W3C

Internationalization Working Group Teleconference

06 Feb 2014

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Richard, Addison, Felix, Mati, JcK
Regrets
Chair
Addison Phillips
Scribe
Addison Phillips

Contents


Agenda

Action Items

http://www.w3.org/International/track/actions/open

close ACTION-279

<trackbot> Closed ACTION-279.

Info Share

richard: working on counter styles
... and tests for that
... implementing Mati's extended Hebrew submission
... getting close to submitting since counter-styles at css going to PR
... uploading a bunch of CSS tests to their suite

RADAR

https://www.w3.org/International/wiki/Review_radar

<scribe> ACTION: addison: ask for a LC due date on DOM4 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-282 - Ask for a lc due date on dom4 [on Addison Phillips - due 2014-02-13].

Publish: WYNTKA Bidi and Inline Markup ?

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/articles/inline-bidi-markup/update

richard: been out for review
... had some comments
... addressed them
... want to publish this, replacing the existing one

<scribe> chair: all in favor?

<matial> no pb

richard: would like to change the title

"Inline Markup and Bidi: What you need to know"

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/articlelist#direction

"Text Direction and Bidi"

matial: Text Direction -> Bidi ?

<matial> +1

<r12a> +1

<fsasaki> +1

+1

<JcK> yes, publish

<scribe> chair: resolved to publish

<r12a> (note that +1s are for proposal to publish)

<scribe> ACTION: richard: publish WYNTK about bidi update, retitling as appropriate [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-283 - Publish wyntk about bidi update, retitling as appropriate [on Richard Ishida - due 2014-02-13].

<fsasaki> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2014Feb/0006.html

advice on date/time definitions

felix: how would date-time values be referenced
... don't want normative reference to a Note

addison: rfc3339 ?

felix: xliff 2.0 also needs a reference

<fsasaki> addison: reference XML schema date / time type as an option

<fsasaki> .. in the thread it is not strictly a time stamp

<fsasaki> .. if it is a complete value (date, time, timezone offset) that is a time stamp

<fsasaki> .. if you want to allow other things that is more complicated, see e.g. floating number discussion

felix: mainly a timestamp, I think
... but could include things like "should be localized by such-and-such"
... not sure if that's a timestamp

<fsasaki> addision: could be treated as a time stamp

<fsasaki> .. not necessarily floating

<fsasaki> .. the mail says things like "just having a year etc." - not sure about the purpose

<fsasaki> .. question is whether you have a specific set of date values that you want to permit, or just want to allow definition of some fields with date related information

<fsasaki> [discussion on XML schema data types and whether a reference to that would help]

<fsasaki> addision: xml schema defines all of the lexical spaces

<fsasaki> .. the RFC has a list of productions that you can point to normatively

<fsasaki> .. that does not contain all the complicated stuff you don't care about

<fsasaki> .. it is an RFC, that has been around for a long time

<scribe> ACTION: felix: write back to XLIFF and ITS-IG with summary of our discussion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-284 - Write back to xliff and its-ig with summary of our discussion [on Felix Sasaki - due 2014-02-13].

css syntax @charset

richard: we can close all of the comments?

<r12a> http://www.w3.org/International/track/products/54

addison: there transition document (see email) noted that we hadn't accept (or not) their rejection of our comments
... satisfied on 306/307

richard: me too

addison: other one is 329

richard: they argued clearly why they don't want to change
... worth raising the issue
... key thing is that it's not really a rule
... wrote a set of tests for syntax
... and submitted those too
... never could do @charset with extra spaces

<scribe> chair: should we accept this?

JcK: would prefer if we fixed it, but not sure worth objecting

<fsasaki> +1

<r12a> accept

<matial> no opinion

<scribe> chair: no formal objection

<scribe> ACTION: addison: respond to ISSUE-329 indicating we are satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-285 - Respond to issue-329 indicating we are satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection [on Addison Phillips - due 2014-02-13].

Charmod Editing

http://www.doodle.com/diuzsimytq649rvp

needs to be refreshed, since it doesn't show times

AOB?

richard: recruiting?

<fsasaki> http://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/

felix: the group is mainly focusing on creating the best practices
... could contact them about reviews and whether they would like to join us

richard: good to encourage folks to participate, particularly member orgs

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: addison: ask for a LC due date on DOM4 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: addison: respond to ISSUE-329 indicating we are satisfied with their decision/have no formal objection [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: felix: write back to XLIFF and ITS-IG with summary of our discussion [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: richard: publish WYNTK about bidi update, retitling as appropriate [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2014/02/06-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2014-02-07 10:26:25 $