HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

13 Oct 2011

See also: IRC log


Mike, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Rich, paulc, Judy, [IPcaller], Michael_Cooper, Mike.a, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.617.615.aaaa


<trackbot> Date: 13 October 2011

<scribe> Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon

<paulc> P1 bugs: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=REOPENED&component=LC1+HTML%2BRDFa+%28editor%3A+Manu+Sporny%29&component=LC1+HTML%2FXHTML+Compat.+Authoring+Guide+%28ed%3A+Eliot+Graff%29&component=LC1+HTML+Canvas+2D+Context+%28editor%3A+Ian+Hickson%29&component=LC1+HTML+Microdata+%28editor%3A+Ian+Hickson%29&component=LC1+HTML5+spec+%28editor%3A+Ian+Hickson%29&component=LC1+alt+techniques+%28editor%3A+Steven+Fau

<paulc> I am testing whether the long URL actually works.

<scribe> scribe: janina

Paul to explain escalation options for two current P1 a11y bugs

paulc: Relates to WG Action-204

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/204?changelog

paulc: Sam got no response
... Chairs have no consensus on escalation
... However, bug originator has that authority -- to escalate
... So, if disatisfied, originator can escalate to an issue

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13181

<paulc> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13176

paulc: Want to be clear I'm not telling anyone to do this, just laying out the option

judy: A bit confused here ...

<paulc> Description P1 bugs and their processing: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html

janina: The problem for us is the desire to try and resolve how to move forward without getting into the world of cp's and counter-cp's, and surveys simply because the editor isn't responding

paulc: adding the tracker request means the bugs will likely be issues within a day or so
... at that point the time clock on cp's etc starts
... else, if we leave this to dec 31, which is the editor's deadline,

rich: we're also waiting on maciej response on draw focus ring, as he's asked for changes
... Maciej asked we split this out, our question is 'does it look OK'

paulc: On that, I have no more I can add

rich: feel like we're squeezed in part because we're waiting a month for a response from one of the chairs

janina: Think there are two things here getting tangled

paulc: One is the process of bug handling then escalating

janina: Second is the attemtp to respond to Maciej's suggestion. Have we satisfied his suggestion? We're unclear and have no response on that

judy: Wondering if we need to revisit coordination
... Think Paul has been clear with us, but some of this goes beyond
... Suggest we assign this to us, myself, Janina, Paul, etc to take on a coordination level

rich: How do I reopen Issue-131

paulc: Is this this topic, or

rich: Maciej says 'reopen issue-131' but i don't know how

paulc: Looking ...

<MikeSmith> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0138.html "Final decision on Issue-131"

paulc: Suggest an email publically saying why the request to reopen

<paulc> Here is the link to ISSUE-131: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131

rich: Will Maciej be on the WG call, I want to ask whether he's happy with the changes before I move forward with the request to reopen

paulc: Suggest as part of the a11y report

Subteam Reports: Media; Text; Canvas; ARIA Mappings; Bug Triage

<MikeSmith> janina: Media subteam has not planned to meet for some time

janina: Media not currently active, though we need to ping on a couple issues

<MikeSmith> ... John and I have discussed a couple things we need to get together to talk about more, but we have not done that yet

judy: On text

<Judy> http://www.w3.org/2011/10/11-text-minutes.html

judy: New time not working, will try Tuesdays at 1PM Boston
... On longdesc, John has responded at length to Jonas
... Janina is completing a brief response on Matt's cp
... Maciej had suggested to fold John's content into Laura's cp

paulc: Don't think this is a chairs response, just a suggestion from Maciej

judy: On meta generator -- Janina coordinating with Steve Faulkner's proposal, not yet settled
... On Table Summary, progress on expanded uses cases,
... the css generated content questin now morphing into something that PF will discuss with CSS

mike: Think Maciej's comment was simply his own suggestion

judy: Question we're concerned is whether our response to Jonas will be considered as sufficient group response

<Stevef> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/notitlev2

mike: Next Bug Triage

leonie: Almost done with priority evaluation, we've changed two, I think
... Next we go through to manage that there is sufficient info, etc

review bugzilla a11y-tf "needs info" bugs

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=a11ytf&bug_status=RESOLVED&resolution=NEEDSINFO

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12964

Steve: Seems Silvia asked some open ended questions, therefore the current status

michael: Perhaps Silvia neglect to change bug status?

mike: Sounds right. I'm moving it to 'reopened'

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11956

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=11956#c12

mike: Editor says he doesn't understand the problem, where's the responsibility?
... This has been there awhile

steve: Feel like a continuing runaround
... Will look at it but feel it's something that won't be addressed, feels futilie
... Issue seems common sense to me

judy: Anything we can do to facilitate this?
... Seems we've a few issues today with "sand in the gears"

steve: Editor has formally objected to reversions

paulc: Both revert requests were reverted by chairs
... Ian' has formal object to that

<MikeSmith> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/html5/spec/Overview.html.diff?r1=1.5345;r2=1.5346;f=h

<paulc> Formal objections: http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html

judy: So my suggestion is do the next step, with apologies that it's needed to be done

steve ok

<MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10784

mike: This is issue-32, where we have a decision

janina, also not favored in the TF

michael: We can't assume Gregory will be back in a time frame we can work with

mike: Suggest removing a11ytf keyword

janina, agree

[no objection on call]

review other bugzilla a11y-tf bugs

Other Business

Identify Scribe for 06 October

Steve Faulkner volunteers

ah, that should have been 20 October!

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/10/13 15:59:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found Scribe: janina
Inferring ScribeNick: janina
Default Present: Mike, Rich_Schwerdtfeger, Rich, paulc, Judy, [IPcaller], Michael_Cooper, Mike.a, Cynthia_Shelly, +1.617.615.aaaa
Present: Mike Rich_Schwerdtfeger Rich paulc Judy [IPcaller] Michael_Cooper Mike.a Cynthia_Shelly +1.617.615.aaaa

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 13 Oct 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/10/13-html-a11y-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]