HTML-A11y Bug Triage telecon

06 Sep 2011


See also: IRC log


Michael_Cooper, Hans_Hillen, Léonie_Watson, Joshue_O_Connor
Marco_Ranon, Gez_Lemon
Joshue, Hans Hillen


<Joshue> scribe: Joshue

<MichaelC> scribe: Joshue

Tagged bugs review

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13661

To be assigned to Cynthia

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13662

MC: This is the same situation.

To be assigned to Cynthia

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13666

MC: Recommended this as a TF priority, but not a high one.

<MichaelC> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13667

MC: The title att is overloaded, this is a TF priority



MC: There is work to be done on this but we should track it.

HH: This is where content isn't seen?

MC: There are lots of different issues.

<agreement to add a11ytf keyword>

MC: We could assign it to Greg
... He's not formally a member tho
... He's in UAAG
... We could bring it up on Thurs a11y call


MC: Batch changes to DOM
... I think we don't need to track it, because it has been addressed by Ian but if Greg isn't satisfied then it is an issue.
... Assign to Greg, get confirmation that it is an issue but don't add keyword.

HH: Is the issue about group firing of DOM events?
... If you have a batch of DOM mutation events the AT needs to be informed.

MC: It may be tolerable, if not ideal.


MC: Not an a11y priority


MC: This is a TF issue, and is attached to text sub group.


MC: We need to discuss this
... We have been dealing with this in the Text Sub group.
... I want to add a dependency to 8171


MC: Dup of 10642
... Don't need to track


MC: Dup of 13729

There are no URIs for Marcos bugs


LW: Ask John Foliot to follow up


LW: Go with Marcos recommendation

MR: I think allowing CAPTION outside tables would

create more confusion.


John Foliot to follow up


LW: To be labelled with a11ytf keyword


LW: Marco suggests ignore.


JOC: We may want to take some time to parse this

LW" Will we assign it to Rich?

HH: Is it an editorial change?

MC: We should assign it to Rich to determine if it is a TF priority
... Or to close it.


LW: Comment on longdesc, has text, a11y keyword etc

MC: This needs to be tagged to the TF as a whole

JOC: Probably worth discussing by wider group


LW: Marco asked for clarification

MC: I don't agree with the bug
... It could result in overloading the word 'alternate'.

LW: We won't worry about tagging this one


JOC: There is no bug description

MC: This may be a placeholder bug, more info needed
... This is also filled against the HTML API doc
... No need to track


LW: Bug closed, seems ok.

MC: Assign to Andrew and ask for verification

Gez's Bugs


JOC: They will defo say this is a user agent issue

HH: Why?

MC: This is specific to the audio element

LW: Should we monitor it?

MC: We should track.


LW: Is the canvas group tracking?

MC: We should track as it relates to work we are doing

JOC: +1 to tracking


JOC: There is an issue of context, is it in conjunction with <canvas> etc then its an issue.

MC: I think this is an issue
... I am surprised at Ian's response
... I think we should track it


JOC: Is that text on Input elements spec text?

The main URI is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2011Aug/0008.html

VHA Comments on HTML5 Draft Specification

JOC: I agree with it, the bug is a detail from above.

MC: This bug isn't adding anything, it is dealt with in other a11y bugs


HH: Its from the VHA

JOC: What should we do with these, the feedback is useful but not suitable bug fodder?
... Quite a few of these are comments from the VHA.

LW: THere is useful info here.

MC: API mapping is up to a seperate doc.

<hhillen> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13738

<hhillen> LW: We should track it

<scribe> Scribe:Hans Hillen

<hhillen> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13739

<MichaelC> scribeNick: hhillen

MC: We need to assign this to someone to provide more info

HH: This is another VHA bug that basically states text, caret andselection info needs to be properly exposed for editable content

LW: We'll tag it with the keyword and bring it up at the task force meeting on Thursday


LW: duplicate of 13733

MC: If it's the same as 13733 and this one provides better detail, this should be marked as blocks 13733, add the task force keyword


LW: It's a suggestion for a new image element that contains tactile information for tactile displays
... I'm not sure this would need a specific tag

MC: It sounds like we should reach out to this person outside the bug process, but we don't want to track this.

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.136 (CVS log)
$Date: 2011/09/06 16:19:46 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136  of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/event/events/
Succeeded: s/Folito/Foliot/
Succeeded: s/suggest/suggests/
Succeeded: s/Ian/Ian's/
Found Scribe: Joshue
Found Scribe: Joshue
Inferring ScribeNick: Joshue
WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <hhillen> ...
Found Scribe: Hans Hillen
Found ScribeNick: hhillen
Scribes: Joshue, Hans Hillen
ScribeNicks: hhillen, Joshue
Default Present: Michael_Cooper, Hans_Hillen, Léonie_Watson, Joshue_O_Connor
Present: Michael_Cooper Hans_Hillen Léonie_Watson Joshue_O_Connor
Regrets: Marco_Ranon Gez_Lemon
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Sep/0010.html
Got date from IRC log name: 06 Sep 2011
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/09/06-a11y-bugs-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]