W3C

- DRAFT -

HTML Media Task Force Teleconference

08 Jan 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Regrets
Chair
Paul Cotton
Scribe
johnsim

Contents


<trackbot> Date: 08 January 2013

<paulc> Happy New Year!

happy new year, indeed!

<adrianba> ScribeNick: johnsim

can we send EME and MSE for submission as FPWD

paulc: once we get through question of FPWD, switch over to discuss open EME spec bugs, and then next week MSE work

First Topic: Role Call and selection of Scribe

<scribe> Done

Role call and selection of scribe

<scribe> Done

previous meeting minutes

Noted

Review of Action Items

<paulc> ACTION-8?

<trackbot> ACTION-8 -- John Simmons to discuss 17673 with dsinger -- due 2012-12-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/8

<adrianba> johnsim: i did talk with david singer - the topic was that at the Lyons meeting he raised some objections for the proposal for the format for initdata but not gone into detail in the meeting about the proposed changes - i discussed with him and wrote up some notes and will send to the reflector

<adrianba> ... his point is that the scheme box is the generic way to indicate what protection scheme is in use and PSSH is only relevant for CENC

<adrianba> ... he proposed generic ISO BMFF initdata

<paulc> John will post the resutls of the discussion and then update this action.

<paulc> ACTION-9?

<trackbot> ACTION-9 -- John Simmons to discuss 17682 with markw and propose text for JSON solution -- due 2012-12-18 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/media/track/actions/9

<adrianba> johnsim: mark and i have discussed this and provided some feedback - there is a symmetric key proposal at ietf that amends an existing spec

<adrianba> ... i need to add text to the bug with a proposed change

<paulc> John will post the resutls of the discussion and then update this action.

baseline documents

Paulc: status of the EME spec.

ddorwin: adrianba updated

<paulc> MSE candidate first public WD: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source-fpwd.html

paulc: Acolwell - provided candidate MSE draft, do we have something equivalent for EME?

ddorwin: no

paulc: what are plans for a stable EME - making more changes or is it ready for FPWD?

adrianba: we have 5 bugs remaining we marked as things we thought we should get done before FPWD. A couple are minor things, renaming one of the methods

<paulc> Who is chriho?

<chriho> John, we talked on the phone in December

<chriho> yeah

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&columnlist=assigned_to%2Ctarget_milestone%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cresolution%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=Encrypted%20Media%20Extensions&product=HTML%20WG&query_format=advanced&order=target_milestone%20DESC%2Cpriority%2Cbug_id&list_id=3876

<ddorwin> ^ sorted by TargetM

<adrianba> 17199, 17682, 18531, 20335, 20336

adrianba: i think there are a couple which are easy to do - renaming add key and replacing canplaytype, but the others have been around for a little while and may reqiure more discussion
... either move forward to FPWD as we are or with some amendments

<paulc> Key release bug is 17199

markw: text for the key release bug, one of the ones, and we are close to having text to go in the document - like to have that in the first publication

paulc: that is 17199
... at least one person saying 17199 resolved before going to FPWD

ddorwin: close to final, can work that out

paulc: what other bugs specifically that we should try to close out? was it the rename one?

adrianba: 18531 - renaming addkey and 20335 - replacing canplaytype

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17199

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=18531

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20335

paulc: lets do 18531 - who is on point

ddorwin: me. i will do it this week

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20335

paulc: who is on point for 20335?

adrianba: i am happy to do that one. not current assigned

paulc: done this week?

adrianba: yes

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20336

paulc: 20336 -

ddorwin: suggest moving this beyond FPWD unless someone objects

<paulc> Proposal is to delay resolution of 20336 until after FPWD

<paulc> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17862

paulc: 17862

<paulc> 17862 is related to ACTION-9

<paulc> 17862 will be done this week by John and David

<paulc> Outstanding bugs:

<paulc> 17199, 17682, 18531, 20335, 20336

<paulc> 17199: Mark to do this week

<paulc> 17682: John to do this week and close out ACTION-9

<paulc> 18531: David will do this week

<paulc> 20335: Adrian to do this week

<paulc> 20336; Proposal is to delay until after FPWD publication

<ddorwin> 17682 is primarily John, but I'm happy to review.

<ddorwin> 17199 is Mark.

<paulc> John asked about how to process 17673 re ACTION-8.

<paulc> Paul recommended marking the part of the document that is impacted with 17673 and to not block the FPWD on this.

<paulc> Paul also pointed out that we are going to take a week to get a candidate FPWD there is no reason not to fix other minor bugs.

<adrianba> +1

<paulc> We will hold EME until next week so that the above work can be done.

MSE editors draft

paulc: in particular, i believe that this is the link to the candidate FPWD

<paulc> Candidate FPWD: https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source-fpwd.html

Paulc: editorial team closed out blocking items and prepared a stable version of the document, do we have consensus to propose as FPWD
... no consensus to do both at same time

acolwell: any benefit?

paulc: move forward with MSE call for consensus, and say EME will follow in approximately one week
... anyone object sending candidate MSE to WG to publish as FPWD?

Resolved to send MSE to the HTML WG

Paulc: covered agenda items 4&5 and partially 6 because we touched on 6 of the outstanding 30 bugs on EME
... so David, are their any other bugs which need discussion on todays call?

ddorwin: one other one i filled in December which we haven't discussed, 20338

<adrianba> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20338

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=20338

ddorwin: my proposal is to require initdata for clear key - for consistency - more of a "heads up"

adrianba: right now discussing internally at MSFT 20336 - which is the one we agreed to postpone - removing keysystems from the source element
... trying to decide how useful it is

ddorwin: don't have a use case today where someone requires it

paulc: we have 15 minutes left - a fair number of people on the call have their work cut out for them this week
... make sure we have a candidate FPWD for next week - but since we have people here - how will we (in two weeks) figure out which items we will make progress on. there are still 30 bugs.
... can i have a little discussion on that - some assigned to other than adrianba...
... maybe we can take a couple of minutes now. there are at least 14 that need to be assigned to someone - would help if editors could give indication on which ones making prrogress on
... holds true for MSE next week, as well
... someone take an action and summarize key questions to be answered - on the bugs which are more than editorial.

adrianba: up to now, we assign when the work is understood. things we don't know what to do with we haven't assigned.

paulc: anything else on bug list you want to touch on?

ddorwin: mark, anything to comment on key release?

<ddorwin> https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=17199

markw: yes - key release part, discussing with david, updated text for the new object model, it seems very difficult to key release messages always sent
... in many cases browser won't have opportunity to send. CDM would have a persistent store so key release messages can be constructed
... text to be available later this week

paulc: to summarize - task for ready for call for consensus on MSE, and 4-5 items for this week, before next Tuesday we should have a stable working draft of EME
... possible with usual pub cycle, EME may catch up with MSE, but will not delay MSE for any reason

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.137 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-01-08 16:56:55 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.137  of Date: 2012/09/20 20:19:01  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/release/TargetM/
Succeeded: s/20235/20335/
Succeeded: s/17199: David to do this week/17199: Mark to do this week/
Succeeded: s/17682: David and John/17682: John/
Succeeded: s/bug release/key release/
Found ScribeNick: johnsim
Inferring Scribes: johnsim

WARNING: No "Present: ... " found!
Possibly Present: Aaron_Colwell BobLund Microsoft P33 P35 ScribeNick aaaa aabb aacc aadd aaee aaff aagg acolwell adrianba chriho chriho1 ddorwin guy html-media https johnsim joined markw pal paulc pladd trackbot
You can indicate people for the Present list like this:
        <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary
        <dbooth> Present+ amy

Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-media/2013Jan/0002.html
Found Date: 08 Jan 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/01/08-html-media-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]