See also: IRC log
<trackbot> Date: 03 March 2011
<paulc> paulc on manual mute
<oedipus> scribe: Marco_Ranon
<oedipus> scribenick: Marco_Ranon
<MichaelC> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html
MS: survey for f2f meeting
... enough people for the f2f
CS: 11 March deadline for registration. Room booked.
GJR: need access for remote users
MS: we can use skype
<oedipus> skype is fine
MS: do we have two rooms for breakout group?
CS: one big room
MS: logistics lined up.
RS: summary: ARIA will be
included in HTML5
... minor issues but acceptable
RS: authors might not use html5 control so for accessibility is important that aria is used
<MikeSmith> detailed list of changes from Steve Faulkner
MS: positive resolution for tis issue, no strong objections
PC: the proposal put together by
mostly Laura Carlson have been considred by the chairs and the
issue reopen for LC
... we'll open a call for counter proposals
PC: any questions?
JF: when is the issue going to be considred? when is the next step?
PC: it's a LC issue
... no dates that apply to pre-LC apply tho this issue
... this also applies to all other LC issues: the chairs are not asking the WG to do work on this until it's time for LC
... approx May
... but it might be appropriate for a11y people to talk discuss the issue with other people to try to reach consensus (option to be perhaps discussed off-line)
<oedipus> it's called reality
GJR: we've done that already but we want to make clear the need for the mechanism
PC: we should discuss this option off-line
<oedipus> we have reached the same dead end by travelling many routes
MS: facilitators will talk about it
<oedipus> those who objected didn't on factual/need grounds, but on faulty statistics
JF: i think we need to have this conversations
<oedipus> i've been discussing longdesc with IDPF/EPUB and they NEED longdesc and native describedby by March for their deadline
<MikeSmith> "What's the spec I should use as the reference for these rules?"
<oedipus> the reference is in Steve's proposed text
MS: Hixie needs more info
RS: we are working on this. More info after the f2f
MS: will respond to Hixie today
RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-131.
PC: march 22 the deadline
<paulc> ISSUE-131 Call for Counter Proposals closes Mar 22: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
<oedipus> call for alternate proposals for Canvas caret: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
RS: working on issue 131
MS: March 22 is the deadline for all information needed for decisions prior LC
<oedipus> RS: thanks to chairs for expediting the canvas decision
<oedipus> PC: thanks to those who worked on Canvas
JF: discussion on track. started with 8 solution, now need to discuss the progress at the f2f to meet the deadline
JF: discussed issue-9 yesterday. chairs proposed to close the issue
<oedipus> call for consensus/counter proposal for HTML WG Issue-9 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0410.html
JF: there is concern that closing issue-9 might affect work in progress
JF: if issue-9 is closed we can still continue
<oedipus> if hixie could at least be in IRC for pinging purposes that would be a benefit
MS: Hixie might no be at the f2f, but we can ask him to join
<oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 "video-accessibility" associated with HTML WG bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736
JF: issue-9 was an old issue and
we have other issues that relate to current work by the
... just a couple of outstanding bug
GJR: bug triage subteam sould check the bugs associated to issue-9
<oedipus> HTML WG Issue-9 associated with HTML WG bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736
MC: we didn't meet. nothing to report
<oedipus> ACTION: kliehm - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-108 - - have bug triage subgroup review the bugs associated with HTML WG ISSUE-9 (bugs 5758, 8187, 8657, 8658, 8659, 8736) [on Martin Kliehm - due 2011-03-10].
<kliehm> we are at inbox 0 at the moment for the bug-triage sub-team.
<MikeSmith> kliehm, cool, thanks
RS: nothing to add to what said before about issue-129
MS: proposed topics for f2f in
the agenda of this meeting
... we have critical mass
... RS, do we have people for canvas discussion?
RS: not sure if FrankO will be there
MS: we might not have enough to
do with canvas
... we should have canvas and media breakouts at the same time
<oedipus> caret in canvas: http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
MS: Counter proposal to a11y TF proposal for Issue 131. (if it comes up by March 22)
<oedipus> RichS change proposal for HTML WG Issue-131 http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/CaretSelection
RS: Aria.next: are there things we need for html5?
<oedipus> call for counter proposals on caret in canvas (deadline 22 March 2011) http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0374.html
RS: for example, do we want the equivalent of a longdesc in ARIA?
JF: there are still some
accessibilty related open issues. we are supposed to hace
change proposals by March 22
... should we discuss those issues?
<oedipus> i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other Issues Which Need Immediate Attention/
MS: we are expecting chairs to make decisions on issue 31 and 32
JF: at the f2f we should have a bigger group to discuss open issues and not only breakout groups
<trackbot> ACTION-106 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - prepare keyboard access high-level issues discussion for F2F -- due 2011-03-03 -- OPEN
<trackbot> ACTION-105 -- Gregory Rosmaita to - review w3c bugzilla installation versus newest version 4, coordinate with those who volunteered, present options and needs -- due 2011-03-03 -- OPEN
MS: action-106 on GJR
GJR: will do that
GJR: looking into this
<MikeSmith> action-104: Rich says this one was done
<trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas fallback content notes added
<MikeSmith> close action-104
<trackbot> ACTION-104 Post question to HTML working group on whether to limit HTML elements in non-visible content such as the Canvas fallback content closed
<oedipus> GJR needs to reset due date for action-105 (review current installation now/round-robin improvement suggestions after F2F
<oedipus> GJR set some to "pending review"
MS: to all, please close actions assigned to you that you are not taking up now, but comment on the reasons
zackim, unmute me
rssagent, make minutes
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135 of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: i/MS: survey for f2f/TOPIC: Face2Face Planning/Schedule Succeeded: i/RS: summary: ARIA will/TOPIC: ARIA in HTML Decision & Follow-Up Succeeded: s/MS: working on issue 131/RS: working on issue 131/ Succeeded: s/RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-133./RS: worked on a counter proposal for issue-131./ Succeeded: i/RS: Aria.next/TOPIC: ARIA Next and HTML5 FAILED: i/JF: there are still some accessiblity/TOPIC: Other Issues Which Need Immediate Attention Succeeded: i/JF: there are still some accessibilty related open issues/TOPIC: Other Issues WHich Need Immediate Attention Found Scribe: Marco_Ranon Found ScribeNick: Marco_Ranon Default Present: Eric, John_Foliot, Michael_Cooper, paulc, Gregory_Rosmaita, Mike_Smith, Marco_Ranon, Cynthia_Shelly, Rich, Martin_Kliehm, MikeSmith Present: Eric John_Foliot Michael_Cooper paulc Gregory_Rosmaita Mike_Smith Marco_Ranon Cynthia_Shelly Rich Martin_Kliehm MikeSmith Regrets: Laura_Carlson Kenny_Johar Silvia_Pfieffer Janina_Sajka Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2011Mar/0026.html Found Date: 03 Mar 2011 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2011/03/03-html-a11y-minutes.html People with action items: kliehm[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]