See also: IRC log
trackbot, prepare teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 09 May 2012
<scribe> Scribe: Addison Phillips
<scribe> ScribeNick: aphillip
gwyneth: new turkish lira
... UTC accepted it in Unicode 6.2
<Gwyneth> Turkish lira: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_lira_sign
<trackbot> ACTION-63 File accepted as accepted and unreviewed comments as provisional closed
<trackbot> ACTION-115 Review IRI bidi spec for two weeks from now closed
<trackbot> ACTION-122 Check on <bdi> support in IE10 closed
gwyeth: limited support
... tried it, talked to Adrian
... didn't work as specified
... unlikely to make it into IE10
... some folks will follow up for future versions
See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012May/0071.html could I get the mandate from i18n core to write the following mail to Helena Chapman (ULI chair)? "Please do not move forward with the standardization of a segmentation marker, as mentioned in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt/2012May/0071.html without consulting the W3C i18n core working group. I think that discussion whether a new character (or
wording could be improved from "do not move forward"?
possibly both us and MW WG
<scribe> ACTION: felix: write an appropriately reworded email to ULI expressing concern about the SEGEMENTATION character [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-i18n-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-124 - Write an appropriately reworded email to ULI expressing concern about the SEGEMENTATION character [on Felix Sasaki - due 2012-05-16].
richard: koji sent some comments, but is a key person for this discussion and not on call
addison: publish FPWD?
richard: at least another week
re-action everyone to look at it
addison: will remind everyone in separate email after this call
richard: any comments?A
gwyneth: bdi tag worked if
contents were pure rtl or ltr
... but a mixed run segment didn't work
... in IE10
richard: current wekbit isolates
stuff, but doesn't apply auto direction
... so stuff like "C++" doesn't work
<Gwyneth> HTML4: <p>we found the phrase '<span dir="rtl">פעילות בינלאומית</span>‎' 5 times on the page.</p>
gwyeth: <span> is isolating in HTML4
<Gwyneth> HTML5: <p>we found the phrase '<a href="..."><bdi dir="rtl">פעילות בינלאומית</bdi></a>' 5 times on the page.</p>
richard: how can we help?
... if HTML5 is used more extensively in the user experience, this'll be more important
gwyneth: will try to influence decision
Checked in as WHATWG revision r7095. Check-in comment: make terminology less confusing http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7094&to=7095
norbert to check for satisfaction
norbert: working on
... i18n update
... no big changes
... but discussion on 21 may
... at TC 39
norbert: a whole day reserved for
us. see above link
... also updated draft for supplementary character support
norbert: express support for sooner rather than later?
<scribe> ACTION: addison: (AND ALL GROUP MEMBERS) review ecmascript supplementary draft for endorsement next week [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-i18n-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-125 - (AND ALL GROUP MEMBERS) review ecmascript supplementary draft for endorsement next week [on Addison Phillips - due 2012-05-16].
norbert: read in detail the globalization spec, please?
richard: need input on REC track
... presumably the encoding document
... generally folks agree that stuff like techniques documents should not go to REC track
... documents in gray area are CharMod-Norm, CharMode-Resid
... downside of REC is that it must go through CR
... requires tests
... takes time, hard to modify document
addison: maybe LTLI?
addison: review ruby annotation spec?
richard: will work on editing this charter, please share ideas Real Soon Now
richard: contribute to the
attribute discussion thread
... should I contact Hixie about feasibility of proposing?
... do that informally?
<scribe> ACTION: richard: contact Ian H. about feasibility of adding attributes for bidi isolation [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-i18n-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-126 - Contact Ian H. about feasibility of adding attributes for bidi isolation [on Richard Ishida - due 2012-05-16].
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/support/character support/ Found Scribe: Addison Phillips Found ScribeNick: aphillip Default Present: Addison_Phillips, Gwyneth, andrewc, Richard, matial, Norbert Present: Addison_Phillips Gwyneth andrewc Richard matial Norbert Regrets: Felix David Agenda: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-i18n-core/2012May/0006.html Found Date: 09 May 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-i18n-minutes.html People with action items: addison an appropriately email felix reworded richard write[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]