W3C

Research and Development Working Group Teleconference

11 Jun 2014

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Shadi, Vivienne, Annika, Simon, Christos, Justin
Regrets
Klaus, David, Markel, Yehya, Silvia, Giorgio, Peter
Chair
Simon
Scribe
Annika

Contents


Metrics Note

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Weekly_Call_Scribing

shadi: There were some comments from Judy Brewer.
... Some of which relate to the other reports as well.
... Hope that Judy can join one of the next meetings to discuss with Giorgio and Markel.
... The comments are about the scope and the positioning of the reports. In terms of industry, audience, etc.

Accessible Wayfinding and Maps Progress

sharper: How is the catalog item getting along?

christos: I didn't have time to work on the wiki page this week.

Vivienne: I didn't have time either. Will work on it next week.

annika: Same here. Also hope to work on the wiki entry next week.

Current status of note edits

sharper: Priority to get the notes out.
... Bim is working on the final editing.

shadi: Expect Bim's update of the notes soon.

How to get notes out and symposiums started

<sharper> http://www.w3.org/WAI/RD/wiki/Research_Topics

sharper: The wiki page is updated.

<sharper> I wanted to outline my/our availability to edit Internet of Things (or to support an other editor).

<sharper> In case am also willing to help with Web Inclusion. As am not an expert I would perfer not to take the lead.

sharper: There is a list of "most wanted topics".
... Klaus volunteered to help with some of the topics (see email).
... any comments on the outline of research topics?

<Vivienne> sorry, will be silent for a bit as I've got another call.

sharper: Any ideas / contacts for potential editors of these topics?

<shadi> Janina Sajka from PFWG

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/

shadi: For the Web of Things: Janina and I are participating in the workshop on the Web of Things.
... Maybe she can help to organise the symposium.
... RDWG will provide research input.
... The output goes to the protocols and format WG.

<shadi> http://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/submissions.html

shadi: We have to work out the research questions first.

<shadi> (for Web Inclusion)

<shadi> [[Simon, I suggest sending this updated list to WAI CG]]

sharper: Let's talk about this again in the next meeting. Hopefully with more participants.
... I am going to the coordination group next Wednesday.
... Will make sure to give them an update on our topics.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-06-13 02:57:35 $