: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jun/0068.html

paulc: Aaron provided a detailed update on what he has done

MSE test suite status

<paulc> See https://critic.hoppipolla.co.uk/r/951

paulc: this has the status of the MSE test suite so far
... Aaron said none of these are in his ballpark --
... some items are commented on, some are still open
... need some progress here
... someone needs to manage this
... don't seem to be making progress on answering questions in the original Google submission
... any volunteers to help get MSE finished? Aaron is doing well to keep the bug count down
... we need someone to figure out where more tests come from, where we are deficient
... and answering the questions on the Google tests submitted already
... any volunteers?

jdsmith: we could review current response, do you need more tests?

paulc: need someone on point for the test suite, keep track of where we are, participate in the dialog
... does not need to satisfy all the test needs, but needs to know where we stand
... not a big job, but if we want to get out of CR we must have tests and test results to convince the Director

markw: I will ask around at Netflix for volunteers

paulc: thanks Mark!
... however you would like to handle -- let me know
... no outstanding bugs
... have been cases where specs like this have stayed in CR for years without tests
... believe that is the last item on the agenda

other business

<paulc> Date of next Media TF meeting - July 1 or July 8?

paulc: asked last week about this -- folks are away and next Tuesday is Canada Day and I am not available

joesteele: MSE only or EME/MSE?

paulc: think the next should concentrate on EME

joesteele: I am probably not available either day

jdsmith: think we should have it on the 8th

paulc: if editors can make some progress on bugs amd Joe can make some progress on the wiki
... that is the plan then. Meet on July 8th
... unless something surprising happens we will cover EME
... thanks everyone!

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-06-24 15:34:18 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/?1:/glenn:/
Succeeded: s/?1:/glenn:/g
Succeeded: s/mse requirements/MSE requirements/
Succeeded: s/wirht/worth/
Succeeded: s/sepcify/specify/
Succeeded: s/emtpy/empty/
Succeeded: s/speciifc/specific/
Succeeded: s/doing a/publishing a/
Succeeded: s/information text/informative text/
Found Scribe: joesteele
Inferring ScribeNick: joesteele
Default Present: paulc, glenn, +1.415.832.aaaa, markw, Niels_Thorwirth, +1.408.536.aabb, ReimundoGarcia, joesteele, [Microsoft], geguchi, BobLund, pal
Present: paulc glenn +1.415.832.aaaa markw Niels_Thorwirth +1.408.536.aabb ReimundoGarcia joesteele [Microsoft] geguchi BobLund pal
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2014Jun/0071.html
Found Date: 24 Jun 2014
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2014/06/24-html-media-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]